Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: The…

Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: The Classic Guide to… (original 1992; edition 1992)

by John Gray

Member:Daniel.Estes
Title:Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: The Classic Guide to Understanding the Opposite Sex
Authors:John Gray
Info:Thorsons (2002), Paperback, 320 pages
Collections:Archived

Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus by John Gray (1992)

English (44)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (48)
Excelente libro, es una lectura obligatoria para las parejas, ya sea de novios o esposos. Ayuda grandemente a entender como piensa cada uno, es decir como piensa una mujer y como piensa un hombre, para que de esta manera se puedan entender mejor y llevar una relación más exitosa ( )
  Pamelangeles | Jul 3, 2014 |
it was a good book for those who are in a long-term relationship and likes to keep the love alive. Relationships are hard to work out and this book helps in lessening the load. It is a very practical guide and is very insightful into the psyche of the opposite sex. However, John Gray is redundant and kept paraphrasing himself. I'll read a paragraph and the next paragraph is basically the same thing with different words only thus making the book boring in a way. I would appreciate pictures or some funny comic strips. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Mar 10, 2014 |
And I thought I knew women. This turned my head around. Women are so much different than I realized. Great insights. ( )
  ZacharyFarina | Feb 6, 2014 |
When I first begin reading this book, it seemed very dated, and the author would occasionally make subtle hints promoting other items and seminars available. Looking past the few distractions, I discovered a wealth of indispensable information to improve my relationship with my spouse as well as improving communication with people in the workplace and social situations. I only wish that I had discovered this book earlier in my life, because I believe that my live in general would have been much more rewarding and enjoyable. I definitely recommend reading this book to anyone and think that it would be beneficial to add as part of the curriculum in high schools, that is if high schools ever begin to implement teaching classes related to practical live application. ( )
  lewisvickers | Jul 22, 2013 |
Buku yang sangat bermanfaat untuk memahami perbezaan antara lelaki dan wanita.

3 Perkara menarik tentang buku ini adalah:

1)Bagaimana untuk memahami perbezaan cara berfikir antara lelaki dan wanita
2)Bagaimana untuk mengelakkan perselisihan faham antara lelaki dan wanita.
3)Bagaimana untuk menggunakan kelemahan sebagai sumber kekuatan dalam sesuatu perhubungan.

Dapatkan sekarang!Sebelum nasi menjadi bubur.Perang bertambah buruk!
  syazli | Apr 27, 2013 |
This book is dedicated with deepest love and affection to my wife, Bonnie Gray. Her love vulnerability, wisdom and strength have inspired me to be the best I can be and to share what we have learned together.
Imagine that men are from Mars and women are from Venus.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 006016848X, Hardcover)

Relationship counselor John Gray focuses on the differences between men and women--men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, after all--and offers a simple solution: couples must acknowledge and accept these differences before they can develop happier relationships. In this unabridged version, Gray gives a spirited delivery of his message, especially when role-playing typical male/female interactions. Although it takes some time to adjust to his slightly nasal tone, the information is sound and gives both men and women helpful hints on improving themselves and their union. (Running time: 9.5 hours, 6 cassettes) --Sharon Griggins

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:52 -0400)

Popular marriage counselor and seminar leader John Gray provides a unique, practical and proven way for men and women to communicate and relate better by acknowledging the differences between them. Once upon a time Martians and Venusians met, fell in love, and had happy relationships together because they respected and accepted their differences. Then they came to earth and amnesia set in: they forgot they were from different planets. Using this metaphor to illustrate the commonly occurring conflicts between men and women, Gray explains how these differences can come between the sexes and prohibit mutually fulfilling loving relationships. Based on years of successful counseling of couples, he gives advice on how to counteract these differences in communication styles, emotional needs and modes of behavior to promote a greater understanding between individual partners. Gray shows how men and women react differently in conversation and how their relationships are affected by male intimacy cycles ("get close", "back off"), and female self-esteem fluctuations ("I'm okay", "I'm not okay"). He encourages readers to accept the other gender's particular way of expressing love, and helps men and women learn how to fulfill each other's emotional needs. With practical suggestions on how to reduce conflict, crucial information on how to interpret a partner's behavior and methods for preventing emotional "trash from the past" from invading new relationships, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus is a valuable tool for couples who want to develop deeper and more satisfying relationships with their partners.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,483,731 books! | Top bar: Always visible