Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: The…

Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: The Classic Guide to… (original 1992; edition 1992)

by John Gray

Member:Daniel.Estes
Title:Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: The Classic Guide to Understanding the Opposite Sex
Authors:John Gray
Info:Thorsons (2002), Paperback, 320 pages
Collections:Archived
Tags:How-To, Audiobook

Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus by John Gray (1992)

English (53)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  Catalan (1)  Arabic (1)  All languages (58)
I generally stay away from self-help books. Most of them are common sense anyway. I picked this one up one time out of curiosity, and to my surprise a lot of the chapters bring up excellent points. A bit of it is hit and miss and based on your perspective and to be taken with a grain of salt. Still, the chapters telling the differences between men and their silent phases, women needing to talk a lot on an emotional level, and arguments that arise and reasons behind them make a lot of sense. I saw signs of this in every relationship I've been in, and continue to see it when friends come to me with relationship troubles. Worth a read for sure. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
Good book :) Men's minds are so funny! I make mistakes all the time out of care! It is so funny to understand how the same situation could be so different for me to him. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Insightful. A good perspective. I would recommend. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
Insightful. A good perspective. I would recommend. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
This book is dedicated with deepest love and affection to my wife, Bonnie Gray. Her love vulnerability, wisdom and strength have inspired me to be the best I can be and to share what we have learned together.
Imagine that men are from Mars and women are from Venus.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 006016848X, Hardcover)

Relationship counselor John Gray focuses on the differences between men and women--men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, after all--and offers a simple solution: couples must acknowledge and accept these differences before they can develop happier relationships. In this unabridged version, Gray gives a spirited delivery of his message, especially when role-playing typical male/female interactions. Although it takes some time to adjust to his slightly nasal tone, the information is sound and gives both men and women helpful hints on improving themselves and their union. (Running time: 9.5 hours, 6 cassettes) --Sharon Griggins

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:22 -0400)

Popular marriage counselor and seminar leader John Gray provides a unique, practical and proven way for men and women to communicate and relate better by acknowledging the differences between them. Once upon a time Martians and Venusians met, fell in love, and had happy relationships together because they respected and accepted their differences. Then they came to earth and amnesia set in: they forgot they were from different planets. Using this metaphor to illustrate the commonly occurring conflicts between men and women, Gray explains how these differences can come between the sexes and prohibit mutually fulfilling loving relationships. Based on years of successful counseling of couples, he gives advice on how to counteract these differences in communication styles, emotional needs and modes of behavior to promote a greater understanding between individual partners. Gray shows how men and women react differently in conversation and how their relationships are affected by male intimacy cycles ("get close", "back off"), and female self-esteem fluctuations ("I'm okay", "I'm not okay"). He encourages readers to accept the other gender's particular way of expressing love, and helps men and women learn how to fulfill each other's emotional needs. With practical suggestions on how to reduce conflict, crucial information on how to interpret a partner's behavior and methods for preventing emotional "trash from the past" from invading new relationships, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus is a valuable tool for couples who want to develop deeper and more satisfying relationships with their partners.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,628,934 books! | Top bar: Always visible