Black Wings by Christina Henry

Black Wings

by Christina Henry

I listened to the audiobook of this one and found it to be witty, fast paced and exciting. Ms. Henry adds some very nice twists to the lore of "The Fallen Angel" ( )
  TheiBookEmporium | May 21, 2014 |
Loved it. Fantastic characters and fascinating world building and a very interesting and different take on angel/demon mythology I haven't seen before. Very impressed. ( )
  sunsetxcocktail | Jan 20, 2014 |
RATING: 2 stars

I must admit I skipped a few pages on this one (about 20, towards the end). I was bored by the whole Gabriel thing (I should have known... his last name is "Angeloscuro", so he would be brooding and tortured) and Madeline was too much of a powered-up Mary Sue. The plot was thin and the writing wasn't great. Sure the idea was mildly interesting and I was liking the story up until Gabriel appeared, but overall it could have been much better. :P ( )
  slayra | Sep 21, 2013 |
This was actually pretty good. Gabriel was kind of a wimp, definitely not Alpha but the characters were interesting and Maddy was a good heroine. She had all this power but it freaked her out and she couldn't control it, not like your usual PNR heroine. ( )
  LaCello | Sep 21, 2013 |
decidedly meh ( )
  emcnicho | Aug 25, 2013 |
For Chris and Henry, who make everything worthwhile.
I hate it when a soul goes all stubborn on me.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441019633, Mass Market Paperback)

Escorting souls into the afterlife leaves Maddy little time for socializing-until devilishly handsome Gabriel Angeloscuro agrees to rent the empty apartment in her building. But when demons start appearing on Maddy's front lawn, she realizes there's more to her new tenant than meets the eye.

View our feature on Christina Henry's Black Wings

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:50 -0400)

As an Agent of Death, Madeline Black is responsible for escorting the souls of the dearly departed to the afterlife. Maddy's position may come with magical powers and an impressive wingspan, but it doesn't pay the bills. And then there are her infuriating boss, tenant woes, and a cranky, popcorn-loving gargoyle to contend with. Things start looking up, though, when tall, dark, and handsome Gabriel Angeloscuro agrees to rent the empty apartment in Maddy's building. It's probably just a coincidence that as soon as he moves in demons appear on the front lawn. But when an unholy monster is unleashed upon the streets of Chicago, Maddy discovers powers she never knew she possessed. Powers linked to a family legacy of tarnished halos. Powers that place her directly between the light of Heaven and the fires of Hell.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,699,014 books! | Top bar: Always visible