Unforgivable (Pocket Books Romance) by Laura…

Unforgivable (Pocket Books Romance)

by Laura Griffin (Author)

Series: Tracers (3)

79None151,561 (3.98)None

Very good romantic suspense with a gripping mystery. Ric won't ever be among my favorite heroes. He was a bit too jerky for my tastes, but he was an interesting character, good at his job and a flawed, but trying to be better, father. I liked Mia more and thought that if some of her decisions were questionable they were realistic for her, given that she's a scientist not a cop or trained law enforcement type. I like this series and like that each book really does stand alone. One or two characters from previous stories pop up but you don't need to know or remember much of their background. ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |
The prior book with Troy flew by, but Mia held my full attention. I think I do better with a heroine that I'm already invested in (as there is no "getting to know you" phase). Mia and Ric have an interesting backstory and are red hot once they come together. This one may be a re-read in the future. ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |
This book captured my attention from the first pages. It starts out with what appears to be a random car jacking, Mia Voss a DNA Tracer, had been having a very bad day, so when she is carjacked and almost killed, she thinks its a random act. The detective assigned to the case is Ric Santos, seems that Mia and Ric had started to develop a relationship, but he pulled away for no apparent reason. It soon becomes apparent a killer is after Mia, and doesn't mind using her family to get to her. Ric is determined to keep her safe, and that means keeping her close. Can they figure out who the madman is, before he kills again, and will Ric be able to protect Mia, without becoming sexually involved with her?

This book was a page turner from the get go, the car jacking happens on page five, and the action continues at a fast pace throughout the rest of the book. While the book is labeled as a romance, I think it is more suspense, with a romance thrown in. It is full of page turning action, with mystery, suspense, drama with a romance rolled in. Mia was a very strong character, and while a few of the decisions she made seemed out of character for her, she felt she was protecting her nephew. Once I read Ric's background I understood why he found it difficult to be in a relationship, but the author did a great job of allowing his character to develop,it was nice seeing his interactions with his daughter. I really enjoyed the secondary characters in this story as well, I can't wait to read more of Sophie and Jonah's story in the next book "Snapped" in reading the teaser that was in the back of this book, it sounds like another gripping novel.

While this is the third book in the Tracer series, it can easily be read as a stand alone work, the author does a great job of filling us in on any details we needed to understand the story. If your a fan of stories with the perfect blend of action, suspense, mystery, and romance then you definitely need to pick up this book!

Even though I was provided a copy of this book for review by the publisher it in no way alters my opinion of this book. ( )
  kittycrochettwo | Dec 5, 2010 |
From my book review blog Rundpinne..."Fast paced, intense, and rich in detail and fabulous characters, Unforgivable does not disappoint. " My full review may be read here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/11/book-review-unforgivable-by-laura-griffin.html ( )
  knittingmomof3 | Dec 1, 2010 |
Dr. Mia Voss has been a top Delphi Center operative and above reproach, until now. Some one is threatening her and her family and is making it clear that she does what they say or else. What she doesn’t need is super cop Ric Santos snooping around stirring up feelings that she’d rather not think about while also being her conscience. Ric Santos has a good reason for not wanting sexy Mia Voss in his life, she’s the nesting sort and all he wants is meaningless encounters with women. But something is happening that is keeping them in close contact and that contact is about to react like tnt to a spark. He needs to keep her safe, he needs to find out what she’s hiding and he needs to keep his hands off of her.

In this the third of her Tracers series Laura Griffin gives us a strong story line that is easily believed in today’s society of intrigue and above the law politicians and her audience will get their fill of both in this action packed thriller. She will wow us with her narrative that will invite you into her world of crime drama by taking you on a journey for the senses. She will do this through her enigmatic characters most of whom we’ve met in previous episodes of the Tracers series but not all of them. And you her readers will have to look hard to see that almost invisible line between good and evil and determine who wears the white hat and who wears the black as she takes us through the twists and turns of this novel and I’ll bet very few of you will know who the villain is until the author wants us to know him/her. Her romance is frustrating and entertaining and you will doubt this couple is heading for their HEA because of all the obstacles she gives them to get through. The love scenes however leave no room for doubt that these two people are compatible in the biblical sense.

Ms. Griffin has a way with words that will keep her readers engrossed for the entire length of her novels and this one is no different. She will lure you with a plot right off CNN or your local headlines, she’ll hook you with her dialogue that will keep you turning pages without stopping and she’ll reel you in with her characters that are over the top and yet your next door neighbors in one. This is a good stand a lone novel but my suggestion is read the series. ( )
  dhaupt | Nov 15, 2010 |

"At first, Mia Voss thinks its just bad luck when her already lousy day ends with a carjacking, but what seems like a random incident is followed by another sinister episode. A DNA expert, Mia has made it her mission to put away vicious criminals. Suddenly, shes become the target of one. And the only way to protect the people she loves most is to deliberately destroy her reputation and risk letting a killer walk free." --From publisher's description.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,474,782 books! | Top bar: Always visible