Bless the Bride by Rhys Bowen

Bless the Bride

by Rhys Bowen

2081384,093 (3.78)1

This is another good book from the Molly Murphy series. I was so nervous for her and wondered if Daniel would be too mad to get married. All turned out well and now I'm excited to read about her honeymoon. ( )
  eliorajoy | Mar 14, 2018 |
Oh my Molly!

Having been sent to work on her wedding with her soon-to-be mother-in-law, Molly is thrilled to be rescued by her dear friends Sid and Gus for a wedding party on her behalf.

In true Molly fashion, curiosity begs her attention as she apprehensively takes on one last seemingly innocent case to find a jade necklace for a very powerful Chinese man. Of course, nothing is ever cut and dry for Molly, and she finds herself torn between what is best for her safety and doing the job she was hired to do.

Having decided to resign from the case, it only gets more complicated when Molly's client is found murdered. While be questioned by the officer in charge of the case, Daniel arrives at the scene and is none to happy to see his blushing bride in the midst of a crime scene yet again! ( )
  shannon.dolgos | Sep 5, 2017 |
man i am glad she is a lil smarter. and i learned something new about our history once agin. i love historical novels and when the authors put notes in the back to let you know what is real and what is ficiton. ( )
  kdf_333 | Jan 16, 2016 |
It seems appropriate to dedicate this to
my husband, John. You have been
the wind beneath my wings.
Westchester County, New York, September 1903

"I think I may be in a spot of trouble," I said.

Set in 1903, Bowen's engaging 10th Molly Murphy mystery (after 2010's The Last Illusion) finds the maverick New York City PI at a major personal turning point. Her impending marriage to Capt. Daniel Sullivan of the NYPD will, at his insistence, mark an end to her sleuthing career, but she can't resist taking on one last case. After a powerful and affluent Chinatown businessman, Lee Sing Tai, asks her to locate a missing piece of valuable jade jewelry, Murphy soon ascertains that the less than forthcoming Lee really wants her to trace the missing bride he recently purchased in China. Searching for Lee's bride while keeping her activities a secret from her fiancé is a considerable challenge for Molly, who also ends up with a murder to solve.

Before the wedding bells can ring for PI Molly Murphy, a wealthy Chinese immigrant wants her to find his missing bride, and Molly---sure she isn't getting the whole story---suspects that his bride ran off. Set in early-twentieth-century New York.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,730,395 books! | Top bar: Always visible