Die for Me (Revenants) by Amy Plum

Die for Me (Revenants) (edition 2011)

by Amy Plum

Member:AllisonKraft
Title:Die for Me (Revenants)
Authors:Amy Plum
Info:HarperTeen (2011), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 352 pages

Die for Me by Amy Plum

Recently added byErina39, carlalambrechts, neosofia
    The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller (megtall)
    megtall: Immortality combined with romance...you can't go wrong.

English (112)  German (1)  All (113)
Indeed, after re-reading this book so I can continue with the rest of the series with a fresh memory, I have to say it was as fun and as fast and as addictive as I remembered it. I still liked the characters a lot (specially the main girl, Kate, which is something very rare for me; and, of course, Vincent, which fits perfectly into the type of bishounen I love in this type of book), I didn't end up annoyed as hell with a silly 16-years-old girl who only did stupid things, no. On the contrary, I found Kate quite smart, all things considered, quite composed and nice and even though the book is narrated on first person, as all these books seems to be, it didn't end up making me hate her or anything.

The story is gripping and fun, it takes my mind off things in real life (which is, to me, the whole point of reading: for fun and escapism, haha), I got invested in the characters and their fate and the whole reading and re-reading of this book was overall very enjoyable, specially coming from reading the deplorable Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick. It was a very good change for the better, and I didn't even mind the similarities with Twilight because, unlike what happens on the Hush Hush series, it didn't imitate the bad/annoying/infuriating/hilariously stupid things, but the things that bugged me the least in Twilight.

So, yeah. I liked re-reading this, I fell in love with Vincent and the rest of the characters again and I'm definitely hoping the rest of the series will be as good if not better as this first book. :)

MisaBookworm | Dec 5, 2017 |
This book has been sitting on my TBR shelf (literally) for over a year now. I almost picked it up a number of times but always had something else I wanted or needed to read first. I finally picked up it up on Sunday night because I was in need of a change of pace from what I had been reading and after reading just a page knew I was in for a treat.

The way Ms Plum writes is easy to read and friendly and the story engaging enough that before you know it you are are half way through the book and ready to finish it within a matter of hours.

I liked the characters. The way the characters were painted in tis book left me with a clear image in my head of what i though they should look like and how they would act. I found Kate likeable and endearing and wanted a Vincent of my very own :-)

The setting of Paris is the ideal Romantic setting and again, Ms Plum's writing painted me a picture of a glorious city.

However I need to go back to the story. It was fresh and original and I look forward to reading the next instalment, which I already have on my kindle. Hopefully it won't take me so long to get to it this time.

I give this book 4 stars ( )
  SapphiredDragon | Nov 21, 2017 |
I'm actually ashamed about how much I enjoyed this book, considering that TECHNICALLY most of the romance was really nauseating and that they were zombies, basically. But I really, really liked it. It was sweet and syrupy romance, really cheesy and cliched, and it was a perfect light summer read.

I like Kate. I like that she is not a crazy party girl, tries it, doesn't like it, and continues to unapologetically be herself. I felt like she grew throughout the course of the story. I liked the sub characters well enough - especially Jules and Charlotte. They had distinct personalities and were lovely.

The storyline was a bit weak. It was really interesting, but it definitely took a back seat to Kate and Vincent's romance. I figured early on that the romance was more the plot than the revenant storyline, so it didn't bother me that much. And, I LOVE that Paris was the backdrop for this story. Maybe I'm reading the wrong books, but Paris doesn't seem to come up that often in YA Fantasy and it ought to. A city built over what is essentially a mass grave? It SCREAMS fantasy setting. Paris was used very well.

And, if I'm being really honest about it, the perfect French accents in the audiobook may have been what made me love it. ( )
  Morteana | Aug 10, 2017 |
Great book :) I loved it! ( )
  Wasabiishot | May 9, 2017 |

In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

In this incandescent debut, newcomer Amy Plum has created a powerful paranormal mythology with immortal revenants. The Paris setting comes enchantingly alive as a relentless struggle between good and evil takes place in its streets. Rich with romance, atmosphere, and thrills, Die for Me will leave readers breathlessly awaiting its sequel.

After their parents are killed in a car accident, sixteen-year-old Kate Mercier and her older sister Georgia, each grieving in her own way, move to Paris to live with their grandparents and Kate finds herself powerfully drawn to the handsome but elusive Vincent who seems to harbor a mysterious and dangerous secret.… (more)

Amy Plum is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,497,844 books! | Top bar: Always visible