Die for Me by Amy Plum

Die for Me (edition 2012)

by Amy Plum

Member:brigneti
Title:Die for Me
Authors:Amy Plum
Info:New York : HarperTeen, c2012. ebook edition with Bonus Material
Collections:Your library, To read, ebook
Tags:bonus material

Die for Me by Amy Plum

The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller (megtall)
    megtall: Immortality combined with romance...you can't go wrong.

Slow yo get into honestly. Kept at it and surprised myself by enjoying it ( )
  abigail33 | Oct 15, 2014 |
This was a really interesting book. I never thought I would enjoy a book about zombies (or revenants if you want to be specific). Vincent and his "family" were by far the best parts of the book. Each of them had a unique personality that was fun to read.

Plum has such a unique way of writing that really intrigued me. I really enjoyed her prose and dialogue. ( )
  forsakenfates | Aug 25, 2014 |
Just kind of fell into this one after reading the sample, since it was so much better written than the last two I read. It's a romance, no doubt about it, but it's not irritating in its cheesiness. And it's totally clean.

I rolled my eyes at the premise a little, early on, but I got over it once things started moving.

More on this and other reviews on fefferbooks.com. ( )
  fefferbooks | May 12, 2014 |
A clever, intriguing variation on the immortals theme. Kate is a well-rounded character on her own. When she meets Vincent, a unique immortal, a whole new world is revealed to her. This could make a terrific series. ( )
  Bonnie_Ferrante | Apr 14, 2014 |
I thoroughly enjoyed Die For Me. I felt the Paris setting was exceptionally written, providing a romantic and beautiful background for this original story. From the small cafe where Kate would read to the Pont des Arts, the Parisian scenery was used effectively to enhance the romantic tone. Most paranormal novels could take place almost anywhere, but this story could only have taken place in Paris. The way the scenery was written was one of my favorite aspects of this book.

I enjoyed the characters too. They were rich in charisma, engaging, and each had their own distinctive personalities. Jules was the teasing and flirtatious bad boy, Charlotte, the sweet BFF, and her brother Charles, the moody teenager, and a few more Revenants were very entertaining in their interactions with one another.

I was surprised to find the main character, Kate, was not a badass heroine nor was she a weak and whiny damsel. She was an average teen dealing with the loss of her parents who enjoyed losing herself in books, museums, and art. Very relatable and, well, normal. Vincent, too, was not over the top "alpha", he seemed very mature, perceptive, and sincere. The one drawback to Vincent's character is that he did have some extreme stalkerish tendencies. I don't know why authors do that, it is creepy, not romantic!

Anyway..other than that, I enjoyed their relationship. There was, of course, the instant chemistry, but from there, the romance grew between them at a believable pace and there was no declarations of undying love. It was nice. They were both very open and honest with each other about their feelings, there wasn't a lot of posturing or whining. It was absolutely refreshing.

I really felt like the Revenants themselves were a wholly original and interesting concept. I was fascinated by the bits and pieces of the Revenant mythology, I wish the author would have explored that further. The fact that they were driven by compulsion to save the lives of random strangers at the cost of their own lives was utterly intriguing. I hated that they kept referring to themselves as zombies. I felt like I was more committed to the revenant idea than the author herself. I really hope that is one of the kinks that gets worked out as the series continues.

The plot itself was fairly simple, almost formulaic; bad guys vs. good guys. There wasn't a lot of action, but that was okay. I was definitely held captive by the writing and the interaction between the characters. The plot's resolution, I thought, was tied up a bit loosely, leaving me with many questions I'm sure will be addressed in later books. There was a bit of a Twilight feel to a lot of it. The Revenant family all living together, the obsessive stalking thing, the conflict between the good revenants and the bad revenants which was kind of a "this town ain't big enough for the both of us" type of thing. There were definitely some flaws, but none that were serious enough, for me, that it took away from my enjoyment of the story. I think that this was a wonderful debut from an author I am excited to see more from!
  a.happy.booker | Mar 14, 2014 |

In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

In this incandescent debut, newcomer Amy Plum has created a powerful paranormal mythology with immortal revenants. The Paris setting comes enchantingly alive as a relentless struggle between good and evil takes place in its streets. Rich with romance, atmosphere, and thrills, Die for Me will leave readers breathlessly awaiting its sequel.

After their parents are killed in a car accident, sixteen-year-old Kate Mercier and her older sister Georgia, each grieving in her own way, move to Paris to live with their grandparents and Kate finds herself powerfully drawn to the handsome but elusive Vincent who seems to harbor a mysterious and dangerous secret.… (more)

Amy Plum is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,042,434 books! | Top bar: Always visible