Die for Me by Amy Plum

Die for Me (edition 2012)

by Amy Plum

Member:brigneti
Title:Die for Me
Authors:Amy Plum
Info:New York : HarperTeen, c2012. ebook edition with Bonus Material
Collections:Your library, To read, ebook
Tags:bonus material

Die for Me by Amy Plum

The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller (megtall)
    megtall: Immortality combined with romance...you can't go wrong.

English (109)  German (1)  All languages (110)
[Monday, October 17, 2011] I just finished the book and I can't wait for book two. I've read great books lately and this is really one of them. I enjoyed the feeling of Paris, adventure, good food and love.

Kate and Vincent are so cute together and I have to say I just loved Jules. Charlotte love to Ambrose promises great addition to the upcoming sequel.

I learned so much about Paris just by reading the book. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

I learned so much about Paris just by reading the book. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
I was actually surprised how much I enjoyed this book. I'm a bit older and while I read what I want, I do find most YA books pretty tedious these days. This book was well-written, the characters relatable, and the world was well built and the descriptions of Paris were beautiful. I am picking up book 2 ASAP! ( )
  uhohxkate | Jan 31, 2016 |
So this is one genre of supernatural beings that I haven't read much about. One of the interesting things about the plot is the heroine comes to terms with the losses of death by falling in love with someone who is so intimately involved with death. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Dec 22, 2015 |
Dear Everyone: Buy this book! Or at least get it from the library and read it!! Sincerely, Me.

Die for Me is one of those books you find yourself wanting to find people simply so you can recommend it to them, holing it up to your friends and saying, "Read this!"

After Kate and Georgia's parents are killed in a car accident they make the fateful decisions to leave New York behind and live with their paternal grandparents in a city they've visited every summer, Paris.

While Georgia, the older sister, is ready to get out and live, Kate needs some coaxing to even leave the apartment.

When she finally does, chance encounters lead her to meet Vincent. Vincent Delacroix is handsome, charming--and everything else a teenage girl could ever dream of wanting in a boy. Kate knows she could easily fall for Vincent if she only gave herself the chance.

But Vincent also brings danger with him. Not exactly human, Vincent also has some secrets he'll have to share with Kate . . . and some enemies.

Is Kate willing to put herself and what's left of her family in danger to take a chance at true love?

Die for Me is unlike any other paranormal I've read--or read about. Those who liked Twilight by Stephenie Meyer or Dead Beautifulby Yvonne Woon should love it--those who didn't like either of those books should love it.

It's almost impossible to read Die for Me and believe that it's author Amy Plum is a debut author and hasn't written other (published) things to get to this level of storytelling. While other paranormal tales run the risk of having no story for readers to connect with or enjoy if the supernatural element were to be removed, that's not true here. Plum developed such great chemistry between not only her romantic lead but also the side characters and a connection between the familial characters that, (though you can't separate the story like that) you can see them carrying a story on their own.

Each of the characters has their own unique personality and traits with each doing things that, while possibly seeming trivial at the time, come back to play a part in the book's plot later. The plot is complex without always seeming so. (A definite good thing.)

The paranormal sort of mythos that Amy Plum created here is really pretty amazing. The detail she gave it really draws you in and connects the reader with all of the characters-and their stories. (If there were any holes in the logic, I certainly didn't find them.) I am absolutely thrilled this is going to be a series because I cannot wait to read more about these characters and hopefully their relationships with each other. (I want to know what Jules' thing 'is about' and more with Charlotte, mostly Jules though ;) ... and no more almost spoilerness.)

One last thing: Die for Me is perfectly set in Paris and Paris is the perfect setting for Die for Me. This book truly could not have taken place anywhere else. Paris absolutely sets the scene for everything. It sets the mood and give off a feeling for the reader. The things we learn about daily life in Paris are just cream for the delicious French pastry.

(Not to mention, I think I'll forever read revenants with a French accent.)

10/10

biggest of big thank yous to Harper for my review copy!!!
  BookSpot | May 18, 2015 |

In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

In this incandescent debut, newcomer Amy Plum has created a powerful paranormal mythology with immortal revenants. The Paris setting comes enchantingly alive as a relentless struggle between good and evil takes place in its streets. Rich with romance, atmosphere, and thrills, Die for Me will leave readers breathlessly awaiting its sequel.

After their parents are killed in a car accident, sixteen-year-old Kate Mercier and her older sister Georgia, each grieving in her own way, move to Paris to live with their grandparents and Kate finds herself powerfully drawn to the handsome but elusive Vincent who seems to harbor a mysterious and dangerous secret.… (more)

Amy Plum is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,252,333 books! | Top bar: Always visible