Die for Me by Amy Plum

Die for Me (edition 2012)

by Amy Plum

Member:brigneti
Title:Die for Me
Authors:Amy Plum
Info:New York : HarperTeen, c2012. ebook edition with Bonus Material
Collections:Your library, To read, ebook
Tags:bonus material

Die for Me by Amy Plum

The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller (megtall)
    megtall: Immortality combined with romance...you can't go wrong.

I was really looking forward to this read & was surprised to find I didn't like it quite as much as expected. Having thought a lot about it, there is really just one aspect that brought the rating down for me. I thoroughly enjoyed Amy Plum's writing and character & plot development. This story is set in Paris, a city that I absolutely adore, so it was fun to revisit in the novel. Die For Me has a unique premise and I will be reading the sequel. The one thing I didn't care for was the "instant" love between the two main characters of the book. Sometimes when you see "instant" love, it is later explained as to how that love is not really so "instant" after all. That was not the case here. The main guy falls madly, hopelessly in love with the main girl with no real explanation. Certainly not because of getting to know her. There is a small explanation given as to why he would be attracted to her after a certain event takes place, but to me at least that didn't explain his head over heels falling for her. And it bugged me. Thus the 3 star rating. However, I still recommend this book for the various reasons listed previously, and am looking forward to checking out the sequel soon. ( )
  Kelly_Mills | Dec 12, 2014 |
Slow yo get into honestly. Kept at it and surprised myself by enjoying it ( )
  abigail33 | Oct 15, 2014 |
This was a really interesting book. I never thought I would enjoy a book about zombies (or revenants if you want to be specific). Vincent and his "family" were by far the best parts of the book. Each of them had a unique personality that was fun to read.

Plum has such a unique way of writing that really intrigued me. I really enjoyed her prose and dialogue. ( )
  forsakenfates | Aug 25, 2014 |
Just kind of fell into this one after reading the sample, since it was so much better written than the last two I read. It's a romance, no doubt about it, but it's not irritating in its cheesiness. And it's totally clean.

I rolled my eyes at the premise a little, early on, but I got over it once things started moving.

More on this and other reviews on fefferbooks.com. ( )
  fefferbooks | May 12, 2014 |
A clever, intriguing variation on the immortals theme. Kate is a well-rounded character on her own. When she meets Vincent, a unique immortal, a whole new world is revealed to her. This could make a terrific series. ( )
  Bonnie_Ferrante | Apr 14, 2014 |

In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

In this incandescent debut, newcomer Amy Plum has created a powerful paranormal mythology with immortal revenants. The Paris setting comes enchantingly alive as a relentless struggle between good and evil takes place in its streets. Rich with romance, atmosphere, and thrills, Die for Me will leave readers breathlessly awaiting its sequel.

After their parents are killed in a car accident, sixteen-year-old Kate Mercier and her older sister Georgia, each grieving in her own way, move to Paris to live with their grandparents and Kate finds herself powerfully drawn to the handsome but elusive Vincent who seems to harbor a mysterious and dangerous secret.… (more)

Amy Plum is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,377,350 books! | Top bar: Always visible