Fear: 13 Stories of Suspense and Horror by…

Fear: 13 Stories of Suspense and Horror

by R. L. Stine (Editor)

Other authors: Jennifer Allison (Contributor), Heather Brewer (Contributor), Ryan Brown (Contributor), Meg Cabot (Contributor), Alane Ferguson (Contributor)7 more, Heather Graham (Contributor), Peg Kehret (Contributor), Tim Maleeny (Contributor), James Rollins (Contributor), Walter Sorrells (Contributor), Suzanne Weyn (Contributor), F. Paul Wilson (Contributor)

fun & cute collection of stories for teens ( )
  bohemiangirl35 | Jan 15, 2013 |
An entertaining, fun collection of stories. Monsters, ghosts and ghouly babies. A lot of fun. ( )
  blockbuster1994 | Mar 26, 2012 |
I think that this could be the best book that i have read this year even though this year has just started. I like how they use different authors to tell 13 different horror stories. This book is called Fear 13 because it is meant to be scary. They take 13 of the best horror writers and they all put one of their stories into this book. I think that the best known is R.L. Stine, who is the author of the Goosebumps series. It is not very long and that is something that I like because that means that it doesn't take as long to finish even though there are so many stories inside it. I'm not sure if there are that many people that have read this book but if there are any people that like the authors of this book or this kind of genre then I think that they should read it. I really thought that it was a great book.

This book has different stories that have different elements put into each one. Each story has things that are not in the last or the next book. One of the stories tells about a Werewolf that eats the girls that he goes out with for one night but in the end he gets a very big surprise. Another is about a planet that rich people can go to live on so they can get away from Earth and the drama there. Then when there start to be more people there they just start to disappear over night. In another story, there is a prank that is flipped around many times, but in the end something happens that they didn't expect. There is another with aliens on a train that was pretty cool. Then there was one that I really liked about some kids that stop some people from dumping toxic waste. ( )
  Bobby3457 | Jan 13, 2012 |
This anthology is an awesome read for those who enjoy a little scare. I will talk about a few of my favorites:
Suckers by Suzanne Weyn: Set in the future, Phil and his famous parents move to a new planet to get away from it all. It's there he meets Etchenia, a beautiful girl who warns him not to go out at night...or really at all.
What will happen if he does? And why does he need to, what lurks out there?
Such an awesome short story, at the end my mouth dropped. You will never imagine what happens, it will keep you guessing until the very last sentence. More sci-fi than horror, but worth the read!
The Perfects by Jennifer Allison: Hannah's and her parents move to a new town, and Hannah babysits her new neighbors two kids. Or is it...three? Where is the noises coming from? Hannah attempts to investigate and finds she probably shouldn't have.
A creepy, eerie babysitting story with a twist. You don't know what is happening and who is evil until the very end. Great story!
Jeepers Peepers by Ryan Brown: A girl goes to the swamp to babysit a blind boy. When she starts hearing noises outside, she realizes there is no escape. With no phone, no lights, and a boy who can't help her find her way, how will they run away?
My favorite story in the anthology, this one is creative and so creepy. And the end is even a humorous one, which I loved.
Each story has its own mystery, thrill, and horror to it. And even the ones without and worth reading. I enjoyed each of them and I think it was a great read for the Halloween season. ( )
  lesleykj84 | Nov 30, 2010 |
Ok, Goons and Ghouls… there is a new must have book for this Halloween Season….

Fear… 13 stories of suspense and horror presented by R. L. Stine. Fear offers 13 original stories by 13 authors such as Meg Cabot, Heather Brewer and more!

Filled with surprises, Fear takes the reader on a ride of twists, turns and all things that go bump in the night!

This book is a real page turner and great for young adults who love stories that keep them on the edge of their seat. Filled with suspense, mystery, and some cliffhangers that leave the ending to the imagination, Fear is like The Twilight Zone for kids. So watch out for the monster under the bed or shadows in the dark! There is something slightly creepy around every corner! ( )
  readersentertainment | Nov 10, 2010 |

Rollins, JamesContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sorrells, WalterContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Weyn, SuzanneContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wilson, F. PaulContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Turn the pages if you dare. . . .In this collection of thirteen fabulously chilling stories from thirteen true masters of suspense, including five New York Times bestsellers and a number of Edgar Award nominees, all edited by none other than R. L. Stine, nothing is what it seems. From cannibalistic children, to an unwitting date with a vampire, to a crush on a boy who just might be a werewolf, no scary stone is left unturned. A must-have for all fans of the genre!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:49 -0400)

A collection of thirteen horror stories.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,912,730 books! | Top bar: Always visible