Rage of Angels by Sidney Sheldon

Rage of Angels (1980)

by Sidney Sheldon

1,499224,940 (3.62)1 / 9

English (20)  All (1)  Italian (1)  All (22)
This is Sidney Sheldon we're talking about. His books need no reviews! ( )
  Swibells | Nov 28, 2017 |
Another excellent Sheldon novel; in Rage of Angels we follow the story of young idealistic lawyer Jennifer Parker who is starting out in her career and then receives a set back when she is tricked into delivering a threatening parcel to a witness in a mafia case. From here the story follows her building of a law practice, affair with a politician that leaves her pregnant and hurt laying the groundwork for her to be drawn into the murky world of the mafia.

It's quite a captivating story and the story line keeps your attention glued to the book as you wonder where events are heading. There's a few surprises and plenty to keep you turning page after page to follow Jennifer's story.

I'd say it's one of his best books. ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Jul 18, 2017 |
This book stands out as one of the top that pissed me off more than any other. The writer is talented but there were so many slap in the face moments from the plot that I can't even...I was depressed for days after reading this one. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
The story of Jennifer Parker, a successful lawyer who is loved by two men, one a politician, the other, a mafia don. Probably my favourite Sidney Sheldon. Like all of them a fast, easy read. ( )
  GeneHunter | Mar 13, 2016 |
So I apparently picked this up as a Kindle freebie in May 2010 -- since it was first published in 1980, I'm guessing it was maybe a 30-year anniversary celebration freebie or something. Not being very familiar with novels written shortly before I was born, I had no idea how old the book was.

On the whole, it's aged very well. It reads a lot like a combination of John Grisham's best legal thrillers with some Mario Puzo's Godfather thrown in. The storyline had several major twists, basically all of which succeeded in surprising me.

I even enjoyed the parts of the book that were a little dated -- references to national heroes whose names I didn't recognize piqued my curiosity, and a scene where the main character is trying to complete the "nearly impossible" task of winning a paternity suit made me chuckle. But the dated parts were fewer than you might think... the main character even turns to Lexis and Westlaw for her legal research, just like I do! ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |
it was awsome. i just found a new author that i love and i am on his thirrd book in the last month. i would suggest this book or even this author for that matter to anyone. he is a genius.
added by NIKKI17 | editSidney Sheldon, morris. nicole

". . . Tell us of the secret hosts of evil, O Cimon. . ."
"Their names may not be spake aloud
lest they profane mortal lips,
for they came out of unholy darknesses
and attacked the heavens,
but they were driven away by the rage of angels . . ."
--------from Dialogues of Chios
This book is dedicated with love
to Mary
The Eighth Wonder of the World
The hunters were closing in for the kill.

The story of a beautiful New York lawyer, who falls into a dangerous love triangle with two men--one a prominent politician, the other the head of the powerful Mofia family for whom she is counsel.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,755,806 books! | Top bar: Always visible