A Capital Holiday by Janet Dailey

A Capital Holiday (edition 2009)

by Janet Dailey

Member:BevM
Title:A Capital Holiday
Authors:Janet Dailey
Info:Zebra (2009), Edition: Reissue, Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Rating:**1/2
Tags:Christmas

A Capital Holiday by Janet Dailey
Jocelyn Wakefield's dad is the president an she is tired of all the body guards and never being able to go anywhere by herself.
Around the holidays she talks to her grandmother and they figure out there is an escape for her after all.
Grady Tucker writes about the area and she reads his column. She escapes under a disguise and his dog Molly runs into her and they share a cup of coffee when a stranger talks to them about Christmas.
She remembers seeing him at the White House Tour. After he leaves the dog gets tangled and trapping Grady causing him to fall and get injured.
The old man comes back and because Grady won't go to the doctors they go to his apartment and she helps take care of Grady while he's hurt. She had worked out a system with her grandmother in case she needed to alert her.
After she leaves the old man shows Grady in the newspaper just who she is and they plot so he can find her...
Now she has to figure out how to get back to the White House undetected!
Loved all the details of the location as I've yet to travel there.
  jbarr5 | Jul 12, 2013 |
Story about a President's daughter who wants to escape the White House and the media for just one day. She runs into Grady Tucker a journalist.
  DunnFunKat | Sep 17, 2007 |
I am very opposed to Janet Dailey, due to her plagiarism incident, however, this book still managed to snake its way into my collection; I suspect before I knew of the scandal surrounding the author. Had I not known that, I suspect I might have enjoyed the book more, however, it was certainly not a favorite. It seemed very cliche and forced to me. An easily forgettable read. ( )
  Wuzzlicious | Jun 10, 2006 |

"Life in the White House means never having a moment to yourself. As the President's daughter and official hostess, Jocelyn Wakefield longs to escape the media circus that surrounds her every move for just one day. Impossible? Not with a wig, some very different clothes, a secret tunnel, and a grandmother with a butler, both of whom are willing accomplices..."--Back cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,321,755 books! | Top bar: Always visible