Ghost Country by Patrick Lee

Ghost Country (edition 2010)

by Patrick Lee

Collections:Your library, SciFi and Fantasy
Rating:***
Tags:SciFi, Action/Adventure

Ghost Country by Patrick Lee

English (40)  French (1)  All (41)
Ghost Country picks up 2 years after The Breach and continues at the same level of excellence.

Tangent has discovered a new relic from the breach that gives a glimpse into a future where a catastrophe has taken place. When they approach the President for help they are attacked and Paige is kidnapped along with the relic, before being taken she manages to make a single phone call instructing her offsider to flee with the other relic and contact Travis Chase. From here it's a near non stop ride of both thrills and wonderment.

Really enjoyed the book and it certainly draws you in and keeps you captivated. ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Apr 11, 2017 |
I really enjoyed this book. I didn't realize there was one before so I will need to backtrack. But it is an interesting concept. It wouldn't surprise me if someone was crazy enough to come up with a plan to destroy the world. The time travel is also something I'm interested in. Are there really ways to go into the future and see what is happening. And if you do go into the future, if you change things in the present to try to change what you saw, will it really change the future? A fast paced book that pulls you into the story. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
Sure you can jump ahead in time ... but what are you going to do about what you find in the future? Plot twists, jumps forward and backward in time ... all add up to good fun. Be sure to read The Breach first or you'll be lost. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Dammit. I wish I had known there was a book before this one. The story/plot did stand alone, but it would have been better if I had known the background for the Breach where all the sci-fi components of the story come from. The characters do reflect on parts of the earlier story, and perhaps some of their motivations would make more sense if I had read that.

However... overall it is a nicely paced and relatively suspenseful/thoughtful action thriller. Yes, yes, it is touted as a sci-fi book but it is not, not really. There is some "alien" technology that allows the premise of the book to occur, but, other than that, everything is within the realm of current tech.

I really liked it, but, then again, I like action novels as much as sci-fi novels. If you picked this up expecting sci-fi, you might be disappointed. I will go read Breach now, and then the 3rd book in the series... it's really very engaging and decently written. ( )
  crazybatcow | Mar 16, 2016 |
Lots of action, but also in between a few things to think about.
Not much to add, read my review of the first book, sorry for that.
Will probably write a longer review of the third book [b:Deep Sky|12135086|Deep Sky (Travis Chase, #3)|Patrick Lee|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1328304576s/12135086.jpg|17104926].
Highly recommended, fast-page-turner. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
For Janet Reid.
I promise not to let on
that you're nice.
Oops.
Fifty seconds before the first shots hit the motorcade, Paige Campbell was thinking about the fall of Rome.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061584444, Mass Market Paperback)

For decades, inexplicable technology has passed into our world through the top secret anomaly called the Breach.

The latest device can punch a hole into the future . . .

What Paige Campbell saw when she opened a door into seventy years from now scared the hell out of her. She and her Tangent colleagues brought their terrible discovery to the President—and were met with a hail of automatic gunfire after leaving the White House. Only Paige survived.

Fearing a terrifying personal destiny revealed to him from the other side of the Breach, Travis Chase abandoned Tangent . . . and Paige Campbell. Now he must rescue her—because Paige knows tomorrow’s world is desolate and dead, a ghost country scattered with the bones of billions. And Doomsday will dawn in just four short months . . . unless they can find the answers buried in the ruins to come.

But once they cross the nightmare border into Ghost Country, they might never find their way back . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:53 -0400)

What Paige Campbell saw when she opened a door into seventy years from now scared the hell out of her. She and her Tangent colleagues brought their terrible discovery to the President - and were met with a hail of automatic gunfire after leaving the White House. Only Paige survived. Fearing a terrifying personal destiny revealed to him from the other side of the Breach, Travis Chase abandoned Tangent . . . and Paige Campbell. Now he must rescue her - because Paige knows tomorrow's world is desolate and dead, a ghost country scattered with the bones of billions. And Doomsday will dawn in just four short months . . . unless they can find the answers buried in the ruins to come. But once they cross the nightmare border into Ghost Country, they might never find their way back.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Patrick Lee's book Ghost Country was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,326,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible