Can We Save the Tiger? by Martin Jenkins

Can We Save the Tiger?

by Martin Jenkins, Vicky White (Illustrator)

This book discuses numerous endangered animals, facts about the animals and what can be done to possible save them.
  laurlou | Jun 10, 2014 |
Martin Jenkins informs us about animals that are extinct such as the dodo, marsupial wolf and the great auk. He also tells us about endangered and animals such as the tiger, Asian elephant and partula snail. Some animals such as the American bison, Antarctic fur seal, and white rhinoceros used to be endangered, but are now doing quite well. Finally, some animals such as the whooping crane and Bermuda petrel are no longer on the verge of extinction, but are still very rare. Jenkins describes how humans have both helped and hurt these animals. He also emphasizes how important it is to try to save them.
  teacher1267 | Mar 10, 2014 |
Many animals are in danger of disappearing altogether, joining countless other animals already extinct. Using the experiences of a few species as examples, Martin Jenkins looks at the paradox of beautiful, rare and highly prized creatures which are none the less often doomed by human behaviour. ( )
  storyLines | Jan 5, 2014 |
This is an amazing book about endangered animals. With gorgeous illustrations and pretty easy to read text written for kids. ( )
  lianaanishchenko | Dec 5, 2013 |
The book focuses on reasons why animals become endangered species. It masterfully introduces the reader to the endangered species,shows us how they struggle, and gives us the reasons why should we try to save them. ( )
  nataliaanishchenko | Dec 5, 2013 |

Martin Jenkinsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
White, VickyIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
For Nick, of course -M.J.
For Kes and Maggie -V.W.
The world's quite a big place, you know. But it's not that big, when you consider how much there is to squeeze into it.

The team behind the award-winning APE returns with an inspiring look at a range of endangered species sure to engage every child who loves animals.

Tigers are pretty special — and so are ground iguanas and partula snails and even white-rumped vultures. But these and many other animals are in danger of disappearing altogether, joining the dodo, the marsupial wolf, the great auk, and countless other animals we will never see again. Using the experiences of a few endangered species as examples, Martin Jenkins highlights the ways human behavior can either threaten or conserve the amazing animals that share our planet. Vicky White’s stunning portraits of rare creatures offer a glimpse of nature’s grace and beauty — and give us a powerful reason to preserve it.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:51:27 -0400)

The tiger is just one of thousands of animals -- including the ground iguana, the white-rumped vulture, and the partula snail -- currently in danger of becoming extinct, joining the dodo, the marsupial wolf, the great auk, and countless others we will never see again.… (more)

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,699,031 books! | Top bar: Always visible