9-11 by Noam Chomsky

9-11 (original 2001; edition 2002)

by Noam Chomsky

Info:Seven Stories Press (2002), Paperback
Collections:2002 reading, Read but unowned
Rating:*1/2
Tags:modern history, international politics

9-11 by Noam Chomsky (2001)

Recently added byjlar0che, mlovewell1981, De.Selby, EGruchow, private library, pleigh20, BrennaCooper, cjandersen, krishnaji, khaines
Legacy LibrariesLeslie Scalapino

Not classic Chomsky, but resounds with a truth we must face sooner or later: we have been responsible for a lot of unnecessary death. ( )
  dbsovereign | Jan 26, 2016 |
Useful to put the attacks in context, and hits at how we could have better responded, but it is in a question and answer format. This a format that always irritates me. It tends to feel disjointed and prevents a coherent analysis. ( )
  bke | Mar 30, 2014 |
Commentary. Interesting collection of interviews with Noam Chomsky following the September 11 terrorist attacks on the USA. I found it much more concise and readable than some of Chomsky's more academic efforts. ( )
  questbird | Oct 7, 2013 |
My first Chomsky read. A real eye opener to US & International politics. ( )
  chetankhullar | Aug 3, 2012 |
This book is a collection of hand selected and abridged interviews Noam Chomsky granted to numerous media outlets. These interviews occurred over a span of about one month after the September 11th attacks. The editor makes no attempt at explaining his exclusion of repetitive answers to keep the compendium unnecessarily redundant.

In regards to Mr. Chomsky, I did learn he has a more tempered idea about the 9-11 attacks than I perceived. While he will never provide the US government benefit of the doubt when it comes to "economic terrorism" from Vietnam to Nicaragua to al Shifa pharmaceutical plant, he does dispute a causal effect between bin Laden and the actions to the World Trade Center with "economic imperialism."

In short, while I don't agree with the linguist, I was surprised to learn more about his views. ( )
  HistReader | Mar 1, 2012 |

Chomsky, Noamprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Riera, ErnestTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ruggiero, GregEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Yli-Juonikas, JaakkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The fall of the Berlin Wall didn't claim any victims, but it did profoundly change the geopolitical scene.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 158322565X, Paperback)

En 11 de septiembre Noam Chomsky disecciona las causas de raíz de la catástrofe del 11 de septiembre, sus precedentes históricos, y las posibles consecuencias mientras el mundo se mueve hacia la realidad de después del 11 de septiembre.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:36 -0400)

"A set of interviews conducted with Noam Chomsky by a variety of interviewers during the first month following the attacks of September 11, 2001, on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon."--Editor's note.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,886,990 books! | Top bar: Always visible