Invincible by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Book 2 of the Chronicles of Nick series... picks up right where the first one left off ( )
  TeamDewey | Apr 15, 2014 |
The second book in Kenyon's young adult series "The Chronicles of Nick" starts exactly where the first left off, with Nick suddenly noticing that his new boss, Kyrian, has elongated teeth. Is he a vampire? Something worse? If that wasn't enough to worry about, Nick finds out that there's a new principal, a new coach, his new powers unleashed but unschooled, and a rash of thefts at school for which he is the prime suspect as the poor scholarship student.

These books are the sort of fluffy fun I enjoy when life is hectic. Nick is fourteen and a smart-talking, sarcastic New Orleans native. The story is fantasy - involving demons, zombies, and the world of the Dark Hunters - but set in our world rather than a magical one. This is a quick read and funny and not too complicated, and essentially fit the bill for what I was in the mood for in the moment. ( )
  bell7 | Feb 23, 2014 |
Again pleasantly surprised. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this series, but it has turned out to be fun. I love the characters, and I find myself chuckling throughout the whole book. Most of the characters are extremely sarcastic, and I can relate. ( )
  Ahnya | Jan 25, 2014 |
Nick's learning and adventures into the supernatural world continue. The arrival of Coach Divas who singles Nick out as his lackey adds a new wrinkle to Nick's life as well.

Richly described scenes and characters fill the story. Characters from previous episodes continue to develop and grow while new characters are introduced who also develop.

The narrative has multiple focuses with the shorter resolving within this book and the overarching storyline continuing onward. Plenty of action is present throughout the book which adds to the intensity of the story. However, humor is interspersed enough to allow for greater enjoyment.

Overall, a fun read! ( )
  catya77 | Jan 22, 2014 |
Invincible by Sherilyn Kenyon (Chronicles of Nick Series book 2) ( )
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |

"Nick Gautier's day just keeps getting better and better. Yeah, he survived the zombie attacks, only to wake up and find himself enslaved to a world of shapeshifters and demons out to claim his soul. His new principal thinks he's even more of a hoodlum than the last one, his coach is trying to recruit him to do things he can't even mention, and the girl he's not seeing, but is, has secrets that terrify him. But more than that, he's being groomed by the darkest of powers and if he doesn't learn how to raise the dead by the end of the week, he will become one of them"--Dust jacket flap.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,709,486 books! | Top bar: Always visible