999 Tadpoles by Ken Kimura

999 Tadpoles (edition 2011)

by Ken Kimura, Yasunari Murakami

Title:999 Tadpoles
Authors:Ken Kimura
Other authors:Yasunari Murakami
Info:NorthSouth (2011), Hardcover, 40 pages

999 Tadpoles by Ken Kimura

English (10)  French (3)  Spanish (2)  All languages (15)
Cute. I like the design with all the white space, and the look of the tadpoles and frogs is charming. In a short but thrilling adventure the whole family most find somewhere to live that's a bit bigger.

Library copy ( )
  Kaethe | Oct 17, 2016 |
“We’ll have to move,” says Mother, after realizing the pond is too small. But moving a family of 999 young frogs is fraught with danger! Hungry snakes are crawling through the grass. Hungry hawks are flying through the sky. A young frog makes a mighty tasty morsel. Never underestimate the quick wits of 999 young frogs!
  wichitafriendsschool | Jul 4, 2016 |
I really, really liked this book! It satisfied my imagination and had a bit of thrill involved. The illustrations of the frogs were cute and simple. I liked the shots that were drawn to look far away, with the frogs as tiny green dots hanging in a swirled line from a hawk in the air. The ending was happy and their scare with the hawk turned out to be a sort of short-cut to a bigger pond and blessing in disguise.
  knorthway | Mar 9, 2016 |
I was totally charmed by this! I loved the dry, dry text. ("'We have a situation here,' said Father.") I loved the round froggy eyes and the many, many jumpy froggy legs. Whimsical story with a just-right solution. Great for storytime! ( )
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
The kids will see the tadpoles become frogs, as well as, what prey on frogs. Once the frogs finally make it home, in an unconventional way, they are as happy as can be.
  bmmander | Dec 2, 2013 |

After the 999 tadpoles who live in a small pond outgrow their home, their mother tells them to follow their father in seach of a new pond, as they tag along even when their father is swooped up by a hungry hawk.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,703,519 books! | Top bar: Always visible