The Boy Who Changed the World by Andy…

The Boy Who Changed the World

by Andy Andrews

I'm always delighted to receive quality children's books from Thomas Nelson Publishers. Some of you may have read my earlier posts on many of Andy Andrews books. This time, I must say that Andy Andrews did it again. His latest book, "The Boy Who changed The World" is a brilliant story with a historical theme touching upon the lives of Nobel Laureate Norman Borlaug, Henry Wallace, George Washington Carver and Moses Carver. In this respect the older children can relate to the book very well and make a connection.

As it turns out, this particular book is based on The Butterfly Effect. And this is the part that I love, that excites me the most. Paying it forward is like the butterfly effect in showing how one person can have an effect on another. An interesting thing is that the vision and message of this inspiring book is totally about how kids matter and that the choices you make in the little, ordinary things that you do can become extra-ordinary in the bigger picture. I highly recommend this inspiring book and give it a top ***** stars! Read it and share it with all! I personally am pleased to have this one in my library for my grandchildren. ( )
  LadyD_Books | Nov 11, 2010 |
I really enjoyed reading, The Boy that Changed the World, with my children. The book flows very well from start to finish and leaves you feeling like you have just journeyed through history. It is a great resource for a Charlotte Mason type class where you can make history come alive!!! When the book parallels the boys' stories with the butterfly effect my children went wild!! They found it so interesting that one butterfly flapping its wings can make such a difference. This gave them a little bit of science in a history class!!! We homeschool and so it is great to have an opportunity to get a little history, a little reading, and a little science all wrapped up in one book!!!! Oh, and the artwork was lovely throughout the entire book!! All in all, I would recommend, The Boy that Changed the World, to anyone with kids or without!!! I, too, enjoyed learning about history through this children’s book!!! ( )
  thedomesticjock | Sep 8, 2010 |
  dvdbrumley | Sep 7, 2010 |
Andy Andrews has created a story that will resonate with young and old alike. It is a simple message that lets us know that what we do today, our actions will affect the future in some way. This story starts out with a young boy, Norman Borlaug playing in his cornfield. When he grows up he uses what he has learned to save two billion people. The story then goes backwards in time showing how people in his life and on back played an influential part in shaping their lives.
This book was fun, informative and beautifully illustrated. It’s message was so great that I decided to read it to my middle school students the first week of school. I am sure they will enjoy it. I will then pass it on to my grandson. ( )
  skstiles612 | Sep 7, 2010 |

Beginning with Norman Borlaug and going back to those who influenced him directly or indirectly, shows how one ordinary boy came to develop "super plants" that helped save billions of people from starvation.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,445,549 books! | Top bar: Always visible