The Boy Who Changed the World by Andy…

The Boy Who Changed the World

by Andy Andrews

Andy Andrews showed all his sensibility in this children's book. He starts talking about a boy playing hide and seek with his sisters in his father's cornfields. He took care not to knock down any cornstalks. His father reminded him that they were blessed to have all that corn while many people in the world do not have enough to eat. That triggered a reaction from Norman. He started thinking on different ways of making corn feed hungry people. He decided to change the world! An the story goes on, showing Norman growing and studying and finding people in his life giving him ideas on how to use everything he had studied and he created those special seeds that grew into super plants that fed the hungry people.
The author proceeds describing another three inter-related stories and he shows through example how a decision that we make can and will affect the life of others.
This is a very well written book, with superb illustration and it is an excellent gift to a young kid. The message is powerful and it deserves to be in any permanent library to be read to children and grand-children.
"It's odd, isn't it? Every time something happens, something else happens. That's called the butterfly effect." (Andy Andrews).
This book was written by Andy Andrews and it was published by Thomas Nelson in 2010 and they were kind enough to send me a copy for reviewing through their Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers Program.
If you want to read more reviews, feel free to go to http://booksandmoviesreviews.blogspot.com ( )
  rmattos | Jan 23, 2016 |
This book begins by talking about the "boy who changed the world." It tells the story of young Norman Borlaug who grew up to save two billion people from starvation. However, he couldn't have done this without Henry Wallace who got the idea to change seeds from George WAshington CArver, who may not have lived without the help and adoption by Moses Carver. Every decision ever made changes the world. ( )
  Miss_Annie_O | Feb 24, 2015 |
I'm always delighted to receive quality children's books from Thomas Nelson Publishers. Some of you may have read my earlier posts on many of Andy Andrews books. This time, I must say that Andy Andrews did it again. His latest book, "The Boy Who changed The World" is a brilliant story with a historical theme touching upon the lives of Nobel Laureate Norman Borlaug, Henry Wallace, George Washington Carver and Moses Carver. In this respect the older children can relate to the book very well and make a connection.

As it turns out, this particular book is based on The Butterfly Effect. And this is the part that I love, that excites me the most. Paying it forward is like the butterfly effect in showing how one person can have an effect on another. An interesting thing is that the vision and message of this inspiring book is totally about how kids matter and that the choices you make in the little, ordinary things that you do can become extra-ordinary in the bigger picture. I highly recommend this inspiring book and give it a top ***** stars! Read it and share it with all! I personally am pleased to have this one in my library for my grandchildren. ( )
  LadyD_Books | Nov 11, 2010 |
I really enjoyed reading, The Boy that Changed the World, with my children. The book flows very well from start to finish and leaves you feeling like you have just journeyed through history. It is a great resource for a Charlotte Mason type class where you can make history come alive!!! When the book parallels the boys' stories with the butterfly effect my children went wild!! They found it so interesting that one butterfly flapping its wings can make such a difference. This gave them a little bit of science in a history class!!! We homeschool and so it is great to have an opportunity to get a little history, a little reading, and a little science all wrapped up in one book!!!! Oh, and the artwork was lovely throughout the entire book!! All in all, I would recommend, The Boy that Changed the World, to anyone with kids or without!!! I, too, enjoyed learning about history through this children’s book!!! ( )
  thedomesticjock | Sep 8, 2010 |
  dvdbrumley | Sep 7, 2010 |

Beginning with Norman Borlaug and going back to those who influenced him directly or indirectly, shows how one ordinary boy came to develop "super plants" that helped save billions of people from starvation.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,161,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible