The Frog Prince by Elle Lothlorien

The Frog Prince (edition 2011)

by Elle Lothlorien

Rating:*****
Tags:romance, humor

The Frog Prince by Elle Lothlorien

My review:

It was good and funny, but also a bit over the top. Maybe this was what the author was aiming for. I enjoyed this book, but did not laugh as much as I was expecting.

Synopsis:

A handsome prince, gut-busting laughs, love, dirty ballroom dancing, pathetic commoners, sex factoids, Vienna palaces, cursing in German, random hilarity, little to no frogs. See why tens of thousands of readers have fallen in love with this Amazon bestseller! Because someday your prince will come...sort of. ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
I gave it to 11% to grab my attention but it didn't happen, my rule is 10%. I could not connect with the MC, her lines were just weird, her behavior was bizarre to me and had me wanting to skim along. The instant attraction and his reaction after the foot stabbing was unbelievable. This is not the book or author for me. Deleted and moving on ( )
  TheYodamom | Mar 4, 2016 |
I have to say that I thought this book was really cute. The social awkwardness that the Leigh had was pretty funny. Some of the things that she said made me laugh out loud. The way that Roman reacted to the things that Leigh was really funny.

All in all, the book was a quick, fun read. There was a pretty good story line with lots of interesting characters moving in and out of the story. I'm looking forward to other stories by this author. ( )
  DawnGenna | Jul 21, 2013 |
*My reviews are personal reflections of what I read and take notes of. It is in no way meant to dissuade a person from reading a book from authors who put a lot of work into their stories. I do not get paid for my reviews nor have I been asked to give my opinions concerning these books. This book was lent to me from the kindle library collection*

This and other reviews can be found in full on my blog (un)Conventional bookviews

Leigh Fromm is an American commoner, living in a trailer park, although she has a good job and a solid education. Her best friend Kat is her sidekick. Leigh is described as being clumsy and awkward in social situation, but she hardly ever seems that way when she is actually meeting new people or talking to them – or even being interviewed.

Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |
I don't have a place to review the author's article so since it refers to her own writing (this book) I think this is the place to comment on that article. I am not commenting on her as a person. She has the right to her opinions as do I.
According to the article, authors should always respond to negative reviews and tell people how they feel about how that person reviewed the author's book. Um, no, I think that violates the rights of a consumer to evaluate a product. It's a work of intellectual property, too, but it is a published document available to the public. The First Amendment guarantees my right to state an opinion. I understand that it is not nice for someone to make nasty comments about an author and yet how many people feel comfortable judging the authors whose politics you disagree with or who are hateful, people like Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Howard Stern. I don't like them and have no interest in reading their books. Why can't I have the same feelings about an indie author?

This is getting so tiring. I'm a big big reader. I'm a big big fan of new authors and small publishing houses. I've just read two really great self-published works and am about to buy the whole series of one (Among the Living, PsyCop 1). So this is not a vendetta against those who are desperate to make it. This is me insisting on respect for my opinions. I do not directly insult people in public, only comment on their behavior. I do not have a problem with someone's opinion, but they had better respect mine. I do not automatically discount the authors my friends are displeased with until I, too, read the whole story. There has been at least one author I have not had the same reaction to. But the article stating stating that an author needs to comment on negative reviews is actually detrimental because the backlash will hurt so much more as it has for one infamous author.

Read for yourself: http://www.digitalbookworld.com/2012/when-you-wish-upon-a-star-you-get-the-point...

maybedog | Apr 5, 2013 |

"It was his pheromones that did it. With one sniff, sex researcher Leigh Fromm recognizes that any offspring she might have with the mysterious stranger would have a better-than-average chance of surviving any number of impending pandemics. But when Leigh finds out that the handsome "someone" at her great aunt's wake is Prince Roman Habsburg von Lorraine of Austria, she suddenly doubts her instincts--not that she was intending to sleep with the guy. The royal house of Habsburg was once completely inbred, insanity and impotency among the highlights of their genetic pedigree. (The extreme "bulldog underbite" that plagued them wasn't called the Habsburg Jaw for nothing.) It doesn't matter that his family hasn't sat on a throne (other than the ones in their Toilette) since 1918, or that Austria is now a parliamentary democracy. Their lives couldn't be more different: Roman is routinely mobbed by paparazzi in Europe. Leigh is regularly mocked for having the social skills of a potted plant. Even if she suddenly developed grace, charm and a pedigree that would withstand the scrutiny of the press and his family, what exactly is she supposed to do with this would-have-been king of Austria who is in self-imposed exile in Denver, Colorado?"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Elle Lothlorien is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,509,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible