Cut and Run by Matt Hilton

Cut and Run

by Matt Hilton

After reading fantasy back to back, I needed a gritty thriller to balance the ledger. Enter Matt Hilton's Cut and Run.

Yes, Joe Hunter and friends are here to take on the bad-guys. This time someone has hired a professional killer to take out Joe's former strike team, their families, kill his friends and to frame Joe for their deaths. Pity Joe doesn't like threats, when most would run, Joe becomes the Hunter (yeah, bad pun, I know).

Matt serves up very consistent thrillers, always enjoyable. Also keep an eye out for Matt's recent short story compilation, featuring stories from he and Stephen Leather (another very consistent thriller author). ( )
  TysonAdams | Jun 20, 2017 |
Cut and Run by Matt Hilton
Joe Hunter series Book #4
4 stars

From The Book:
An assassin with Hunter’s face launches a terrifying murder spree intended to frame his adversary—forcing Hunter to run from the pursuing law and his vengeful adversary alike, with no one to turn to for help and nowhere to hide.

My Thoughts:
The story begins with a nice twist right off the bat...one that I have to admit that I fell for even though it was so "unjoe". Someone has taken a great deal of time and effort to frame Joe for the murders of several cops in Tampa. It seems that Joe has no where to go that this assassin can't find him. With the help of his best friend and a former CIA agent he begins the journey to save the sister of a victim he feels he has failed and to put his life back together.

The only thing that was a little offsetting was that I don't believe that the author has ever visited Tampa or Florida for that matter. Some of the things he used in his scenes just don't exist there. But that was something that didn't really effect the story at all. Cut and Run was a fun, brutal, fast paced thriller. If you like a book full of constant action then this series is for you. ( )
  Carol420 | Feb 9, 2017 |
Another very good outing for Joe Hunter in this book. I do enjoy the series, and the manics keep coming out of the woodwork, Joe certainly seems to attract them. A slight twist in this one as they try to implicate Joe in this one and they are looking to hurt (and kill) him and all those he cares about. As usual this is high octane stuff and keeps you having to draw deep for breath. This is a very enjoyable series and if you enjoy Jack Reacher, Mitch Rapp, John Puller, etc I think you would enjoy this relatively little known series. I look forward to my next adventure with Joe. ( )
  Andrew-theQM | Dec 31, 2016 |
Recently won this in a giveaway and looking forward to receiving and reviewing it as well :) Thank you again :)
  k.turner_iv | Jan 4, 2012 |

Ex-CIA and Special Ops, Joe Hunter made a lot of enemies during his covert career—but none worse than the powerful man he left for dead in South America. Now, seven years later, someone with Hunter’s face has embarked on a horrific killing spree in Florida. Suddenly, people closely connected to the former military operative-turned-problem solver are dying—and when two cops who stop him for questioning are taken out by a sniper’s bullets, Hunter finds himself on the run from the legitimate author-ities . . . and a killer’s vengeance.

With nowhere to hide except in the coldblooded mercenary world of wetwork specialists, Hunter knows he faces a blood storm unlike any he’s encountered before—one that will force him to confront the damning shadows of his past as he fights, tooth and nail, for survival . . . and payback.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:23 -0400)

When someone with his face embarks on a killing spree in Florida, ex-CIA and Special Ops operative Joe Hunter goes into hiding in the coldblooded mercenary world of wetwork specialists to find out who is trying to frame him for murder.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,049,084 books! | Top bar: Always visible