Switched by Amanda Hocking
    A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Anonymous user)
    Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (heatherlove)
    The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue (amz310783)
    My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking (CozyLover)
    CozyLover: If you liked the Trylle trilogy you're bound to like this one as well by the same author.
    The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver (bookczuk)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (Anonymous user)

English (260)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (263)
I cannot believe I never reviewed this when I first read it. I just recently did a reread, and read all 3 books in the series in about 72 hours. I adore this series and pretty much everything this author has ever written.

Switched is an interesting take on fantasy. AFter all, when you read about trolls, you usually get the picture of how they were described in Harry Potter; grotesque, ugly, huge creatures. Or the Billy Goat's Gruff concept, but these real trolls do not live under bridges and they look largely like you and I.

I had a little bit of trouble because there were some editing slips in this one, but the story was interesting enough for me to overlook them and keep reading. Those who know me realize how huge that is.

If you are a fan of young adult, fantasy or a fan of both then this series will have something for you. There is action, adventure, romance. It really is a must read. Plus, I got to interview the author last year and she just rocks. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |
Having read the description of this book I didn't know what to fully expect, but I certainly wasn't expecting what it turned out to be. And sure it was a little weird at first, but it was different and I liked it. Monarchy's are always interesting, especially when you have some characters who are sympathetic towards those they shouldn't be nice to and those who abide by social class protocol. There are also many different characters. Some who are pleasant, some you don't quite grasp, and those you hate. But they each play their part to create a rather different yet very interesting story. And that short story was quite intriguing as well. ( )
  JosP | Feb 10, 2015 |
I received this book from Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.

I am really shocked to read such negative reviews. I think sometimes people over analyze books. They are meant to entertain,to take you away from reality and that it definitely did. I found it very entertaining and well written. I look forward to reading the remaining books in the series. ( )
  Kathryn_Brown | Dec 1, 2014 |
Ok, so it is not Shakespeare. It was not even aimed at my age group. bBut it was very engaging, enjoyable and yes I could not put it down. Ended rather abruptly. ( )
  Urthwild | Nov 29, 2014 |
A few things made that day stand out more than any other: it was my sixth birthday, and my mother was wielding a knife.

When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy finds out her mother might've been telling the truth.
With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - and it's one she's not sure if she wants to be a part of.
Always different--
Never did she understand.
Can this stranger help?
(TheBooknerd)

When Wendy Everly was six years old her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her, and eleven years later Wendy learns that her mother was right and that she is actually a changeling troll, who, at the age of seventeen, must be returned to her rightful home.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Switched by Amanda Hocking was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,300,400 books! | Top bar: Always visible