Switched (Trylle) by Amanda Hocking

Switched (Trylle) (edition 2012)

by Amanda Hocking

Member:SpazzyDragon13
Title:Switched (Trylle)
Authors:Amanda Hocking
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 336 pages
Rating:***
Tags:switched, trylle, trolls, fantasy

Switched by Amanda Hocking

A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Anonymous user)
    Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (heatherlove)
    The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue (amz310783)
    My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking (CozyLover)
    CozyLover: If you liked the Trylle trilogy you're bound to like this one as well by the same author.
    Demon Trappers: Forsaken by Jana Oliver (bookczuk)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (Anonymous user)

English (275)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  Catalan (1)  English (278)
A little disappointed that it took so long to get good, but overall I still liked it. I definitely intend to read the rest of the series. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
I found this a blah. I liked the premise, but it seemed a bit contrived. ( )
  mmacd3814 | May 30, 2016 |
I couldn't help but believe that if I were put in her place I wouldn't have done anything any differently than she had, Wendy, that is. Wendy thought her life was normal, albeit her mother trying to kill her when she was six years old. She had a good life, even though she was a bit of an outsider, she had a loving aunt and doting, protective brother. Then her life changed, she found out there was a reason she was different. Even if that reason didn't seem plausible situations made it hard for her to deny the fact that she was a changeling, that her mother wasn't her mother, her brother wasn't her brother, and so on. So when situation pressed it she returned to her biological mother and the home in Forening where she goes through her own understanding moments, and annoying situations. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Really 3.5 stars
It is not often that I give half stars but in this case I will, I enjoyed Switched very much and read it very quickly, however I was not in love with it. The premise of the story is that a girl realizes that she was switched at birth and learns where she belongs is not where she thought. This is an older book, but I still don't want to give too much away - I thought going into this book it was going to be about Fairies.... it was note, I was pleasantly surprised though by how the author played the switch and the cast of characters.

The plot climax seemed a little rushed at the end of the book, but my real concerns were about Wendy, the main character. I feel like as she was learning who she was and how to live in this new 'world' she didn't ask enough questions, nor did she ask the questions that I think that she should have. I found it a little frustrating to read when I wanted answersto questions she was late to ask or didn't ask.

I think that this first book did have some good world building and I think if given the opportunity I would read the next installment but not right now...I liked the book but I was also more frustrated than pleased as I read most of it. The ending saved it from getting a lower rating, there is some romance and obviously, like I mentioned the real action happens then as well. ( )
  sszkutak | Apr 11, 2016 |
Switched is one of those books that you long to return to when you're not reading, one that is fun, entertaining, and perfect for escaping to.

However, this book has one major flaw: it is too much like Twilight. I tried to ignore the parallels and enjoy the book for its own story, but the similarities to Twilight were too obvious to ignore: Wendy, the female protagonist, is annoyingly clueless, she doesn't fit in the "normal" world, but everyone in the Trylle world is fascinated by her. And then there's Finn, the Edwardian guy who is perfect in every way—good looking, chivalrous, talented, strong—you get the picture. And of course these two characters fall madly and helplessly in love.

That being said, I still enjoyed the book and will probably read the next in the series. I have hope that the rest of the story will veer away from Twilight-esque influences. ( )
  AngelClaw | Feb 3, 2016 |
A few things made that day stand out more than any other: it was my sixth birthday, and my mother was wielding a knife.

When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy finds out her mother might've been telling the truth.
With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - and it's one she's not sure if she wants to be a part of.
Always different--
Never did she understand.
Can this stranger help?
(TheBooknerd)

When Wendy Everly was six years old her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her, and eleven years later Wendy learns that her mother was right and that she is actually a changeling troll, who, at the age of seventeen, must be returned to her rightful home.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Switched by Amanda Hocking was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,613,347 books! | Top bar: Always visible