Switched (Trylle) by Amanda Hocking

Switched (Trylle) (edition 2012)

by Amanda Hocking

Member:SpazzyDragon13
Title:Switched (Trylle)
Authors:Amanda Hocking
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 336 pages
Rating:***
Tags:switched, trylle, trolls, fantasy

Switched by Amanda Hocking

A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Anonymous user)
    Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (heatherlove)
    The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue (amz310783)
    My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking (CozyLover)
    CozyLover: If you liked the Trylle trilogy you're bound to like this one as well by the same author.
    The Demon Trappers: Forsaken by Jana Oliver (bookczuk)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (Anonymous user)

English (276)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  Catalan (1)  All (279)
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It took a little while but I did eventually get into it...I read the first part while I was in labor. That said, my baby is now 5 months old and it took me this long to finish. It was very quick moving in the second half, but I definitely had issue with how she wrote the last few pages after the main conflict had passed. They were just all telling and no show. It seemed not to fit with the earlier writing and it felt like she just wanted to hurry and finish without taking the time to write it properly. This was the gist: "I did this, and then was sad, and it lasted a while, and then i did this and then this and then this and then i was happy, and the end." WHAAAT kind of ending is that? ( )
  tundra | May 27, 2017 |
The Cover

4.5/5~I love the cover. The red with black, the red flowers the castle in the background. I even love the bottom half of her dress. I don't know what it is about the top half, it just doesn't do it for me.

The Book

Well, it wasn't horrible but it wasn't close the book, sigh, and slap the nearest thing to you good either. The characters are, well, like-able I guess. Some of them anyway. I'm not totally sure why I couldn't get into the book more than what I did. There was just something missing for me. Now, although the main character, Wendy was an okay main character, I have to say my Favorites were Tove and Rhys. Tove was the hero you would want to save your butt if you needed help. He would do what he needed to do without needing all the fan-fare..Just a simple Thank You would do. And Rhys was just funny and seemed to be just adorably cute if you were to see him in public. I don't want to give away too much about each character because that will tell too much about what roll each one plays. But for me, this book was just...Okay, it was cute..I'm glad I read it..but, I don't see myself going on to the next one in the series anytime soon...if at all...

obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |
this book was good, but the ending confused me, especially with the synopsis of the next book in the trilogy, they don't match up and the fact that they jumped from a dollar and change to 8 dollars in the time span that i read the first one, i guess i was just put off of the whole series *shrug* i'm glad this author made it big and got published by a good company that put her in barnes and noble, but i guess i think it's unfair to have books that have been on the dollar menu, so to speak, for a few years and then suddenly stick them up on a pedestal and say "Wow look at these books, that are exactly the same editing and plot wise as their cheaper counter parts, but now that we've stamped our big fat name on it its suddenly worth WAY MORE!" they had no hand in it and i guess they should have no right to increase the price...but thats my opinion, and i'm sure Amanda Hocking is thrilled to have more revenue coming in from books she already had and didn't have to work again on... I digress. It doesn't seem right, the end. ( )
  KendraFitz | Feb 27, 2017 |
The action in this book is phenomenal. I would recommend this for people who are into that stuff and also romance that builds realistically. ( )
  Shelby-Lamb-Author | Jan 17, 2017 |
A little disappointed that it took so long to get good, but overall I still liked it. I definitely intend to read the rest of the series. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
A few things made that day stand out more than any other: it was my sixth birthday, and my mother was wielding a knife.

When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy finds out her mother might've been telling the truth.
With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - and it's one she's not sure if she wants to be a part of.
Always different--
Never did she understand.
Can this stranger help?
(TheBooknerd)

When Wendy Everly was six years old her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her, and eleven years later Wendy learns that her mother was right and that she is actually a changeling troll, who, at the age of seventeen, must be returned to her rightful home.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Amanda Hocking's book Switched was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,509,952 books! | Top bar: Always visible