dismiss

Heads by Matthew Van Fleet

Heads (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Matthew Van Fleet, Matthew Van Fleet (Illustrator)

Tails that will dazzle and delight! Heads wooly, bump and hairy never has such a collection of animal heads been so much fun!
Member:AmCorKragujevac
Title:Heads
Authors:Matthew Van Fleet
Other authors:Matthew Van Fleet (Illustrator)
Info:Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books (2010), Hardcover, 18 pages
Tags:R19

Heads by Matthew Van Fleet (2010)

A fun book. Eight ingenious pull tabs, seven pettable textures, and an astonishing fold-out finale deliver interactive surprises on every page as a cast of irresistible critters use their heads to demonstrate opposites, actions, and more. ( )
  LynneQuan | Sep 26, 2017 |
Fun, fun, fun! Love it!! ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |
This is our go-to book. I'm certain that we read it daily. The moving parts, even though most of them have been torn out, are too cute. I love that the whole story rhymes. My favorite of his books - better than Tails and Alphabet.
  aevans1 | Nov 27, 2012 |
More Van Fleet goodness. I am a big fan of his clever book engineering that takes the touch-and-feel and lift-the-flap concepts to a whole new level. He is an artist with these books. The topic of this selection is explicitly given in the title, and the different spreads explore various features of the head: eyes, ears, nose, and so on. Each two page layout offers at least one great surprise, whether it is panels that slide out, flaps that reveal sparkly surprises underneath, or see-through screens that have fun effects when you pull the flap. My daughter's favorite is the sneezing elephant: you pull the flap, and the elephant's trunk raises, and underneath the clear screen a painted spray of water pops up. Clever. We like these fun books so much that I keep them in my library and the girls always have to read them with the parents, to preserve the many wonderful constructions that are so easily destroyed by curious fingers that don't know how hard to pull. We all think his books are a delight, and will continue to enjoy them in the future. ( )
  nmhale | Nov 18, 2011 |
This book was fun for me to read by myself as a grownup! The dynamic aspects of the book are really well chosen- no skimping on the fun textures or motions! Good rhymes work well with the moving parts. ( )
  amandafack | Apr 27, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,648,931 books! | Top bar: Always visible