Born at Midnight by Christie Craig

Born at Midnight

by Christie Craig

Whispers at Moonrise by Christie Craig (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: This will be out soon, its the 4th in the Shadow falls series. I can't wait to read it too. http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/
    Taken at Dusk by Christie Craig (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: This is the 3rd book in the Shadow Falls series.They all are amazing http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/
    Awake at Dawn by Christie Craig (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: This is book 2 of the shadow falls series, a must read. Also, check out Turned at Dark, its .03 of the series, its a short story of Della being turned. Its a free ebook at Amazon. http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/
    Embrace by Jessica Shirvington (becksdakex)

English (90)  German (1)  All languages (91)
Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

This book was amazing! A great story with terrific characters! I was with it from beginning to end! Such a delightful read. It was very well paced and never really lagged. Loads of intrigue abut never seemed like too much.

Kylie is a really genuine character that is easy to connect with. You really identify with her struggle to want to be normal and fit in, yet a yearning to be different and special. She is so engaging and not a typical angsty teen. Yeah!! A teen who faces drama without pitching a whinefest!

The world in this book is fantastically detailed and well developed. The supporting characters are fun and engaging, quirky loners who will steal your heart! There are some real laugh out loud moments with these teens!

She has many love interests and it is so hard top choose a favorite to route for. Sexy fae Derek, ex-boyfriend Trey, Werewolf Lucas...a gal could go into meltdown trying to pic a hottie!

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Katie Schorr. She does a fantastic job with all the characters voices. Each one is distinct and stays consistent. She reads at a great pace, I prefer a brisk speed and so do most of the teens I know. I love how she makes Kylie more engaging and dynamic with subtle changes in her tone and pitch.

I loved this book and am going to grab the next book as soon as I finish this review! Can not wait for what is next! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
To put it delicately? This was pure garbage.

The protagonist is whiny and annoying. The dialogue is unbelievably cheesy and lame. And the ideas of supernatural beings are just tired cliches.

There are better Y.A. novels out there. ( )
  Illise_Montoya | Sep 28, 2014 |
OMG! This book is Amazing... Very few books do to me what this book did.
It is just wonderful.
Full Review to come! ( )
  Courtney_Chance | Jun 19, 2014 |
Addicting. I do not believe it will be ever classified as "great" literature, but it certainly is charming and captivating. Good storyline; intriguing. ( )
  Dmtcer | Jun 3, 2014 |
Kylie is a rather refreshing paranormal romance lead. Normally, they are average girls who are boring but somehow attract the attention of super hot supernaturals. Kylie is different. She thinks she’s attractive, but refuses to put out and does not become giggly and bubbly to get a guys she attention. In fact, she is just honest, which I absolutely love! It is so rare to see a character in a YA book be so truthful.

Derek and Lucas, the two others in this love triangle are equally weighted, which again, I love! Normally, there is a real winner in the love triangles and it’s just painful to watch the other guy dangle. But here, both Derek and Lucas are fabulous contenders. I haven’t decided which I like more. Lucas has a past with Kylie which I find sweet, but Derek is so charming and comforting. Gah. I am glad I’m not Kylie.

Miranda and Dessa, Kylie’s cabinmates and best friends, are wonderful. Miranda is a witch and Dessa is a vampire. The two fight constantly and if not for Kylie they would probably kill each other. But the three of them make such a great little trio. They all really have each other’s back and it’s great.

As for the plot itself, there were times I found myself skimming the pages trying to get to the good stuff. All of it is “good”, but I felt like it took way too long to figure out the strange happenings. At the same time, I really liked the development of Kylie’s relationships with everyone and how open she became. And when it came to family drama, dear god, that poor girl. Overall, the plot was pretty good.

I am really ready to read the second one. I want to find out exactly what she is because it doesn’t say for certain. She’s just special and has a gift, but no mention yet of what it is exactly. Anyways, if you are wanting something exciting and relatively quick to read, I suggest you pick up this book for your YA paranormal fix. ( )
  Ashley_McElyea | Dec 15, 2013 |

Sixteen-year-old Kylie Galen thinks her misbehavior in the wake of her grandmother's death and her parents' separation are the reasons she has been sent to Shadow Falls Camp, but learns it is a training ground for vampires, werewolves, and other "freaky freaks," of which she may be one.… (more)

188 wanted2 pay1 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Born At Midnight by Christie Craig was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,194,192 books! | Top bar: Always visible