Born at Midnight by Christie Craig

Born at Midnight

by Christie Craig

Whispers at Moonrise by Christie Craig (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: This will be out soon, its the 4th in the Shadow falls series. I can't wait to read it too. http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/
    Taken at Dusk by Christie Craig (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: This is the 3rd book in the Shadow Falls series.They all are amazing http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/
    Awake at Dawn by Christie Craig (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: This is book 2 of the shadow falls series, a must read. Also, check out Turned at Dark, its .03 of the series, its a short story of Della being turned. Its a free ebook at Amazon. http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/
    Embrace by Jessica Shirvington (becksdakex)

English (94)  German (1)  All languages (95)
Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

This book was amazing! A great story with terrific characters! I was with it from beginning to end! Such a delightful read. It was very well paced and never really lagged. Loads of intrigue abut never seemed like too much.

Kylie is a really genuine character that is easy to connect with. You really identify with her struggle to want to be normal and fit in, yet a yearning to be different and special. She is so engaging and not a typical angsty teen. Yeah!! A teen who faces drama without pitching a whinefest!

The world in this book is fantastically detailed and well developed. The supporting characters are fun and engaging, quirky loners who will steal your heart! There are some real laugh out loud moments with these teens!

She has many love interests and it is so hard top choose a favorite to route for. Sexy fae Derek, ex-boyfriend Trey, Werewolf Lucas...a gal could go into meltdown trying to pic a hottie!

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Katie Schorr. She does a fantastic job with all the characters voices. Each one is distinct and stays consistent. She reads at a great pace, I prefer a brisk speed and so do most of the teens I know. I love how she makes Kylie more engaging and dynamic with subtle changes in her tone and pitch.

I loved this book and am going to grab the next book as soon as I finish this review! Can not wait for what is next! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
To put it delicately? This was pure garbage.

The protagonist is whiny and annoying. The dialogue is unbelievably cheesy and lame. And the ideas of supernatural beings are just tired cliches.

There are better Y.A. novels out there. ( )
  Illise_Montoya | Sep 28, 2014 |
Series note: I'm not a big fan of how the books run into each other. Although it's a good tactic to keep the series going, the first book felt like the stop had been forced. It got easier as they went along - either I got used to it or the technique improved. ( )
  Journeymouse | Sep 12, 2014 |
  Journeymouse | Sep 12, 2014 |
  Journeymouse | Sep 11, 2014 |

Sixteen-year-old Kylie Galen thinks her misbehavior in the wake of her grandmother's death and her parents' separation are the reasons she has been sent to Shadow Falls Camp, but learns it is a training ground for vampires, werewolves, and other "freaky freaks," of which she may be one.… (more)

188 wanted2 pay1 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Born At Midnight by Christie Craig was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,990,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible