Future Imperfect by K. Ryer Breese

Future Imperfect (edition 2011)

by K. Ryer Breese

Member:Bookswithbite
Title:Future Imperfect
Authors:K. Ryer Breese
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2011), Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:***

Future Imperfect by K. Ryer Breese

This book is a constant adrenaline rush. Fact is: I love it! :)

*won from Goodreads. ( )
  emily.s | May 6, 2013 |
This book is a constant adrenaline rush. Fact is: I love it! :) ( )
  emily.s | Apr 10, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Future Imperfect is a very unique idea told through a fresh narrator. The guy's voice was nailed in my opinion and his life was so bizarre that I just couldn't put the story down.
Even though it's fantasy/paranormal some of the stunts were too wild and I think that he would have ended up even more beaten up (or dead) rather than just getting a concussion.
I didn't really like the letters that were in the book, I would've appreciated it more if there were answers. I understand that it's another way to get across what he is pondering and trying to figure out.
I never expected the ending though, it really just blew me away.
I'd love to hear your thoughts if you've read this one.
  brandileigh2003 | Jul 4, 2011 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I tried really hard to continue the book because it was sort of interesting, but i couldn't 150 pages in. I just couldnt. Its still face down on my bed for finishing...but its been like that for 2 months. It seemed very unrealistic (i know its fiction but still). It didnt hook me on. i did like that he waited for this girl but then she seems like a slut. ugh idk, i just dont understand this plot hopping buuuut maybe because i didnt finish it. i just can't =/
does. not. grab. my. attention.
sorry =/ ( )
  primaaa | May 18, 2011 |
Find Full review at

Overall, I was satisfied with the way it all ended. I liked the way all the threads were finally pulled together, and final page had me laughing out loud. I think I will be picking up another book by K.Ryer Breese in the future. ( )
  dukesangel002 | Apr 21, 2011 |

When 17-year-old Ade Patience knocks himself unconscious, he can see the future.  However, he's also addicted to the high he gets when he breaks the laws of physics. And while he's seen things he's wanted to change, Ade knows The Rule: You can't change the future, no matter how hard you try.

His memory is failing, his grades are in a death spiral, and both Ade's best friend and his shrink are begging him to stop before he kills himself.  Luckily, the stunning Vauxhall Rodolfo recently transferred to his school and, just like Ade saw in a vision two years previously, they're destined to fall in love. It's just the motivation Ade needs to kick his habit. Only... things are a bit more complicated than that. Vauxhall has a powerful addiction of her own.  And after a vision in which Ade sees himself murdering someone, he realizes he must break the one rule he's been told he can't.

Ade and Vauxhall must overcome their addictions and embrace their love for each other in order to do the impossible: change the future.

Future Imperfect melds the excitement of a classic Marvel Comics hero with the modern romance of Twilight,and the result is a genre-bending Young Adult tour-de-force.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:37 -0400)

Seventeen-year-old Ade is addicted to the feeling he gets after knocking himself unconscious brings visions of the future, but when he meets Vauxhall, with whom he knows he will fall in love, he discovers that she also has an addiction and that together they may be able to do the impossible--change the future.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Future Imperfect by breeseryerk was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,098,215 books! | Top bar: Always visible