Arrr! (Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day)

Flowers in the Attic/Petals on the Wind…

Flowers in the Attic/Petals on the Wind (Dollanganger Series)

by V.C. Andrews

In a dark tale of mystery and secrets, the Dollanganger family lives together in a pit of lies. Flowers in the Attic by VC Andrews writes with many themes in the novel, such as trying to stay alive. The novel is full of twist and turns that will take you on one of the most shocking literary rides in your history of reading. This book is definitely something that should be considered in Mrs. Landgraf’s “Bagel’s and Books” because this book is not a hard read at all, but there are details in the book that make the book a mature read. Because of this, people who would be joining the club that Mrs. Landgraf offers should have a sense of maturity when getting started in reading the book. This book has many details and shocking features that can make this book a definite read for the club. Flowers in the Attic is not only adventurous, but mysterious in ways that I cannot explain without telling the book. Students who read this book could definitely enjoy the characters. This includes Cathy, a sweet girl with plenty of sass and determination to get things done and save herself from her tough situations. Also Christopher, who readers would admire because of his nerdy desires to become a doctor. Younger readers would admire Corey and Carrie because not only are they twins, but they are both sweet and innocent in dealing with the situations that they are being put through. In all, these characters are people to admire because they all stick together and try to survive what is happening to them. In essence, this book should be included for Mrs. Landgraf’s “Book’s and Bagels”. ( )
  RayanneBrode | Sep 27, 2012 |
So far, this book is very good. I can never put it down! The book is full of mystery and drama and it seems like you are part of the memory that is being told. ( )
  RayanneBrode | Sep 20, 2012 |
I read all these books, very interesting stories about brother and sister. The whole series was different, something that is so taboo!! ( )
  lyn369 | Sep 5, 2012 |
I don't even know what to say this book was so incredibly depressing to be honest, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. ( )
  turkeyz | Aug 27, 2012 |
I was and still am very confused by this book. I mean come on, 4 kids locked in an attic...I was intrigued by what motives their captors could possibly have and what the outcome was. Seriously though...390 pages of 4 kids in an attic, it got a bit old...fast.

Then, surprise! Part 2 is much better. I finally cared what was going to happen to these kids and felt like there was something worth reading about. There was danger and drama and a mouse named Mickey...how cute is that! the problem was that throughout the entire book I just kept going back and forth between needing to know how it ends, to make sure revenge is had and then being bored enough to want to give up and move on to my next book.

The end finally became more steady with the intensity and after reading the last page I quickly flipped a few pages to the second book in the series (the book I bought includes the first 2). The last chapter took on a kind of horror story feel (which I guess it kind of was but I didn't really feel it until then) and I really enjoyed that part. My biggest issue was part of the storyline. I read all kinds of books, true stories that have harsh details of all kinds, but I had a seriously hard time dealing with the way the relationship between Cindy and Chris played out Maybe it's because I wasn't expecting it, but I was surprised at how much it bothered me, especially since it was fiction. ( )
  msjessicamae | Oct 18, 2010 |

Contains "Flowers in the Attic" in which four children are locked into the attic of their grandmother's home after the death of their father, and "Petals on the Wind" in which Cathy discovers that she has the power to revenge those childhood years locked in an attic with her brothers and sister.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,701,595 books! | Top bar: Always visible