Ya-Yas in Bloom by Rebecca Wells

Ya-Yas in Bloom

by Rebecca Wells

I was SOOOoo disappointed in this book. It lacks any of the power of the earlier books. The Characters are mostly all here, but the book just lacks focus. NOT recommended for anyone. If I could give it ZERO stars, I would. ( )
  BookConcierge | Jan 29, 2016 |
Vivi and the Ya-Ya's are at it again, being in the center of attention again. This time it we see in the lives of other people in their crazy life. Baylor, Vivi and Big Sheps youngest son is the main person in this one, where Siddalee was the focus in the Divine Secrets.

I liked the book, didn't love it but liked it. It was good to see the interactions between the Petites and the Ya-Ya's as well as how the Tres Petites are now becoming the best of friends especially Lee-Lee, named after her godmother Sidda, and Roselyn, the granddaughter of Niece.

Now that I am done with this series its time to move on and finish another one, a goal in my life lol, finish the series' I've started. ( )
  alwelker | Jan 25, 2016 |

alwelker | Jan 25, 2016 |
Not as good as Divine Secrets, but better than Little Altars. Quite honestly, I don't remember a whole lot about it and I've read it much more recently than the other two. ( )
  JG_IntrovertedReader | Apr 3, 2013 |
My overall feeling for this book was disappointment. Despite the fact that this was the abridged version to begin with, even this 5-CD set was too long for me. I just wanted it to be done so that I could move on to something else. I'm not sure how to pinpoint why this book failed me so. It may have been the fact that it had been so long since I'd read the other Ya-Ya books & I just couldn't remember enough to relate this one to the previous reads. It may have been the fact that this one was written as a series of vignettes in an almost random order, giving this book a disjointed feel. And because of that, I never felt like the book ended up going anywhere. Or maybe I've simply outgrown the Ya-Ya's and have moved on to prefer other types of literature. Whatever the case, this one just didn't do it for me. ( )
  indygo88 | Jan 3, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060195347, Hardcover)

For readers everywhere who are ga-ga for the Ya-Yas and clamoring for more and for those who are lucky enough to be discovering the Ya-Yas for the first time, comes a new book about the incomparable Sisterhood, bursting with life and funnier than ever....

An emotionally charged addition to Rebecca Wells' award-winning bestseller Little Altars Everywhere and #1 New York Times bestseller Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, YA-YAS IN BLOOM reveals the roots of the Ya-Yas' friendship in the 1930s and roars with all the raw power of Vivi Abbott Walker's 1962 T-Bird through sixty years of marriage, child-raising, and hair-raising family secrets.

When four-year-old Teensy Whitman prisses one time too many and stuffs a big old pecan up her nose, she sets off the chain of events that lead Vivi, Teensy, Caro, and Necie to become true sister-friends. Told in alternating voices of Vivi and the Petite Ya-Yas, Siddalee and Baylor Walker, as well as other denizens of Thornton, Louisiana, YA-YAS IN BLOOM show us the Ya-Yas in love and at war with convention. Through crises of faith and hilarious lapses of parenting skills, brushes with alcoholism and glimpses of the dark reality of racial bigotry, the Ya-Ya values of unconditional loyalty, high style, and Cajun sass shine through. Necies wise credo, "Just think pretty pink and blue thoughts," helps too...

But in the Ya-Yas' inimitable way, these four remarkable women also teach their children about the Mysteries: the wonder of snow in the deep South, the possibility that humans are made of stars, and the belief that miracles do happen. And they need a miracle when old grudges and wounded psyches lead to a heartbreaking crime...and the dynamic web of sisterhood is the only safety net strong enough to hold families together and endure.

After two bestsellers and a blockbuster movie, the Ya-Yas have become part of American culture -- icons for the power of women's friendship. YA-YAS IN BLOOM continues the saga, giving us more Ya-Ya lore, spun out in the rich patois of the Louisiana bayou country and brim full of the Ya-Ya message to embrace life and each other with joy.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:47 -0400)

YA-YAS in Bloom reveals the roots of the Ya-Yas' friendship in the 1930s and roars with all the raw power of Vivi Abbott Walker's 1962 T-Bird through sixty years of marriage, child-raising, and hair-raising family secrets.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,187,139 books! | Top bar: Always visible