Finding Sky by Joss Stirling

Finding Sky (original 2010; edition 2011)

by Joss Stirling

Member:Carla1410
Title:Finding Sky
Authors:Joss Stirling
Info:Oxford University Press (2011), Paperback

Finding Sky by Joss Stirling (2010)

Recently added bykayfray, Kou_doT, private library, the.bookstack, stephanie.dicesare.7, Courtney_Chance

To read a proper review for Finding Sky as well as other reviews, go to my blog; Drugs Called Books!

So, I loved this book. Zed and Sky are so cute together! He is simply adorable! It was funny and the romance was just so cute!! Definitely a good read.
I do have some complaints, though.
It had what I call a "weak beginning". It wasn't that it wasn't interesting, it just didn't manage to grab me and I found myself wondering from the story, often having to read one paragraph twice. After she met Zed things picked up a bit and near the end they were simply great.
I had a hard time getting used to Sky's speech at the beginning. As part of her traits, she uses a lot of metaphors and the whole making things into stories. There were some beautifully written stuff, but I had to get used to the way her brain worked. It's not really a complaint, because that just who Sky is and later on, when Zed grounded her, we got much less of those.
I also didn't like that at first she kept calling them Gods and Mortals. I don't know why, but the once or twice she did that didn't rub well with me.
I did love Sky's personality, and I loved Zed. He was just the best I do think they make an incredible couple.
Now, some technical annoyance; the summary, at least the one here on Goodreads, revealed too much of the story. I would've liked to have been more surprised :/ ( )
  Nitzan_Schwarz | Sep 25, 2013 |
¡Oh My God! ( )
  Anngela_ | Aug 31, 2013 |
There is going to be a funeral for my poor brain cells soon. Review to come. ( )
  shayanasha | Apr 5, 2013 |
Nice, very addictive, and very well stolen from Twilight. I liked Sky better. ( )
  emhromp2 | Jul 14, 2012 |
This is a teen read which my daughter got, and I ended up reading it, I enjoyed the differences in the UK/US characters, was a cute story, nd a quick read ( )
  dools46 | Feb 5, 2011 |
For Lucy and Emily

When Sky catches a glimpse of Zed for the first time, she is instantly drawn to him. Zed tells her they are both Savants-people with special powers like telepathy and the ability to see into the Future, and she is his soulfinder. When Sky comes round to the idea of being with Zed, she is kidnapped by a family of criminal Savants.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,260,460 books! | Top bar: Always visible