The Guy Next Door [Anthology 3-in-1] by Lori…
Recently added byjkgrage, private library, gilbertdean88, Hollie1122, Bugetta, etherai, Irena., cynthiadogmom

I only read the Foster and Donovan entries in this collection. I'm putting the Dahl on hold for now.

Ready, Set, Jett by Lori Foster

Jett and his sexy neighbor Natalie have been having a no-strings-attached fling for months. Jett is ready to take it to the next level (much to his surprise) but Natalie shows no signs of feeling the same. So he does what any rational man would do when he finds himself falling in love with the woman who wants nothing more than sex from him - he ties her to the bed and forces here to talk to him. Then he invites himself on her spring break vacation.

This was a cute, sexy story laced with humor and depth. I really enjoyed both main characters, as well as their canine companion. That Jett was so confused over Natalie's lack of commitment was hilarious. I like that Natalie didn't dismiss out of hand Jett's offer to deepen their connection, even though she had baggage.

I do think a lot of their issues could have been cleared up with some good old fashioned communication, but I'm not going to hold that against them.

Gail's Gone Wild by Susan Donovan

When Gail's teenage daughter says she and her friend want to go to Key West for Spring Break, Gail says no-way, no-how. But after some consideration, she decides she needs a vacation and agrees they can go as long as she can go as chaperone. She plans to laze by the pool and visit some historical landmarks..until she meets their sexy new neighbor, Jesse. Then she decides it would be more fun to let her inner wild-child out and have a real Spring Break vacation. What's supposed to be a short fling turns into more as she gets to know Jesse. Only Jesse is keeping a big secret from Gail, one that could potentially ruin her trust in him for good.

This was another sexy read. I really enjoyed the budding romance between Jesse and Gail. They definitely had chemistry, but I liked that a lot of the story was dedicated to them getting to know one another. I do think the parts with Gail's daughter could have been a little more fleshed out. They were all about hitting the party scene hard, but nothing was ever said about it. Two teenage girls basically left to their own devices in Key West during spring break? I fully expected shenanigans.

Still, I appreciated Donovan's no-nonsense approach with Gail and her romance to let it go. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Ready, Set, Jett 5 mai til 6 mai. 4 stjerner

Gail's Gone Wild lest 13 mai 2013? 4 stjerner ( )
  Aelianna | Jun 5, 2013 |
Read the Lori Foster story. I have noticed there's a definite formula to her books at the moment. Different from the formula she has used in the past. ( )
  lesmel | May 16, 2013 |
This book would have carried Four Stars for Victoria Dahl's "Just One Taste" alone, but it helped that I also really enjoyed Lori Foster's "Ready, Set, Jett." Unfortunately, Dahl's story is just as advertised, a red-hot taste of a happily-ever-after yet to come, leaving me just about frantic for the Donovan series to hit the shelves. She is one author that just can't publish fast enough, luckily her books are so good I enjoy reading them over and over while I wait for more. With my introduction from this anthology, I'll also hunt down Lori Foster's back catalog to keep me occupied until Dahl's next full length comes out. Can't wait!

Re-read #2 (4/11/12): Back for Beth and Eric, I can't re-read REAL MEN WILL without starting here. Beth's hang ups seem less believable than Eric's (nothing like a name misunderstanding spun out of control to keep things interesting), but the chemistry is unbeatable. ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |
Loved the Donovan Brothers prequel--"Just One Taste"--definitely gave me a "taste" for the series--dying to get to it! Lori Foster's "Ready, Set, Jett" was a fun read. Donovan's "Gail's Gone Wild" was my least favorite of the three, but not too bad. ( )
  beckymmoe | Apr 3, 2013 |

Foster, LoriContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dahl, VictoriaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Donovan, SusanContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This anthology contains 3 short stories:
Ready, Set, Jett by Lori Foster
Gail's Gone Wild by Susan Donovan
Just One Taste by Victoria Dahl.

Collects three novellas in which a woman takes a vacation away from her no-strings romance, a single mother finds love while chaperoning her daughter's spring break trip, and a businessman falls for the owner of an erotica shop.

Harlequin

An edition of this book was published by Harlequin.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,992,320 books! | Top bar: Always visible