The Guy Next Door [Anthology 3-in-1] by Lori…

nice quick summer read for romance novel readers. ( )
  AmyJ71 | Jun 20, 2017 |
3.5 Stars for Ready, Set, Jett

I love the Men Who Walk series, so I was excited to read this short story about Molly's sister. I wasn't disappointed.

(haven't read the other stories in the anthology yet!) ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
Three novellas about neighbors getting together, whether they are near each other due to where they live, where they vacation or even booths at a business convention. Two of the stories will have an incomplete feel to them unless you’ve read other books in the series.

Ready, Set, Jett by Lori Foster is the reason I picked up this anthology from the library. You meet Jett and Natalie in this story which takes place during When You Dare. Without reading that other book, you are going to feel cut off as drama is taking place in the full length book and at this point all Natalie knows is that something is wrong involving her sister. But the characters are interesting, as is Natalie’s situation with wanting to remain friends with benefits, but Jett has other ideas. Got to love both Jett and his family. 4 stars

Gail’s Gone Wild by Susan Donovan appears to be a stand alone story about a woman who takes her high school senior daughter and the girl’s best friend to Key West for spring break. Gail seriously needs to let loose and Jesse, the guy next door sees someone both sexy and interesting. Love story that starts out with sexual tension. I wanted to smack her upside the head at one point, but it’s fun to see her be the person she was meant to be. Enjoyable. 4 stars

Just One Taste by Victoria Dahl appears to be the beginning of a series involving the Donovan family. Eric and Beth meet at a business convention, 2 booths apart. She runs an erotica boutique and his family owns a brewery and both have images to maintain. She thinks he’s Jaime, Eric’s younger brother who is more well known with the ladies. To me this story was less satisfying, partly due to the rather abrupt ending. Perhaps if I’d read the series I’d have a better appreciation for this story that has a great deal of sexual tension and takes a long time to get anywhere. 2.5 stars ( )
  dearheart | Sep 9, 2015 |
Ready, Set, Jett - [a:Lori Foster|17597|Lori Foster|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1213018182p2/17597.jpg] - 3.5 Stars - Light and fun. Even a bit cutesy. Jett's family seem like a fun bunch and I'm sure Natalie will fit right in in no time. Definitely drew me in to read the rest of the series.

Gail's Gone Wild - [a:Susan Donovan|17293|Susan Donovan|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1212755559p2/17293.jpg] - 2.75 Stars - This was ok. Nothing spectacular to write about the characters were likable but I don't know if they'll be memorable.

Just One Taste - [a:Victoria Dahl|124727|Victoria Dahl|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1210769881p2/124727.jpg] - 3 Stars - I'm feeling slightly let down that the story is over, in other words I'm hooked for the next book in the series. This was fun easy reading. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Enjoyable anthology. Lori Foster's story about PI Jett and his neighbor teacher Natalie was steamy and exciting. Susan Donovan's story about PhD Gail and her vacation neighbor writer Jesse was like a fantasy come true. Victoria Dahl's story was the first part of a book in the series so it's not included in my rating.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |

Foster, LoriContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dahl, VictoriaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Donovan, SusanContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This anthology contains 3 short stories:
Ready, Set, Jett by Lori Foster
Gail's Gone Wild by Susan Donovan
Just One Taste by Victoria Dahl.

Collects three novellas in which a woman takes a vacation away from her no-strings romance, a single mother finds love while chaperoning her daughter's spring break trip, and a businessman falls for the owner of an erotica shop.

Harlequin

An edition of this book was published by Harlequin.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,174,405 books! | Top bar: Always visible