The Guy Next Door [Anthology 3-in-1] by Lori…

Three novellas about neighbors getting together, whether they are near each other due to where they live, where they vacation or even booths at a business convention. Two of the stories will have an incomplete feel to them unless you’ve read other books in the series.

Ready, Set, Jett by Lori Foster is the reason I picked up this anthology from the library. You meet Jett and Natalie in this story which takes place during When You Dare. Without reading that other book, you are going to feel cut off as drama is taking place in the full length book and at this point all Natalie knows is that something is wrong involving her sister. But the characters are interesting, as is Natalie’s situation with wanting to remain friends with benefits, but Jett has other ideas. Got to love both Jett and his family. 4 stars

Gail’s Gone Wild by Susan Donovan appears to be a stand alone story about a woman who takes her high school senior daughter and the girl’s best friend to Key West for spring break. Gail seriously needs to let loose and Jesse, the guy next door sees someone both sexy and interesting. Love story that starts out with sexual tension. I wanted to smack her upside the head at one point, but it’s fun to see her be the person she was meant to be. Enjoyable. 4 stars

Just One Taste by Victoria Dahl appears to be the beginning of a series involving the Donovan family. Eric and Beth meet at a business convention, 2 booths apart. She runs an erotica boutique and his family owns a brewery and both have images to maintain. She thinks he’s Jaime, Eric’s younger brother who is more well known with the ladies. To me this story was less satisfying, partly due to the rather abrupt ending. Perhaps if I’d read the series I’d have a better appreciation for this story that has a great deal of sexual tension and takes a long time to get anywhere. 2.5 stars ( )
  dearheart | Sep 9, 2015 |
Ready, Set, Jett - [a:Lori Foster|17597|Lori Foster|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1213018182p2/17597.jpg] - 3.5 Stars - Light and fun. Even a bit cutesy. Jett's family seem like a fun bunch and I'm sure Natalie will fit right in in no time. Definitely drew me in to read the rest of the series.

Gail's Gone Wild - [a:Susan Donovan|17293|Susan Donovan|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1212755559p2/17293.jpg] - 2.75 Stars - This was ok. Nothing spectacular to write about the characters were likable but I don't know if they'll be memorable.

Just One Taste - [a:Victoria Dahl|124727|Victoria Dahl|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1210769881p2/124727.jpg] - 3 Stars - I'm feeling slightly let down that the story is over, in other words I'm hooked for the next book in the series. This was fun easy reading. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Enjoyable anthology. Lori Foster's story about PI Jett and his neighbor teacher Natalie was steamy and exciting. Susan Donovan's story about PhD Gail and her vacation neighbor writer Jesse was like a fantasy come true. Victoria Dahl's story was the first part of a book in the series so it's not included in my rating.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
I only read the Foster and Donovan entries in this collection. I'm putting the Dahl on hold for now.

Ready, Set, Jett by Lori Foster

Jett and his sexy neighbor Natalie have been having a no-strings-attached fling for months. Jett is ready to take it to the next level (much to his surprise) but Natalie shows no signs of feeling the same. So he does what any rational man would do when he finds himself falling in love with the woman who wants nothing more than sex from him - he ties her to the bed and forces here to talk to him. Then he invites himself on her spring break vacation.

This was a cute, sexy story laced with humor and depth. I really enjoyed both main characters, as well as their canine companion. That Jett was so confused over Natalie's lack of commitment was hilarious. I like that Natalie didn't dismiss out of hand Jett's offer to deepen their connection, even though she had baggage.

I do think a lot of their issues could have been cleared up with some good old fashioned communication, but I'm not going to hold that against them.

Gail's Gone Wild by Susan Donovan

When Gail's teenage daughter says she and her friend want to go to Key West for Spring Break, Gail says no-way, no-how. But after some consideration, she decides she needs a vacation and agrees they can go as long as she can go as chaperone. She plans to laze by the pool and visit some historical landmarks..until she meets their sexy new neighbor, Jesse. Then she decides it would be more fun to let her inner wild-child out and have a real Spring Break vacation. What's supposed to be a short fling turns into more as she gets to know Jesse. Only Jesse is keeping a big secret from Gail, one that could potentially ruin her trust in him for good.

This was another sexy read. I really enjoyed the budding romance between Jesse and Gail. They definitely had chemistry, but I liked that a lot of the story was dedicated to them getting to know one another. I do think the parts with Gail's daughter could have been a little more fleshed out. They were all about hitting the party scene hard, but nothing was ever said about it. Two teenage girls basically left to their own devices in Key West during spring break? I fully expected shenanigans.

Still, I appreciated Donovan's no-nonsense approach with Gail and her romance to let it go. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Ready, Set, Jett 5 mai til 6 mai. 4 stjerner

Gail's Gone Wild lest 13 mai 2013? 4 stjerner ( )
  Aelianna | Jun 5, 2013 |

Foster, LoriContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dahl, VictoriaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Donovan, SusanContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This anthology contains 3 short stories:
Ready, Set, Jett by Lori Foster
Gail's Gone Wild by Susan Donovan
Just One Taste by Victoria Dahl.

Collects three novellas in which a woman takes a vacation away from her no-strings romance, a single mother finds love while chaperoning her daughter's spring break trip, and a businessman falls for the owner of an erotica shop.

13 avail.1 pay

An edition of this book was published by Harlequin.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,762,058 books! | Top bar: Always visible