The Night Season by Chelsea Cain

The Night Season (edition 2011)

by Chelsea Cain

Title:The Night Season
Authors:Chelsea Cain
Info:Minotaur Books (2011), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 336 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:fiction, 2011, portland, flood

The Night Season by Chelsea Cain

English (35)  Dutch (1)  All languages (36)

This book is different from the other books in this series that I've read so far in that Gretchen doesn't really play a role in it! It's a relieve actually, now Chelsea Cain focusses on the solving of an actual crime instead of just the relationship between Gretchen and Archie.

Because, I did like to see the development in there (not for the better), but now I read a more 'normal' novel without it, it was actually a nice break, and a lot better for the plot. The writing style is still very fast, which helps to make this again a nice and quick read. ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
Fast-paced, tense, and dark. Great character development, especially for a murder mystery. ( )
  mamashepp | Mar 29, 2016 |
  mamashepp | Mar 29, 2016 |
this is solid, well written, and keeps you engaged the entire time. I liked the characters and the writing and loved the detail about my city (in specifics and in history). not perfect - I didn't love how well wrapped up it all was by the end - but quite enjoyable and good company for a long day of travel. ( )
  elisa.saphier | Mar 5, 2016 |
Well, my issue with this book is - IT DOES NOT HAVE GRETCHEN LOWELL IN IT!!! The first three books are so good with her as the villain, and then poof - she's gone? What the??? I felt cheated more and more the further I read. This one has the rest of the characters, but without the Beauty Killer, I found I really couldn't care less. Portland is flooding and someone is killing folks with an octopus? Boo!!! Such a bummer... ( )
  Stahl-Ricco | Jan 23, 2016 |
REMEMBER: DIKES ARE SAFE AT PRESENT. YOU WILL BE WARNED IF NECESSARY. YOU WILL HAVE TIME TO LEAVE. DON'T GET EXCITED. --Statement issued by the Housing Authority of Portland to the people of Vanport, Oregon, on May 30, 1948
For my husband, Marc Mohan. Go, Pack!
Technically, the park was closed.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312619766, Hardcover)

With the Beauty Killer Gretchen Lowell locked away behind bars once again, Archie Sheridan—a Portland police detective and nearly one of her victims—can finally rest a little easier. Meanwhile, the rest of the city of Portland is in crisis. Heavy rains have flooded the Willamette River, and several people have drowned in the quickly rising waters. Or at least that’s what they thought until the medical examiner discovers that the latest victim didn’t drown: She was poisoned before she went into the water. Soon after, three of those drownings are also proven to be murders. Portland has a new serial killer on its hands, and Archie and his task force have a new case.

Reporter Susan Ward is chasing this story of a new serial killer with gusto, but she’s also got another lead to follow for an entirely separate mystery: The flooding has unearthed a skeleton, a man who might have died more than sixty years ago, the last time Portland flooded this badly, when the water washed away an entire neighborhood and killed at least fifteen people.

With Archie following the bizarre trail of evidence and evil deeds to catch a killer and possibly regain his life, and Susan Ward close behind, Chelsea Cain—one of today’s most talented suspense writers—launches the next installment of her bestselling series with an electric thriller.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:48 -0400)

River levels are high in Portland when a woman walking her dog comes across the skeleton of a young black man, murdered over fifty years ago. Journalist, Susan Ward investigates. Meanwhile, Detective Archie Sheridan and his team have turned their attention to child-killer Ryan Motley, trained by the notorious Gretchen Lowell. The task force must pursue a series of mysterious clues from Gretchen, one of which leads to a Vanport flood survivor, who happens to be the grandfather of a murdered child. Then, when another child is found murdered, Archie's investigation takes on a new urgency.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,813,800 books! | Top bar: Always visible