Korte metten by Lisa Gardner
Collections:Read but unowned

Love You More by Lisa Gardner

Love You More
4 Stars

Lisa Gardner's fast paced writing style and captivating plots are the reason she is one of my favorite crime authors, particularly her Quincy/Rainie series. Unfortunately, her D.D. Warren books have never been stellar (perhaps because D.D. herself is not that likable a heroine) but Love You More breaks this unremarkable trend.

Once again, the perspective alternates between first and third person. While this has irritated me in the past, it works well here as it adds to the characterization and tension in the plot. D.D. also mellows somewhat in this book although she still comes across as harsh and brash at times and her detecting skills definitely need work.

The mystery is what makes this a worthwhile read. The intricate twists and turns together with Tessa's amazing mind and ability to strategize keep the reader guessing as the story slowly unravels and the villains and motives become clear.

Overall, this is one of the better books in this particular series and I will continue on to the next one. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Jun 1, 2016 |
Tessa Leoni has a great deal on her plate. She has been a Massachusetts state trooper for four years and has a beautiful six-year-old daughter, Sophie, whose father's name Tessa does not even know. Leoni has an inner toughness that she will desperately need as she faces an uncertain future. Her husband of three years and Sophie's stepfather, Brian Darby, has been shot to death, and the evidence points to Tessa as the perpetrator. Worse, Tessa's little girl, Sophie, has disappeared. The plotting is intricate, but not beyond plausibility. There are some surprises in store for the usually tough DD. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
My first discovery of a novel by Lisa Gardner was to read "Touch and Go." As described in my book review of that title, "Unraveling the secrets is a thrill-ride reading adventure that soars like a North American X-15 or a speedboat on the sunniest day in crystal clear, calm waters or the anticipated ride on the Formula Rossa roller coaster on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, part of the United Arab Emirates that reaches an astonishing top speed of 149.1 mph (240 kmh)." After reading "Touch and Go," I knew that I had to read the "full back story" of investigator Tessa Leoni and added "Love You More" to my reading wish list.

"Love You More" is everything and so much more than I could ever have imagined. It's heart-pounding, heart-wrenching, and heart-riveting. You'll meet compelling and driven characters and be on the edge of your seat until all the mysteries of the investigation are revealed. This is not only the investigation of Tessa Leoni by Sergeant Detective D.D. Warren, Boston Police Department (BPD) and Massachusetts State Police Detective Bobby Dodge but so much more. ( )
  Corduroy7 | Feb 14, 2016 |
After reading Touch & Go I wanted to read more from Lisa Gardner and I wanted to know Tessa Leoni’s story. In this book Tessa, a State Trooper, admits to killing her husband Brian Darby. It seems a simple story of domestic abuse where Tessa killed her husband who’s just beaten her. But there’s something bizarre. Why would she freeze his body first and where the hell is her little girl, Sophie. It’s up to D.D. and Bobby from the Boston police to investigate this case and come up with the answers. You’re left wondering if Tessa is a victim or a killer. Did she really kill her own daughter? I felt disbelief and then I really thought so and then I felt disbelief again.. Lots of questions and lots of twists and turns. The chapters alternate between the investigator, D.D. Warren, and Tessa Leoni and their points of view only make it really more suspenseful. Tessa unveils slowly what really happened and tries to be one step ahead of all of them. You’ll never guess where it leads to in the end because I certainly didn’t come up with it. This book reads like a movie, it moves along at a fast pace and it was difficult to put down. I will certainly pick up the next one. ( )
  Ingstje | Jan 18, 2016 |
Tessa’s character is what drove me to finish the first book and start the second immediately after. She’s interesting. Not altogether plausible, but I liked what Gardner tried to do with her and her effort to make her different than D.D. She didn’t have early advantages, made stupid decisions, recovered from them and tried to use her natural smarts to further her career. When it all came crashing down Gardner obscured the real plot just enough so that we question everything. It wasn’t her fault that I knew there were more Tessa books so that some of that tension was lost on me. ( )
  Bookmarque | Jan 16, 2016 |

Gardner, Lisaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
MacNichol, KatieReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Potter, KirstenReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van der Aa, RalphTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Windgassen, MichaelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Who do you love?

One question, a split-second decision, and Brian Darby lies dead on the kitchen floor. His wife, state police trooper Tessa Leoni, claims to have shot him in self-defense, and bears the bruises to back up her tale. For veteran detective D. D. Warren it should be an open-and-shut case. But where is their six-year-old daughter?

As the homicide investigation ratchets into a frantic statewide search for a missing child, D. D. Warren must partner with former lover Bobby Dodge to break through the blue wall of police brotherhood, seeking to understand the inner workings of a trooper’s mind while also unearthing family secrets. Would a trained police officer truly shoot her own husband? And would a mother harm her own child?

For Tessa Leoni, the worst has not yet happened. She is walking a tightrope, with nowhere to turn, no one to trust, as the clock ticks down to a terrifying deadline. She has one goal in sight, and she will use every ounce of her training, every trick at her disposal, to do what must be done. No sacrifice is too great, no action unthinkable. A mother knows who she loves. And all others will be made to pay.

Brian Darby lies dead on the kitchen floor. His wife, state police trooper Tessa Leoni, claims to have shot him in self-defense, and bears the bruises to back up her tale. For veteran detective D. D. Warren it should be an open-and-shut case. But where is their six-year-old daughter? As the homicide investigation ratchets into a frantic statewide search for a missing child, D. D. Warren must partner with former lover Bobby Dodge to break the case.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,582,524 books! | Top bar: Always visible