Korte metten by Lisa Gardner
Authors:Lisa Gardner
Info:
Collections:Read but unowned

Love You More by Lisa Gardner

Nice book, a good page turner... ( )
  jackravi | Aug 26, 2015 |
This is an action-thriller with a rather improbable plot, and improbable solutions along the way. So if you are looking for a fast-paced story with a super-heroine this might be the book for you. I had read Lisa Gardner before and I thought this might be a good place to start. It falls somewhere in the middle of her D.D.Warren series, and it's also the kickoff for her Tessa Leoni series - a spin-off, so to speak.. So the reader gets two super heroines for the price of one.

There's an opening murder, and it is the beginning of the "improbable" and rather artificially complex mystery that evolves. Tessa's husband is murdered in their kitchen with her weapon (she's a state trooper), Tessa's 6 year old daughter is missing, and Tessa is mum about the whole thing. D.D. Warren, a Boston Police Sergeant Detective is sent to investigate along with loads of other cops. D.D. is grumpy throughout the whole book - I don't know if this is D.D.'s usual thing, or if it has to do with her situation and the whole investigation. But it was more than a tad frustrating reading a long book, suffering through "Grumpy" and "Mum". Of course, in the last 20 pages or so, Grumpy starts to melt a bit (it's winter-time in Boston), and Mummy starts to open up, but by then I'd had enough of both of them.

There is one last thing that bothered me about this book, though I suspect it's true of many action thrillers, and just one reason why I generally don't read them. There are some unnecessary killings here (I counted three) that I feel were not justified. All three seemed to be motivated by revenge. They were executions, no question of self-defense. Does our heroine assassin get away with it? What do you think?

However, in all fairness to Lisa Gardner, she writes a gripping story here; it's a real page-turner. Just not my cop of tea. ( )
  maneekuhi | Aug 4, 2015 |
Re read and enjoyed again ( )
  rharrisonblack | Jul 26, 2015 |
Another great book by Lisa Gardner! But every time I read the name Tessa Leoni, I kept thinking of Tea Leoni, the actress, lol. Ventral lay I hope to read all of this author's books. Along with Harlan Coben, she's one of my favorite suspense authors. ( )
  sandra.k.heinzman | Apr 2, 2015 |
  sandra.k.heinzman | Apr 2, 2015 |

Gardner, Lisaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
MacNichol, KatieReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Potter, KirstenReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van der Aa, RalphTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Windgassen, MichaelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Who do you love?

One question, a split-second decision, and Brian Darby lies dead on the kitchen floor. His wife, state police trooper Tessa Leoni, claims to have shot him in self-defense, and bears the bruises to back up her tale. For veteran detective D. D. Warren it should be an open-and-shut case. But where is their six-year-old daughter?

As the homicide investigation ratchets into a frantic statewide search for a missing child, D. D. Warren must partner with former lover Bobby Dodge to break through the blue wall of police brotherhood, seeking to understand the inner workings of a trooper’s mind while also unearthing family secrets. Would a trained police officer truly shoot her own husband? And would a mother harm her own child?

For Tessa Leoni, the worst has not yet happened. She is walking a tightrope, with nowhere to turn, no one to trust, as the clock ticks down to a terrifying deadline. She has one goal in sight, and she will use every ounce of her training, every trick at her disposal, to do what must be done. No sacrifice is too great, no action unthinkable. A mother knows who she loves. And all others will be made to pay.

Brian Darby lies dead on the kitchen floor. His wife, state police trooper Tessa Leoni, claims to have shot him in self-defense, and bears the bruises to back up her tale. For veteran detective D. D. Warren it should be an open-and-shut case. But where is their six-year-old daughter? As the homicide investigation ratchets into a frantic statewide search for a missing child, D. D. Warren must partner with former lover Bobby Dodge to break the case.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,076,879 books! | Top bar: Always visible