Black Magic Woman by Christine Warren

Maybe 2.5 stars. I really struggled with this one. ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
3.5 stars

This is a nice light read which I really needed right now. The series has always been a little hard to follow because it is not released in chronological order (but there a new chronological list in the front of the book, along with an explation for the confusion).

This is not my favorite book in the series, but I did enjoy it. It brings voodoo into the picture for the first time. I am not really that familar with voodoo, so it was interesting to read a story that included it. You also read about Guardians, which if they have been in the series in the past, it was not a large part that I remember. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
This is Daphanie Carter (Danice Carter's older sister) and Asher Grayson's story. Daphanie is a smart mouthed gypsy that has decided to settle down in New York. She finds out about the Others just before her sister's wedding. She gets in trouble with a witch doctor. I think that she handles the news of the others and she fights the possession with grace and courage. Asher is all alpha male that has seen more of human nature that anyone should. Asher is a Guardian. An immortal that guards humans against the Others. He is surprised by his attraction to Daphanie. This story will give you a good education into voodoo and the blacker arts. There is also a little history which is always nice. Ms. Warren writes some very good paranormal stories and should be and anyone list that loves the genre. ( )
  LadyIsis | Jan 18, 2013 |
After Christine sliced up and obliterated Fighting Faer -the last novel (Prince Charming)- this novel was refreshing. It had all the things I expect from one of Christine's Novels and made me remember why I liked her writing in the first place (along with rereading Big Bad Wolf). I only hope she does Corrine and Luc justice by KEEPING what readers loved about Fighting Faer and a expanding on it. Doing a rewrite just hurts. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! ( )
  Khristine_Stain | Oct 23, 2011 |
Apparently, I was so busy trying not to hate Daphanie that I never really got into the story. As Asher ponders (frequently), it's not that she's stupid so much as she is ignorant about the Others. Unfortunately, while she exhibits wild-eyed delight at viewing Others in the wild, so to speak, she never tries to overcome her ignorance enough to treat them as sentient creatures who have lives beyond entertaining her, instead she hides behind her ignorance as if that will excuse her rude, narcissistic behavior. She displays all the empathy of a rabid swamp rat in the first part of the book and by the second... I don't know, I guess I got tired, so by the time she got possessed I just didn't really care. (Possibly because I saw it coming from her first run-in with D'Abo--really, if you've ever seen any B movie featuring voodoo zombies, you're not going to be surprised by any of this.) Anyway, I got bored, put it down to wash dishes and am not sure I'll ever pick it up again. ( )
  thewalkinggirl | May 16, 2011 |

"Daphanie Carter is thrilled that her sister Danice finally found her Prince Charming--even though he not quite, well, human. Daphanie is trying to keep an open mind. Which is why she jumps at the chance to enter the hidden world of The Others when a friendly imp invites her to a non-human nightclub. Daphanie's curious to see how the Other half lives--and parties--but soon, one handsome stranger has her bewitched, bothered, and beside herself..."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,996,129 books! | Top bar: Always visible