Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball by Donita…

Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball

by Donita K. Paul

Cora Crowder, Simon Derrick, Warner, Werner, and Wizbotterdad, Bonnie and Betty Booterbaw ~ with names like these, what else can you expect but an engaging and entertaining read? This book was fun. I enjoyed the walks in the snow (because I didn't have to actually do it,) the silly sisters Bonnie and Betty, and the not-quite-right booksellers Bill and William Wizbotterdad.

Light-hearted in just the right places, gentle reminders about the true meaning of Christmas, and of course, a budding romance is the perfect recipe to curl up next to the fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate and spend an evening. ( )
  AmandaWrites | Dec 30, 2013 |
Way to religiony for me. ( )
  bnbookgirl | Jan 6, 2012 |
I saw this book while wandering around Barnes and Noble in December and found it on their Christmas reads table. I was initially drawn to the book because of the beautiful cover and then I ordered it on PaperBackSwap because I loved the premise of the story. What little girl hasn't dreamed of going to a ball, and a Christmas one at that? ( )
  jasminemarie | Oct 26, 2011 |
Cora Crowder is a hard working young woman who needs order in her life. She grew up in an abusive family. While she was at college she became a Christian and got a job far away from her family. She tries to like Christmas but seems to miss its true meaning.Simon Derrick is Cora’s bosses boss. He is a hard worker and love his family. He is the bread winner and lives with his Granddad, Grandma, Mom and younger sister. He has always felt like a loser when it came to dating and also worried someone he dated would not love and except his family. One snowy night both Cora and Simon end up at this used bookstore that has a interesting feel to it. Both receive a ticket to a Christmas ball but very few people have ever heard of it! Some magical things begin to happen(the virgin cat anyone?) that work to bring these two people together. Can Cora over come her past to move forward with her future?This book was okay. The magical quality of the book was fun but I felt there where so many questions about how this was happening that I had trouble focusing on the story. I enjoyed the story though. I thought Simon’s sister Sandy was a great character and she made me smile many times. I loved how Simon loved his family. I will say the ending was a little of a let down for me. It again left me with more questions than answers. Over all it was a fun read.DISCLOSURE: I was provided a free copy of this book from the Blogging for Books program from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishers, to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own. ( )
  weatherlover1 | Apr 22, 2011 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was okay - I generally don't mind Christian fiction, although it's not a favorite, but I have to say there was a LOT of religion in this one! Not a terrible premise - matchmakers fix up an unlikely couple...overall a quick, undemanding read.
  LaurieDoc | Jan 12, 2011 |

Can mysterious matchmaking booksellers bring two lonely hearts together in time for Christmas?

In a sleepy, snow-covered city, Cora Crowder is busy preparing for the holiday season. Searching for a perfect gift, a fortuitous trip to Warner, Werner, and Wizbotterdad’s (a most unusual bookshop) leads to an unexpected encounter with co-worker Simon Derrick. And the surprise discovery of a ticket for a truly one-of-a-kind Christmas Ball.

Every year, the matchmaking booksellers of the Sage Street bookshop host an enchanting, old-fashioned Christmas Ball for the romantic matches they’ve decided to bring together.

This year, will Simon and Cora discover a perfect chemistry in their opposite personalities and shared faith? Or will the matchmakers’ best laid plans end up ruining everything this holiday?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:30 -0400)

Every year, the matchmaking booksellers of the Sage Street bookshop host an old-fashioned Christmas Ball for the romantic matches they have brought together, leaving Cora Crowder to wonder if Simon Derrick is the right match for her.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball by Donita K. Paul was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,319,961 books! | Top bar: Always visible