The Walking Dead, Vol. 5: The Best Defense…

The Walking Dead, Vol. 5: The Best Defense (edition 2009)

by Robert Kirkman

Member:ajhackwith
Title:The Walking Dead, Vol. 5: The Best Defense
Authors:Robert Kirkman
Info:Image Comics (2009), Edition: 3, Paperback, 136 pages

The Walking Dead, Volume 5: The Best Defense by Robert Kirkman

English (20)  French (3)  Danish (1)  All languages (24)
Agh I hate the Governor! I thought I hated him in the tv series, but little did I know AMC downplayed what a royal ass he is. More than that he's also a sociopath and really shouldn't be leading a town. Even his own people know that. Fuck! Considering the fact that his three captives are main characters I'm gonna hope that they all make it. I really love Glen and Maggie. Rick is too big of a character to die and the Governor already said he wants him alive. But Mishonne, I don't know. I really like her in the show, but she went down on Tyresse, while he was with Carol. Which thinking about it now is more his fault for not stoping her, but she had walked in on them, so she would have known. Oh well I'll just have to wait and see. ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |
And the Governor is here!

Wow this volume's subject matter is loads darker than the previous ones, the reader gets to see how dark some people can get during the zombie apocalypse. I was mega shocked by the rape and torture of Michonne and just how sick in the head the Governor is.. Stuff of nightmares. However shocking it is, it's more believable than some the lame soap opera that was going on in the last volume.

Carol is an absolute freak show. Glad to see Sophia is allowed to live in the comics. Carl is a lot more likeable as well. ( )
  KittyBimble | Feb 21, 2015 |
So bizarre!!! ( )
  AmandaEmma | Mar 26, 2014 |
The gang starts to get comfortable and relaxed in their prison home. One day they see a helicopter crash and follow it to discover a nearby town, sheltered from the zombies and run by an evil man known only as The Governor. Also Carol weirdly keeps hitting on both Rick and Lori.

The graphic novel Governor is less scary than the TV one, I think. Mostly because the TV one takes longer to reveal his secrets. Either way, this was a really good one. ( )
  norabelle414 | Dec 31, 2013 |
Volume 5, The Best Defense is only slightly better IMO than the previous volume. Emotions are still running high, people are still stupid, and Michonne is still incredibly badass.

"I'm - I'm not crying for me. I'm crying for you. I think about all the things I'm going to do to you and it makes me cry. It scares me."

~Michonne ( )
  diovival | Oct 14, 2013 |

Robert Kirkmanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Adlard, CharlieInkermain authorall editionsconfirmed
Rathburn, CliffIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Wooton, RusLetterersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Adlard, CharlieCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rathburn, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 158240612X, Paperback)

As the survivors settle into their prison home something has drawn them out into the open... out of the prison... out of their sanctuary. This is a major turning point for the overall story of The Walking Dead, setting the stage for years to come. Reprint Edition

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:56 -0400)

As the survivors settle into their prison home, something has drawn them out into the open - out of the prison, and out of their sanctuary. This is a major turning point for the overall story of 'The Walking Dead', setting the scene for years to come.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,525,324 books! | Top bar: Always visible