Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Notebook (original 1996; edition 2004)

by Nicholas Sparks

9,865204287 (3.8)58
Member:Griperang
Title:Notebook
Authors:Nicholas Sparks
Info:

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (1996)

Message in a bottle by Nicholas Sparks (krizia_lazaro)
    Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks (khoov00)
    The Pact by Jodi Picoult (nu-bibliophile)
    Where the River Ends by Charles Martin (Nicnac63)
    Nicnac63: Charles Martin's writing style is similar to Nicholas Sparks'. Both display a great love story that stands the tests of hardships and time.
    Waiting For The Rain by mjeanpike (Norabee)
    Norabee: This is a truly beautiful love story that any fan of romance would love, but if you liked elements of The Notebook, you will definitely love this one - highly recommended
    The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (pinkkrypto)
    pinkkrypto: An amazing love story. Incredibly touching.
    The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks (Anonymous user)

With Nicholas Sparks you can count on two things, great writing and loads of drama! His books are an emotional roller-coaster that rarely end with a happy ever after! They are draining in a good way! very cathartic! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
I believe in love that can withstand all, and this book has so poetically captured what most dream of finding. It is so well written that even though I watched the movie long before I read this book, I was astounded. The characters are well developed and the plot is easy to follow. You find yourself immersed in a world of older, simpler times and wishing you were there. The description of the surrounding area where he has rebuilt the house is awesome and truly captures some of the North Carolina coast. I have firsthand views of it as well as the toil that having a loved one with Alzheimer���s can do. The direction that this took can bring hope to anyone to make them not only want a love like this but be able to love this way too. At first I wasn���t so certain about the manner of reading a book of someone who wrote a book of their own story down, but its delivery was flawless. ( )
  jesssika | Sep 9, 2014 |
Noah and Allie were first loves, but circumstances have kept them apart for years. Noah is living alone after service in the war and his father's death. Allie is engaged and living in another state, but suddenly decides to go back to the town and visit Noah if he's still there. They find themselves picking up where they left off, and Allie needs to decide if her fiance Lon or Noah is the right man for her.

I don't usually like romance (sorry, Nicholas, I know you like to call your books "love stories," but as far as I'm concerned, this one is romance through and through), but I picked this up because one of my library book discussions read it recently and one of the members was singing its praises. I didn't love it, but it's romantic and bittersweet, so if you're a fan of his books go ahead and give it a try. ( )
  bell7 | Aug 18, 2014 |
Ähm ... tja ... vielleicht sollte ich keine Bücher lesen, die nicht zu meinen bevorzugten Genres gehören; so gute Kritiken sie auch immer haben. Jedenfalls konnte ich mit diesem Buch, das ich in der Bibliothek unserer Ferienwohnung fand, überhaupt nichts anfangen. Bis auf ein paar schöne Sprachbilder, die mich erfreuten, hat mich nichts begeistert, die Geschichte kaum emotional berührt. Schade. ( )
  Telaara_Dunwin | Aug 10, 2014 |
this was probably the worst book I've ever read ( )
  abbeyhar | Jul 23, 2014 |
This book is dedicated with love to Cathy, my wife and my friend.
Who am I? And how, I wonder, will story end?
"I am nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough."

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446605239, Mass Market Paperback)

"Somewhere," muses Noah Calhoun, while sitting on his porch in the moonight, "there were people making love." The Notebook, a Southern-fried story of love-lost-and-found-again, revolves around a single time-honored romantic dilemma: will beautiful Allison Nelson stay with Mr. Respectability (to whom she happens to be engaged), or will she choose Noah, the romantic rascal she left so many years ago?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:03 -0400)

An elderly lady with Alzheimer's disease listens to her old diaries that speak of the young love she has long forgotten.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,350,525 books! | Top bar: Always visible