Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Notebook (original 1996; edition 2004)

by Nicholas Sparks

Authors:Nicholas Sparks
Info:Bantam Books (2004), Paperback, 272 pages

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (1996)

Message in a bottle by Nicholas Sparks (krizia_lazaro)
    The Pact by Jodi Picoult (nu-bibliophile)
    Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks (khoov00)
    The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks (Anonymous user)
    Where the River Ends by Charles Martin (Nicnac63)
    Nicnac63: Charles Martin's writing style is similar to Nicholas Sparks'. Both display a great love story that stands the tests of hardships and time.
    The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (pinkkrypto)
    pinkkrypto: An amazing love story. Incredibly touching.
    Waiting For The Rain by mjeanpike (Norabee)
    Norabee: This is a truly beautiful love story that any fan of romance would love, but if you liked elements of The Notebook, you will definitely love this one - highly recommended

Loved it. Read it years ago, but want to read again when I get time. ( )
  allysonrabbott | Jul 24, 2015 |
Not that it matters what I think, as this book has been a bestseller for over a decade... but I found the story a bit flat. The premise was good, but I didn't feel the emotion I should have felt from such a heartbreaking tale. I liked the book, but I wanted more. ( )
  LoriCrane | Jul 13, 2015 |
Creo que este me gusto (2.5) nada màs porque me quedò esta imagen grabada en la retina :

¡Ah! ¿No pasa eso en el Cuaderno de Noah? Bueno , igual esta Gosling , asì que cuenta .

En fin ....

el libro es pobre ,muy pobre . La escritura es pobre , la historia carece de trama , de nudo . No pasa nada . El final es re-contra predecible y sòlo tiene dos o tres momentos destacables .

Sigo creyendo que Sparks en la vida real debe ser algo asì :

Fan de N.S : ¿Còmo escribe tan bien sobre las mujeres?

N.S. : Pienso en un hombre y le elimino la sensatez y responsabilidad

Esta historia en su totalidad es la menos peor ... pero no por eso de calidad .
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
I believe in love that can withstand all, and this book has so poetically captured what most dream of finding. It is so well written that even though I watched the movie long before I read this book, I was astounded. The characters are well developed and the plot is easy to follow. You find yourself immersed in a world of older, simpler times and wishing you were there. The description of the surrounding area where he has rebuilt the house is awesome and truly captures some of the North Carolina coast. I have firsthand views of it as well as the toil that having a loved one with Alzheimer���������s can do. The direction that this took can bring hope to anyone to make them not only want a love like this but be able to love this way too. At first I wasn���������t so certain about the manner of reading a book of someone who wrote a book of their own story down, but its delivery was flawless. ( )
  jessica_reads | Mar 24, 2015 |
Estoy convencida de que bajo el genial arranque de un Noah anciano contándole su historia a una compañera de residencia otro escritor mejor habría hecho maravillas, en lugar de una historia de amor tan tópica y cursi.
  L0r0 | Mar 22, 2015 |
This book is dedicated with love to Cathy, my wife and my friend.
Who am I? And how, I wonder, will this story end?
I am nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446605239, Mass Market Paperback)

"Somewhere," muses Noah Calhoun, while sitting on his porch in the moonight, "there were people making love." The Notebook, a Southern-fried story of love-lost-and-found-again, revolves around a single time-honored romantic dilemma: will beautiful Allison Nelson stay with Mr. Respectability (to whom she happens to be engaged), or will she choose Noah, the romantic rascal she left so many years ago?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:05 -0400)

An elderly lady with Alzheimer's disease listens to her old diaries that speak of the young love she has long forgotten.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,853,421 books! | Top bar: Always visible