Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Notebook (original 1996; edition 2004)

by Nicholas Sparks

9,897207286 (3.8)58
Member:Griperang
Title:Notebook
Authors:Nicholas Sparks
Info:Bantam Books (2004), Paperback, 272 pages

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (1996)

Message in a bottle by Nicholas Sparks (krizia_lazaro)
    Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks (khoov00)
    The Pact by Jodi Picoult (nu-bibliophile)
    Where the River Ends by Charles Martin (Nicnac63)
    Nicnac63: Charles Martin's writing style is similar to Nicholas Sparks'. Both display a great love story that stands the tests of hardships and time.
    Waiting For The Rain by mjeanpike (Norabee)
    Norabee: This is a truly beautiful love story that any fan of romance would love, but if you liked elements of The Notebook, you will definitely love this one - highly recommended
    The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (pinkkrypto)
    pinkkrypto: An amazing love story. Incredibly touching.
    The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks (Anonymous user)

I thouroughly enjoyed this book. It's not the sort of thing I would uually read and it has a sense or predictability, but I enjoyed that aspect. I loved the relationship and love between Allie and Noah. I enjoyed how it skipped the children, the marraige ceremony etc and just focused on their love throughout the years and briefly touched on it in letters and memories towards he end. I now need to watch the film! ( )
  Nataliec7 | Jan 5, 2015 |
I loved this book. Not many books can make me cry but this was definitely one of them. I will need to read more books by Nicholas Sparks. Hopefully that doesn't ruin The Notebook for me though. ( )
1 vote Anietzerck | Dec 27, 2014 |
One of the best movies and books of all time! Have read all Sparks books but this is my favorite! Being from NC, loved it as well as the relationship between 1946 between two time periods.

The Notebook is an achingly tender story about the enduring power of love, a story of miracles that will stay with you forever. Set amid the austere beauty of coastal North Carolina in 1946, The Notebook begins with the story of Noah Calhoun, a rural Southerner returned home from World War II. Noah, thirty-one, is restoring a plantation home to its former glory, and he is haunted by images of the beautiful girl he met fourteen years earlier, a girl he loved like no other. Unable to find her, yet unwilling to forget the summer they spent together, Noah is content to live with only memories. . . until she unexpectedly returns to his town to see him once again. The result is a deeply moving portrait of love itself, the tender moments, and fundamental changes that affect us all.
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
With Nicholas Sparks you can count on two things, great writing and loads of drama! His books are an emotional roller-coaster that rarely end with a happy ever after! They are draining in a good way! very cathartic! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
I believe in love that can withstand all, and this book has so poetically captured what most dream of finding. It is so well written that even though I watched the movie long before I read this book, I was astounded. The characters are well developed and the plot is easy to follow. You find yourself immersed in a world of older, simpler times and wishing you were there. The description of the surrounding area where he has rebuilt the house is awesome and truly captures some of the North Carolina coast. I have firsthand views of it as well as the toil that having a loved one with Alzheimer���s can do. The direction that this took can bring hope to anyone to make them not only want a love like this but be able to love this way too. At first I wasn���t so certain about the manner of reading a book of someone who wrote a book of their own story down, but its delivery was flawless. ( )
  jesssika | Sep 9, 2014 |
This book is dedicated with love to Cathy, my wife and my friend.
Who am I? And how, I wonder, will story end?
"I am nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough."

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446605239, Mass Market Paperback)

"Somewhere," muses Noah Calhoun, while sitting on his porch in the moonight, "there were people making love." The Notebook, a Southern-fried story of love-lost-and-found-again, revolves around a single time-honored romantic dilemma: will beautiful Allison Nelson stay with Mr. Respectability (to whom she happens to be engaged), or will she choose Noah, the romantic rascal she left so many years ago?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:03 -0400)

An elderly lady with Alzheimer's disease listens to her old diaries that speak of the young love she has long forgotten.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,168,072 books! | Top bar: Always visible