Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Notebook (original 1996; edition 2004)

by Nicholas Sparks

Member:Griperang
Title:Notebook
Authors:Nicholas Sparks
Info:Bantam Books (2004), Paperback, 272 pages

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (1996)

Message in a bottle by Nicholas Sparks (krizia_lazaro)
    The Pact by Jodi Picoult (nu-bibliophile)
    Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks (khoov00)
    The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks (Anonymous user)
    Where the River Ends by Charles Martin (Nicnac63)
    Nicnac63: Charles Martin's writing style is similar to Nicholas Sparks'. Both display a great love story that stands the tests of hardships and time.
    The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (pinkkrypto)
    pinkkrypto: An amazing love story. Incredibly touching.
    Waiting For The Rain by mjeanpike (Norabee)
    Norabee: This is a truly beautiful love story that any fan of romance would love, but if you liked elements of The Notebook, you will definitely love this one - highly recommended

I believe in love that can withstand all, and this book has so poetically captured what most dream of finding. It is so well written that even though I watched the movie long before I read this book, I was astounded. The characters are well developed and the plot is easy to follow. You find yourself immersed in a world of older, simpler times and wishing you were there. The description of the surrounding area where he has rebuilt the house is awesome and truly captures some of the North Carolina coast. I have firsthand views of it as well as the toil that having a loved one with Alzheimer���������s can do. The direction that this took can bring hope to anyone to make them not only want a love like this but be able to love this way too. At first I wasn���������t so certain about the manner of reading a book of someone who wrote a book of their own story down, but its delivery was flawless. ( )
  jessica_reads | Mar 24, 2015 |
Estoy convencida de que bajo el genial arranque de un Noah anciano contándole su historia a una compañera de residencia otro escritor mejor habría hecho maravillas, en lugar de una historia de amor tan tópica y cursi.
  L0r0 | Mar 22, 2015 |
This is only the second book by Nicholas Sparks that I’ve read. The first one was Dear John, and I enjoyed it. I was actually surprised that I liked it because I just didn’t think I would. However, I went into this book with higher hopes because I liked Dear John. I wasn’t let down at all. In fact, like Dear John, I gave it three stars. For me, that means I liked it.

I watched the movie years ago, and I really didn’t like it. I know the book is always better, but because of the movie, I almost didn’t read anything by Sparks. I honestly thought I wouldn’t like his books. Especially this one. I am so glad I decided to read The Notebook (and Dear John). I may not have a new favorite author, but I can see myself reading more of his books in the future. I just wont be running out and buying them the day they come out.

Note: This is an older review. So I don’t feel like I can get more into what I liked and disliked about it. Maybe someday I will re-read The Notebook and do another review. ( )
  TheBookHoarder | Mar 8, 2015 |
It was okay - not a book I would typically read, but it was recommended by a co-worker and several other co-workers raved about it. As usual with Romance novels, I found it awfully predictable. It did have several really good, quotable lines. ( )
  BeckyGraham1016 | Mar 6, 2015 |
I love this book with all my heart!!!! It was the first Nicholas Sparks book I ever read. The story was timeless and emotional. ( )
  harleyqgrayson02 | Mar 3, 2015 |
This book is dedicated with love to Cathy, my wife and my friend.
Who am I? And how, I wonder, will this story end?
"I am nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough."

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446605239, Mass Market Paperback)

"Somewhere," muses Noah Calhoun, while sitting on his porch in the moonight, "there were people making love." The Notebook, a Southern-fried story of love-lost-and-found-again, revolves around a single time-honored romantic dilemma: will beautiful Allison Nelson stay with Mr. Respectability (to whom she happens to be engaged), or will she choose Noah, the romantic rascal she left so many years ago?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:03 -0400)

An elderly lady with Alzheimer's disease listens to her old diaries that speak of the young love she has long forgotten.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,605,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible