Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Notebook (original 1996; edition 2004)

by Nicholas Sparks

9,509None302 (3.81)50
Member:Griperang
Title:Notebook
Authors:Nicholas Sparks
Info:Bantam Books (2004), Paperback, 272 pages

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (1996)

Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks (krizia_lazaro)
    Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks (khoov00)
    The Pact by Jodi Picoult (nu-bibliophile)
    Where the River Ends by Charles Martin (Nicnac63)
    Nicnac63: Charles Martin's writing style is similar to Nicholas Sparks'. Both display a great love story that stands the tests of hardships and time.
    Waiting For The Rain by mjeanpike (Norabee)
    Norabee: This is a truly beautiful love story that any fan of romance would love, but if you liked elements of The Notebook, you will definitely love this one - highly recommended
    The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (pinkkrypto)
    pinkkrypto: An amazing love story. Incredibly touching.
    The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks (Anonymous user)

After reading Stephen King's colossal 11/22/63, The Notebook was like a decadent, rich, and smooth midnight snack. I read the whole thing in about three hours.

The setting is coastal North Carolina, 1940's and Noah Calhoun is haunted by the ghost of a girl he once loved. Everywhere he looks and everywhere he goes he is reminded of the love they once shared. But she has been out of his life for more than a decade.

Allie Nelson is also haunted by the past and passions lost. She is engaged to be married to another but she cannot go through with it until she is sure that is what she really wants. So makes a trip back to New Bern, North Carolina to flirt with the past and see where her heart takes her.

She finds Noah sitting on the porch of his family home, alone and over the next few days, the two try to rekindle the flame that never went out. Will Allie follow her heart and stay with the man she never stopped loving or will she return to the socialite lifestyle she is expected to live?

"I would love to tell you that everything will work out for us, and I promise to do all I can to make sure it does. But if we never meet again and this is truly good-bye, I know we will see each other again in another life. We will find each other again, and maybe the stars will have changed, and we will not only love each other in that time, but for all the times we've had before."

I usually don't go in for romance novels but I knew that this book was a bestseller for over a year, all over the world and that it had been made into a movie and I found it at a thrift shop so I thought, why not? I'm glad I did. Every girl wishes for such a passionate romance and soul partner that Allie has found in Noah. This is one of the greatest love stories ever told. ( )
  clayhollow | Apr 8, 2014 |
Sweet story, but a little too sappy for my taste, as are all Nicholas Sparks books. ( )
  joyhclark | Mar 13, 2014 |
I actually cried when I read this book - I never cry when I read books lol ( )
  shevener | Mar 5, 2014 |
I finally read it because it's one of his biggest books. I thought it was a typical love story. Nothing spectacular. I was hoping there would be more of a climax when she ended it with her husband. ( )
  Emelymac | Jan 15, 2014 |
A magnificent romantic tale in which the heroin can only remember a day and the hero try to win her every single day by reading the love story of both of them to her! ( )
  Pankaj.Kumar | Dec 20, 2013 |
This book is dedicated with love to Cathy, my wife and my friend.
Who am I? And how, I wonder, will story end?
"I am nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough."

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446605239, Mass Market Paperback)

"Somewhere," muses Noah Calhoun, while sitting on his porch in the moonight, "there were people making love." The Notebook, a Southern-fried story of love-lost-and-found-again, revolves around a single time-honored romantic dilemma: will beautiful Allison Nelson stay with Mr. Respectability (to whom she happens to be engaged), or will she choose Noah, the romantic rascal she left so many years ago?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:03 -0400)

An elderly lady with Alzheimer's disease listens to her old diaries that speak of the young love she has long forgotten.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,487,870 books! | Top bar: Always visible