Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Notebook (original 1996; edition 2004)

by Nicholas Sparks

Member:Griperang
Title:Notebook
Authors:Nicholas Sparks
Info:Bantam Books (2004), Paperback, 272 pages

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (1996)

Message in a bottle by Nicholas Sparks (krizia_lazaro)
    The Pact by Jodi Picoult (nu-bibliophile)
    Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks (khoov00)
    The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks (Anonymous user)
    Where the River Ends by Charles Martin (Nicnac63)
    Nicnac63: Charles Martin's writing style is similar to Nicholas Sparks'. Both display a great love story that stands the tests of hardships and time.
    The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (pinkkrypto)
    pinkkrypto: An amazing love story. Incredibly touching.
    Waiting For The Rain by mjeanpike (Norabee)
    Norabee: This is a truly beautiful love story that any fan of romance would love, but if you liked elements of The Notebook, you will definitely love this one - highly recommended

I truly enjoyed this heartwarming story...Noah & Allie are not extraordinary people who do extraordinary things - they are everyday people who have an extraordinary love and devotion to each other. The way that is conveyed to the reader makes this story one of the best and most endearing love stories of modern times. ( )
  AlexisLovesBooks | Jan 26, 2016 |
Sweet story, but a little too sappy for my taste, as are all Nicholas Sparks books. ( )
  joyhclark | Jan 20, 2016 |
Overall I found the book to be very sad. Pathetic at times.

It was impossible for me to connect to the main characters due to the fact that their relationship was founded on Allie's unfaithfulness to her fiance. How does no one see this? SHE CHEATED!!! That's not romantic.

I don't care what the extenuating circumstances were or who was working to keep them apart. She lied. Unnecessarily. And when she did this she not only betrayed Lon but she betrayed herself. "Oh, who should I marry? I don't want anyone hurt!" Blah, blah, blah! You should have though about that before you went prancing off to visit an old boyfriend!

Alzheimers is a terrible, cruel disease, without a doubt! Reading how they ended up was painful and tear-jerking. I choked up and asked myself more than once what the point of this story was. There is nothing romantic about this disease and there is never a happy ending.

This book sucks. ( )
  Marion_B | Jan 19, 2016 |
True love at its truest. ( )
  Regyna2167 | Jan 16, 2016 |
The love story of Noah and Allie who fall in love over one summer as teenagers. They reunite years later when Allie comes to Visit Noah before her upcoming wedding. I can see why some people would think this was too sappy but I like the story and the ending had me crying buckets. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |
This book is dedicated with love to Cathy, my wife and my friend.
Who am I? And how, I wonder, will this story end?
I am nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Unknown if book or movie

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446605239, Mass Market Paperback)

"Somewhere," muses Noah Calhoun, while sitting on his porch in the moonight, "there were people making love." The Notebook, a Southern-fried story of love-lost-and-found-again, revolves around a single time-honored romantic dilemma: will beautiful Allison Nelson stay with Mr. Respectability (to whom she happens to be engaged), or will she choose Noah, the romantic rascal she left so many years ago?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:05 -0400)

An elderly lady with Alzheimer's disease listens to her old diaries that speak of the young love she has long forgotten.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,177,044 books! | Top bar: Always visible