Axe Cop, Vol. 1 by Malachai Nicolle

Axe Cop, Vol. 1 (original 2010; edition 2011)

by Malachai Nicolle, Ethan Nicolle

Info:Dark Horse (2011), Paperback, 144 pages
Collections:Best of the Best 2012, Read but unowned
Rating:*****
Tags:Comics

Axe Cop Volume One by Malachai Nicolle (2010)

2012 (3) action (4) adventure (5) Amazon (1) awesome (1) axe cop (2) comic (3) comics (10) cops (2) Dark Horse (4) dinosaurs (3) fantasy (2) fiction (4) graphic (1) graphic novel (16) humor (10) law (1) North America (1) owned (2) police (5) read (3) science fiction (2) superheroes (6) teen (2) to-read (1) webcomic (3) webcomics (2) YA (3) young adult (2) zombies (2)

LOL ( )
  Alyssa.Jocson | Aug 21, 2013 |
So stupid, but I can't front- it's written by a five-year-old. ( )
  stewartfritz | Apr 4, 2013 |
I couldn't quite finish this one because it was just a little too weird for me, but it was really fascinating stuff. The authors are two brothers... one, the artist, is 29, and the other, the writer, is 5. The stories that the five year old comes up with are at times hysterical and at times just stupid, but it's all just so INTERESTING. This book is half crazy graphic novel and half a psychological analysis of the adolescent mind. Really really unique. ( )
  4sarad | Jun 6, 2012 |
I don’t read many graphic novels. But my husband does, and he will inevitably pick up any that I bring into the house. He got about a third of the way through Axe Cop and gave it back to me saying it reminded him of Captain Underpants. After reading it myself, I have to agree with him. That’s not a criticism. Our son was a great fan of Captain Underpants and I will definitely be recommendingAxe Cop to him. I showed it to one young man who works in our library and he absolutely loved it. I can’t say that I enjoyed this graphic novel. But I am glad that I read it. ( )
  AngelaCinVA | Apr 24, 2012 |
Hah! Within the subgenre of hilarious superhero graphic novels, this series should win awards left and right. Incredible writing, character creation, and story evolution. Such a clever premise, too. This is a relaxing pleasure read that is sure to stretch the imagination (and what is better than that?).
  zzelinski | Mar 1, 2012 |

Malachai Nicolleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Nicolle, Ethanmain authorall editionsconfirmed
One day at the scene of a fire, the cop found the perfect fireman axe.

Follows the adventures of Axe Cop as he teams up with the ever-changing Flute Cop, recruits new members to his team, fights supernatural villains throughout the universe, and answers e-mail questions from fans.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,517,454 books! | Top bar: Always visible