Axe Cop, Vol. 1 by Malachai Nicolle

Axe Cop, Vol. 1 (original 2010; edition 2011)

by Malachai Nicolle, Ethan Nicolle

Info:Dark Horse (2011), Paperback, 144 pages
Collections:Best of the Best 2012, Read but unowned
Rating:*****
Tags:Comics

Axe Cop, Vol. 1 by Malachai Nicolle (2010)

English (13)  French (1)  English (14)
Whoopingly hilarious! This collaboration between a 29-year-old comic artist and his 5-year-old half-brother is laugh-out-loud funny. The wild, little-boy imagination runs riot: there are plenty of beheadings, explosions, killings, superheroes, awesome weapons, and too-convenient plot contrivances. The artist gives respectful graphic vision to these wild imaginings which not only cranks up the hilarity factor but also unexpectedly reveals sweet moments of child-like innocence and naivete. The Axe Cop advice pages are absolutely hysterical. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
OMG -- I can't believe I read this whole book. It was so stupid I couldn't stop because I had to see how absurd it could actually get. Overall, it was to absurd even for me. I really enjoyed a lot of the artwork. It got better as the book went. I liked the "Ask Axe Cop" sections the best. The stories are written by a 5 or 6 year old and it really feels that way. Some interesting characters, but then they would change into a robot or a zombie or something else and the inconsistency had my mind whirling. ( )
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
This was interesting and occasionally bizarre. There is just no better way to put it. An experiment where a five year old writes the story and a thirty year old illustrates it. Sometimes it's great and funny with fabulous chases and crazy weapons. Sometimes there is a definite reminder that a child is writing the story as things get more and more convoluted and difficult to understand/remember.
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Malachai Nicolleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Nicolle, Ethanmain authorall editionsconfirmed
One day at the scene of a fire, the cop found the perfect fireman axe.

Follows the adventures of Axe Cop as he teams up with the ever-changing Flute Cop, recruits new members to his team, fights supernatural villains throughout the universe, and answers e-mail questions from fans.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,660,460 books! | Top bar: Always visible