How to Speak Dragonese by Cressida Cowell

How to Speak Dragonese (2005)

by Cressida Cowell

Series: Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III (3)

The author has our hero take on the Romans. Probably the weakest plot of the three I have listened to, but still very entertaining. ( )
  addunn3 | Feb 15, 2018 |
Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III and friends are back for another adventure. Silly fun and the audiobooks are read by David Tennant. ( )
  bell7 | Aug 1, 2017 |
#3
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |
the hairy scary librarian.... ( )
  C.B.L. | Sep 12, 2016 |
Maybe it was the fact that the book was a bit too long, or maybe it was a bit easy; but anyhow, this book wasn't the best for me. The characters weren't my sort, I suppose, as I like more serious plots and things, not little cartoon characters and strange, wild haired Camicazis. It's a bit odd, really, how I liked the other books in this series about four or five stars out of five, and how this is now three, but it is how much I liked it, and I cannot lie to that.

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III is back. This time, though, his beloved dragon Toothless is lost, the secret identity of the Thin Prefect is not revealed until later through the book, and Hiccup and his best friend Fishlegs are nearly eaten by Sharkworms...

The end, it would be. But cowardly as they are, the two friends are clever, and with another 'Master Escaper' companion, they may well be able to escape from the Romans that capture them..

Or will they? Read more to find out.. ( )
  LaviniaRossetti | Sep 6, 2016 |

Cressida Cowellprimary authorall editionscalculated
Doyle, GerardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pitkänen, PeikkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tennant, DavidNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

AR 6.5, 5 Pts

Recounts the further escapades of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third as he continues his Viking training during which he escapes from a boatload of Roman soldiers and searches for his kidnapped dragon.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,980,353 books! | Top bar: Always visible