How to Speak Dragonese (Hiccup) by Cressida…

How to Speak Dragonese (Hiccup) (original 2005; edition 2005)

by Cressida Cowell

Member:Chris-86
Title:How to Speak Dragonese (Hiccup)
Authors:Cressida Cowell (Author)
Info:Hodder Children's Books (2005), Paperback, 240 pages
Collections:Your library, Read 2012
Rating:***1/2
Tags:junior fiction, British author, adventure, humour, Vikings, bravery, dragons, pirates, Romans

How to Speak Dragonese by Cressida Cowell (2005)

the hairy scary librarian.... ( )
  C.B.L. | Sep 12, 2016 |
Maybe it was the fact that the book was a bit too long, or maybe it was a bit easy; but anyhow, this book wasn't the best for me. The characters weren't my sort, I suppose, as I like more serious plots and things, not little cartoon characters and strange, wild haired Camicazis. It's a bit odd, really, how I liked the other books in this series about four or five stars out of five, and how this is now three, but it is how much I liked it, and I cannot lie to that.

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III is back. This time, though, his beloved dragon Toothless is lost, the secret identity of the Thin Prefect is not revealed until later through the book, and Hiccup and his best friend Fishlegs are nearly eaten by Sharkworms...

The end, it would be. But cowardly as they are, the two friends are clever, and with another 'Master Escaper' companion, they may well be able to escape from the Romans that capture them..

Or will they? Read more to find out.. ( )
  LaviniaRossetti | Sep 6, 2016 |
I read this book in an hour. It was an amazing hour. I'm so looking forward to the next 6 books. ( )
  MizPurplest | Sep 21, 2015 |
Hiccup and Fishlegs are learning how to board an enemy ship, but instead find a Roman battle ship and get taken hostage and made to fight in a gladiator arena. This series is very much for kids, but with David Tennant as the reader, I have to admit to enjoying them quite a lot. Funny characters, and lots of talk about poo and boogers for the little ones to enjoy. ( )
  -Eva- | Feb 28, 2015 |
My blog post about this book is at this link. ( )
  SuziQoregon | Oct 28, 2014 |

Cressida Cowellprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Doyle, GerardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pitkänen, PeikkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tennant, DavidNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

AR 6.5, 5 Pts

Recounts the further escapades of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third as he continues his Viking training during which he escapes from a boatload of Roman soldiers and searches for his kidnapped dragon.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,135,226 books! | Top bar: Always visible