Major Lord David by Sherry Lynn Ferguson

Major Lord David (edition 2013)

by Sherry Lynn Ferguson

Member:Maria1010
Title:Major Lord David
Authors:Sherry Lynn Ferguson
Info:
Tags:france, general 1800s, historical fiction, romance, winning goodreads books

Major Lord David by Sherry Lynn Ferguson

I really liked this book.
I never read a book about the Battle of Waterloo, so it was something new and interesting.
At first, when reading the book, I thought to myself that this was going to be the type where the couple was would just create their barriers. However, when Napoleon comes back to France and Major Lord David goes back off to battle to help, it took a new turn that kept my interest.
I think if you like the Jane Austin (characters' own stubbornness that either makes or breaks them) or Gone with the Wind (which I tend to associate with 1800 war eras/romance) type books, you would like this one. ( )
  Maria1010 | Feb 28, 2013 |

Decades of war with France are over and Napoleon Bonaparte is safely confined on Elba. Yet Major Lord David Trent finds his homecoming far from peaceful. His father, the Duke of Braughton, is determined to see his son wed, and he has a very specific bride in mind his neighbor's daughter. David cannot recall that the neighbor even has a daughter, much less one he might find appealing! And after years spent fighting on the Peninsula, he is in no mood to be ordered to court anyone. Wilhelmina Caswell has always been in love with Lord David, as her family is well aware. Her preference, and the designs of both their fathers, would seem to make the match inevitable. But as the spring of 1815 advances along with an emboldened Bonaparte, a looming battle threatens thousands of lives and one growing love at Waterloo.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:41 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,360,448 books! | Top bar: Always visible