The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet…

The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Robb Wolf, Loren Cordain (Foreword)

Member:CinderH
Title:The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet
Authors:Robb Wolf
Other authors:Loren Cordain (Foreword)
Info:Victory Belt Publishing (2010), Edition: Hardcover with Jacket, Hardcover, 320 pages
Rating:*****

The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet by Robb Wolf (2010)

A funny and convincing introduction to the Paleo diet, without fanaticism
  ritaer | Dec 15, 2013 |
It's an okay book. It champions one particular view of the paleo diet and that can be a bit misleading. Thinking has evolved to allow for different interpretations that are not mentioned in this book. This is not a bad book to read, but don't make it your only source of information about the paleo diet. ( )
  lente | Sep 6, 2013 |
Lots of useful information, if a little overly technical at times. Writing style is sometimes annoying. ( )
  anneearney | Mar 31, 2013 |
really technical. great recipes. some good highlights. could have been simplified but worth skimming. ( )
  okdork | Dec 21, 2012 |
Whether you're a fan or not of Paleo eating, exercise, or self-help books... this is one seriously entertaining read!!! Robb Wolf is hysterical, very tongue-in-cheek, and is not above smacking his readers around a little, but in a good way! He presents Paleo eating & lifestyle with humor, sarcasm, SCIENCE, and a heavy dose of reality.

Honestly, even if I wasn't interested in eating Paleo, I'd probably have enjoyed the book.

I read this one because I'd heard that a Paleo-style way of eating could be highly beneficial to my particular health issue, and my husband had actually been eating this way for several months without realizing that it was an actual well-known way of eating (and he's lost over 50 lbs since going low-carb, high-protein).

As of yesterday, I'm four weeks off grains, legumes, dairy, and refined sugar. I've made a few modifications of my own to the Paleo plan and I'm not one of the paleo police (ie. people who take things waaay too seriously... but you'll find that with any non-traditional way of eating), and aside from the health issues I'm dealing with, I feel amazing. My doctor also approved it and thought I looked great, which was so nice to hear.

...and it's not as hard as you might think when you hear "no grains." Do you eat a piece of chicken, or steak with your dinner? Some steamed veggies? A green salad? That's Paleo! You're probably already doing it some days of the week, and you didn't realize.

The book is hilarious and fantastic, and I've seen the honest, REAL results that eating and living this way (ie. exercising!!!) can have in my own life and my husband's life. Even if you're not interested in Paleo, it's a great read... and for skeptics, Wolf has pages and pages of references so you can check up on all the science points he discusses (which he encourages!).

Loved it. ( )
  dk_phoenix | Jul 19, 2012 |

Robb Wolfprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cordain, LorenForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
I want you to try a little observation game.

Presents a program designed to help people lose weight, look younger, and feel great based on a paleolithic diet of lean meats, seafood, nuts, seeds, and seasonal fruits and vetegables, combined with exercise, and includes a thirty-day meal plan and recipes.

Do you want to lose fat and stay young, all while avoiding cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and a host of other illnesses? The Paleo Solution incorporates the latest, cutting edge research from genetics, biochemistry and anthropology to help you look, feel and perform your best. Written by Robb Wolf, a research biochemist who traded in his lab coat and pocket protector for a whistle and a stopwatch to become one of the most sought after strength and conditioning coaches in the world. With Robb's unique perspective as both scientist and coach you will learn how simple nutrition, exercise and lifestyle changes can radically change your appearance and health for the better.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:32 -0400)

"The Paleolithic Solution" incorporates the latest, cutting-edge research from genetics, biochemistry, and anthropology to help a person look, feel, and perform his or her best.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,329,130 books! | Top bar: Always visible