Outlander, Books 1-7 by Diana Gabaldon

Outlander, Books 1-7

by Diana Gabaldon

The storytelling is amazing and the research is well done, but sometimes the author gets so involved in the details of the history that the narrative suffers. Regardless, Gabaldon has created some of the most fascinating and beloved characters in decades. ( )
  JenRThis | Sep 2, 2015 |
I read every book in this series. It is an exploration to say the least. I was riveted from the beginning and read all of them relatively quickly. I love the combination of science fiction, history, and romance that Gabaldon uses. Worthwhile read!
1 vote Teachersrule | Mar 7, 2013 |
Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series is my all-time favorite read... and I'm not your average spring chicken, just an aging readaholic who carries my current read with me from one spot to another in case I'll have a few minutes to read some more. A like-minded stranger recommended it to me with such fervor that I immediately collected it from my library and didn't stop until I'd read them all. Highly recommend this series and this author, and often do several times a week to the patrons of the library where I work. Diana Gabaldon is a highly educated and intelligent writer who weaves all the magical aspects of story-telling as if she were relating it to the reader on a one-to-one basis. I love the minutiae so blithely sprinkled throughout, which provides much education on subjects most of us think about but would never talk about, and more that is so extremely informative as to be educational. There's nothing highfalutin, just the facts and fantasy with loads of sensitized visualization tactics: all six of the senses are tantalized and engaged. ( )
2 vote copperkid | Jul 31, 2011 |

Diana Gabaldon's acclaimed Outlander series blends rich historical fiction with riveting adventure and a truly epic love story. Now, with this convenient seven-volume eBook bundle, discover the novels that have won Gabaldon millions of fans and introduced readers to the brilliant Claire Randall and valiant Highlander Jamie Fraser. "Great fun . . . marvelous and fantastic adventures, romance, sex . . . perfect escape reading."--San Francisco Chronicle, on Outlander The year is 1946. Claire Randall is a British ex-combat nurse on a postwar second honeymoon with her husband in the Scottish Highlands. Walking alone one afternoon, she passes through a circle of standing stones and is hurled back in time to a Scotland simmering with war in the year of our Lord 1743. Catapulted into an intrigue of rival clans and rising armies that threatens her life, she's obliged to wed James Fraser, a gallant young Scots warrior, as the only way to survive....… (more)

Diana Gabaldon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,738,791 books! | Top bar: Always visible