The Warlock by Michael Scott

The Warlock (2011)

by Michael Scott

Series: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (5)

English (31)  Dutch (2)  All languages (33)
I'm wondering if these books are better listened to than read... I think the story is great, but the writing feels unnatural and a little juvenile to me. The pace of the dialogue is usually off, and I'm thinking that hearing it narrated might fix some of that--people add inflections and pauses that you don't get when you're just reading. It's too bad I didn't think of it before now, but maybe for book six I'll try it out.

Also, in re that huge cliffhanger at the end (for those who've read it)... I TOTALLY knew something like that was coming. :)
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
Quality of writing seems to have degenerated and the story is rambling with little character development. ( )
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
The fight scenes in Danu Talis felt extremely drawn out. I loved Billy the Kid in this though. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Michael Scottprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gulik, Henny vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is for Anna,
sapientia et eloquentia
Nicolas Flamel is stervende.
Nicholas Flamel is dying.
In the fifth installment of this bestselling series, the twins of prophesy have been divided, and the end is finally beginning.

With Scatty, Joan of Arc, Saint Germain, Palamedes, and Shakespeare all in Danu Talis, Sophie is on her own with the ever-weakening Nicholas and Perenelle Flamel. She must depend on Niten to help her find an immortal to teach her Earth Magic. The surprise is that she will find her teacher in the most ordinary of places.

[retrieved from Amazon, 6/14/2012]

Fifteen-year-old Josh has chosen to side neither with his twin sister Sophie nor with the Alchemyst, Nicholas Flamel, but rather to fight alongside Dr. John Dee and the mysterious Virginia Dare, while the immortal Machiavelli and Billy the Kid follow the Elders' plans to set loose the monsters of Alcatraz on San Francisco and trigger the end of the humani race.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,254,683 books! | Top bar: Always visible