The Warlock by Michael Scott

The Warlock (2011)

by Michael Scott

Series: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (5)

English (20)  Dutch (2)  All languages (22)
as always great ending pieces coming together. would not have guessed. ( )
  ritapt | Jun 13, 2014 |
Another exciting chapter on the journey of the "wonder twins" to either save the earth or destroy it. I am not sure how I'll feel about this series until it's over. My daughter really enjoys it, which is a huge factor in how I decide whether a series is a hit or not, but I am wondering if the pay out is going to be worth the huge build up the books have had. One more book and I suppose I'll know.

This was a good book. Entertaining and full of adventure. I guess what's bugging me is the fact that the brother and sister have been separated and one is supposedly fated to be a dark force in the fate of the world--even though both kids are normally good kids. I won't be sure how I feel about that story line until I see how it resolves. ( )
  Clare_M | May 25, 2014 |
Excellent book based on different mythological and historical figures. I really enjoy the series. Each book leaves the reader wanting more. Teachers can incorporate a research project based on story characters. ( )
  AmberEgan | Apr 25, 2014 |
This book is the fifth book in a series about the adventures of Nicholas Flamel and others in his world. The characters in this book either want to save the ancient city of Danu Talis, which would mean the destruction of what is the current world, while others want the city to fall as it did in the past in order to save the present world. The Warlock begins, where the 4th book ended, Josh (the gold twin), John Dee, and Virginia Dare are fleeing from Dee's burning office. Josh feels Sophie has betrayed him. in his eyes, by whipping a creature he had just brought into the world. Sophie thinks Josh has been corrupted by Dee and Josh feels Sophie has been deceived by the Flamels. The majority of our heroes are in Danu Talis, trying to ensure that it falls as it is meant to. This second to the last book in the series moves along quickly, with a lot of action, history, mythology and tension. The only disappointment is that the Twins are separated and this changes the tone of the books considerably. I can’t wait to get to the 6th and last book the Enchantress. 4 out of 5 stars. ( )
  marsap | Oct 14, 2013 |
Wtffff... See if I only had these kinds of books all the time, I will never need the internet. Never, ever. The most entertained I've ever been on a plane ride. ( )
  autumnleaving | Sep 27, 2013 |

Michael Scottprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gulik, Henny vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is for Anna,
sapientia et eloquentia
Nicolas Flamel is stervende.
Nicholas Flamel is dying.
In the fifth installment of this bestselling series, the twins of prophesy have been divided, and the end is finally beginning.

With Scatty, Joan of Arc, Saint Germain, Palamedes, and Shakespeare all in Danu Talis, Sophie is on her own with the ever-weakening Nicholas and Perenelle Flamel. She must depend on Niten to help her find an immortal to teach her Earth Magic. The surprise is that she will find her teacher in the most ordinary of places.

[retrieved from Amazon, 6/14/2012]

Fifteen-year-old Josh has chosen to side neither with his twin sister Sophie nor with the Alchemyst, Nicholas Flamel, but rather to fight alongside Dr. John Dee and the mysterious Virginia Dare, while the immortal Machiavelli and Billy the Kid follow the Elders' plans to set loose the monsters of Alcatraz on San Francisco and trigger the end of the humani race.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,468,054 books! | Top bar: Always visible