The Warlock by Michael Scott

The Warlock (2011)

by Michael Scott

Series: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (5)

726None12,889 (3.99)13

English (17)  Dutch (2)  All languages (19)
This book is the fifth book in a series about the adventures of Nicholas Flamel and others in his world. The characters in this book either want to save the ancient city of Danu Talis, which would mean the destruction of what is the current world, while others want the city to fall as it did in the past in order to save the present world. The Warlock begins, where the 4th book ended, Josh (the gold twin), John Dee, and Virginia Dare are fleeing from Dee's burning office. Josh feels Sophie has betrayed him. in his eyes, by whipping a creature he had just brought into the world. Sophie thinks Josh has been corrupted by Dee and Josh feels Sophie has been deceived by the Flamels. The majority of our heroes are in Danu Talis, trying to ensure that it falls as it is meant to. This second to the last book in the series moves along quickly, with a lot of action, history, mythology and tension. The only disappointment is that the Twins are separated and this changes the tone of the books considerably. I can’t wait to get to the 6th and last book the Enchantress. 4 out of 5 stars. ( )
  marsap | Oct 14, 2013 |
Wtffff... See if I only had these kinds of books all the time, I will never need the internet. Never, ever. The most entertained I've ever been on a plane ride. ( )
  autumnleaving | Sep 27, 2013 |
I had to finally give up on this series. There were just too many characters from too many different mythologies it broke the suspension of disbelief for me. Wish it had been a three our four book series.
  alsatia | May 11, 2013 |
I loved this book, I read the entire think in one day on my kindle... It was awesome.. the ending was so intense can't wait till the enchantress ( )
  potterwholockian | Apr 2, 2013 |
I went through most of the book thinking this was the last in the series, with the pace quickening and things looking like they were getting to a big final battle... but it was not, and there was a satisfyingly great cliffhanger ending. Looking forward to the next book - I really enjoy the way the author puts together so many different myths from other cultures and regions. ( )
  sriemann | Mar 31, 2013 |

Michael Scottprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gulik, Henny vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is for Anna,
sapientia et eloquentia
Nicolas Flamel is stervende.
Nicholas Flamel is dying.
In the fifth installment of this bestselling series, the twins of prophesy have been divided, and the end is finally beginning.

With Scatty, Joan of Arc, Saint Germain, Palamedes, and Shakespeare all in Danu Talis, Sophie is on her own with the ever-weakening Nicholas and Perenelle Flamel. She must depend on Niten to help her find an immortal to teach her Earth Magic. The surprise is that she will find her teacher in the most ordinary of places.

[retrieved from Amazon, 6/14/2012]

Fifteen-year-old Josh has chosen to side neither with his twin sister Sophie nor with the Alchemyst, Nicholas Flamel, but rather to fight alongside Dr. John Dee and the mysterious Virginia Dare, while the immortal Machiavelli and Billy the Kid follow the Elders' plans to set loose the monsters of Alcatraz on San Francisco and trigger the end of the humani race.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,418,976 books! | Top bar: Always visible