Silence (Hush, Hush) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence (Hush, Hush) (edition 2011)

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Member:bookwyrmm
Title:Silence (Hush, Hush)
Authors:Becca Fitzpatrick
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2011), Hardcover, 448 pages
Tags:audio book

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Easily my favorite of the series thus far! ( )
  Jenna.Czaplewski | Jul 3, 2014 |
I'm making good progress through this series. On to book three already and looking like I will officially be done with this saga/sequence/whatever in the next couple of days. Thank goodness. I know what you're thinking, I could have stopped anytime. But let's face it, that's just not me. I will read bad books just to be reading something, no matter how angry I get at characters (authors generally spare most of my wrath, maybe unfairly).

In Silence, it took a whole 47 pages before Nora started to piss me off, probably because she had lost her memory. She was somewhat pleasant before she went traipsing through the cemetery in the middle of the night only a day or so after being returned by her kidnapper. Good idea, Nora! Watch me slap my head into the desk. I thought it was going to be okay until we had to watch her fall in love with Creepy Stalker Angel Lover Boy Patch all over again. That, I definitely did not need. Was not any more fun the second time round, I assure you.

These books are getting tiresome and it's getting harder to write reviews. I know I don't like Nora or Patch, so I am hardened toward these books already, before I start. But it's hard not to. They just feel all the same. Before I started writing this review I started reading book four, Finale and now I'm having trouble separating the two. There isn't much to distinguish any of the four books and once they're behind me and I've moved on to other books, I just know I won't remember them. Just how much I didn't like them.

So there's not a whole lot else to say: Nora does some yelling at Patch for stupid reasons, Nora goes traipsing around getting herself into dangerous situations, not much of Vee or even Marcie in this one, Nora's mother is ignoring her even after Nora's been missing for months. Oh and Scott's around too. These are very strange characters and I just can't attach to them. It makes it so much harder to enjoy. The fallen angels vs. the Nephilium is the only part of the story I actually like. But it keeps getting overshadowed by Nora and Patch's undying love. I couldn't care less about that! Sigh...

So I've got one more book to go, I can do this! And put this whole series behind me forever. 2.5 stars for Silence. What's the go with these titles anyway? ( )
  crashmyparty | Jun 22, 2014 |
This one was probably my favourite out of the three simply because it was so interesting with her amnesia. I enjoyed how she discovered more and more things about the months of her life that had been wiped from her memory. I enjoyed the relationship with her and 'Jev'. I liked the flashbacks and the bonus chapter of Nora and Patch's first encounter- that she didn't know about because he'd erased it from her memory.
It was well written, interesting, and I'm looking forward to reading the next one. It ended on a good cliffhanger too.
It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I think its definitely worth a read even if it isn't something you'd normally choose. ( )
  IceMaiden786 | May 31, 2014 |
I thought the first half of this one was awesome, and then it kind of dropped off a bit in awesomeness. It was still good/interesting, but I thought she was going to knock it totally out of the park, and then it seemed like she kind of got tired. Writing is hard, yo.

Liked #2 the best so far. On to #4. :) ( )
  fefferbooks | May 12, 2014 |
Nora Grey is applied and the typical good girl, who never get carried away or get into trouble . SHe lives with his mother on a farm outside of Portland. While living with her mother , She spends more time at work than with her daughter. Since her husband died not too long ago , so Nora spends a lot of time alone , but with her best friend Vee .
When a young repeater dark hair and brown eyes whose name is Patch becomes her new partner Biology , Nora 's life is turned upside down . She feels a strong attraction to Patch while a terrible fear . What Nora does not know that from know , hes life is in grave danger.

I liked the idea of this book, I found it interesting and the idea of ​​a different guy, with a darker personality, we 're not your typical perfect guy with a dazzling personality , I liked it .
The story is slow in the beginning , like all the early sagas. In this book I thought the author was going well above things that might be relevant , and at times I missed descriptions and other left over me . Hardly any action until the end, that's when I really started to engage . And when he had recounted action was so bad , it looks like nothing has happened when something really important happened .

The story is different as I said, but only on the side of Patch and Nora not though because the girl I liked him , though it sometimes makes really reckless things , especially being in the situation you are in, I found very typical , that good girl who falls for the bad boy, expected it more original.
The mystery is a very good point , accompanies us throughout all pages , giving that touch is missing , lacking action scenes in most of the book. The intrigue of knowing what will happen made ​​me continue a little hooked and keep reading and reading until the end , where there yes , we finally have all the action scenes , much better recounted everything to be said, you both have missed what throughout the book.
  NathaliePolanco | Apr 29, 2014 |

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The sleek black Audi rolled to a stop in the parking lot over looking the cemetery, but non of the three men inside had any intention of paying respects to the dead.

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.

Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for -- and their love -- forever.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,477,959 books! | Top bar: Always visible