Silence (Hush, Hush) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence (Hush, Hush) (edition 2011)

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Member:bookwyrmm
Title:Silence (Hush, Hush)
Authors:Becca Fitzpatrick
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2011), Hardcover, 448 pages
Tags:audio book

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

This series is absolutely amazing. While there were parts of Crescendo that I didn't like, Silence more than made up for it.

forsakenfates | Aug 25, 2014 |
As my first real romance saga, I thought this was amazing! This book wasn't as suspenseful or dark as the other two books before, but there was still a good twist in events. I will finish this book and make a romance shelf because I loved this book! ( )
  siquebella | Jul 29, 2014 |
Easily my favorite of the series thus far! ( )
  Jenna.Czaplewski | Jul 3, 2014 |
I'm making good progress through this series. On to book three already and looking like I will officially be done with this saga/sequence/whatever in the next couple of days. Thank goodness. I know what you're thinking, I could have stopped anytime. But let's face it, that's just not me. I will read bad books just to be reading something, no matter how angry I get at characters (authors generally spare most of my wrath, maybe unfairly).

In Silence, it took a whole 47 pages before Nora started to piss me off, probably because she had lost her memory. She was somewhat pleasant before she went traipsing through the cemetery in the middle of the night only a day or so after being returned by her kidnapper. Good idea, Nora! Watch me slap my head into the desk. I thought it was going to be okay until we had to watch her fall in love with Creepy Stalker Angel Lover Boy Patch all over again. That, I definitely did not need. Was not any more fun the second time round, I assure you.

These books are getting tiresome and it's getting harder to write reviews. I know I don't like Nora or Patch, so I am hardened toward these books already, before I start. But it's hard not to. They just feel all the same. Before I started writing this review I started reading book four, Finale and now I'm having trouble separating the two. There isn't much to distinguish any of the four books and once they're behind me and I've moved on to other books, I just know I won't remember them. Just how much I didn't like them.

So there's not a whole lot else to say: Nora does some yelling at Patch for stupid reasons, Nora goes traipsing around getting herself into dangerous situations, not much of Vee or even Marcie in this one, Nora's mother is ignoring her even after Nora's been missing for months. Oh and Scott's around too. These are very strange characters and I just can't attach to them. It makes it so much harder to enjoy. The fallen angels vs. the Nephilium is the only part of the story I actually like. But it keeps getting overshadowed by Nora and Patch's undying love. I couldn't care less about that! Sigh...

So I've got one more book to go, I can do this! And put this whole series behind me forever. 2.5 stars for Silence. What's the go with these titles anyway? ( )
  crashmyparty | Jun 22, 2014 |
This one was probably my favourite out of the three simply because it was so interesting with her amnesia. I enjoyed how she discovered more and more things about the months of her life that had been wiped from her memory. I enjoyed the relationship with her and 'Jev'. I liked the flashbacks and the bonus chapter of Nora and Patch's first encounter- that she didn't know about because he'd erased it from her memory.
It was well written, interesting, and I'm looking forward to reading the next one. It ended on a good cliffhanger too.
It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I think its definitely worth a read even if it isn't something you'd normally choose. ( )
  IceMaiden786 | May 31, 2014 |

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The sleek black Audi rolled to a stop in the parking lot over looking the cemetery, but non of the three men inside had any intention of paying respects to the dead.

Quand elle se reveille dans le cimetière où se repose son père depuis des années , Nora est perdue . Que fait elle ici en pleine nuit ? Et qui est cet étrange personage vêtu de noir dont l'image la poursuit ? Sous le choc , la jeune fille va comprendre qu'elle a disparu depuis plusieurs mois et qu'elle ne garde aucun souvenir de cette période . En allant à la recherche de son histoire, Nora ignore qu'elle s'engage dans un conflit séculaire dont il lui sera difficile de sortir indemne .

Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for -- and their love -- forever.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,669,034 books! | Top bar: Always visible