Silence (Hush, Hush) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence (Hush, Hush) (edition 2011)

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Title:Silence (Hush, Hush)
Authors:Becca Fitzpatrick
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2011), Hardcover, 448 pages
Tags:audio book

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

I thought the first book in the series, [b:Hush, Hush|6339664|Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)|Becca Fitzpatrick|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1311064637s/6339664.jpg|6525609], was the best in terms of how engrossed I was in the story. The second one, [b:Crescendo|7791997|Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)|Becca Fitzpatrick|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1287834477s/7791997.jpg|6867038], was better in that it had a lot more going on and focused on more characters. This book, to me, was the worst. Nora, the main character, is tiresome; I no longer find her naivete endearing, she hasn't matured at all. The overall story is still pretty good, but reading it from Nora's perspective really takes away from my enjoyment of it.

In short: If you like the first two, this one will not disappoint. ( )
  rawrrbot | Sep 15, 2015 |
I kind of liked it but not a lot. Not sure why I feel this series went downhill after the first book, I seem to be in the minority on that. Not sure if I want to keep reading the books in this series. Just not compelling enough. ( )
  KR_Patterson | Apr 28, 2015 |
Read this WAY too long after the first two; really liked the series but should have reread book one and two before jumping into this one because now I don't feel like I can give it a fair review so I won't even try. ( )
  JRlibrary | Feb 7, 2015 |
Contemporary, Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult

Coldwater, Maine

Nora Grey wakes up in a cemetery only to realize that she can’t remember the last several months and that she has been missing for weeks. Nora tries to resume her daily life by hanging out with her best friend, Vee, dealing with school and avoiding her mother’s new boyfriend who is very creepy. As she struggles to put the pieces together she can’t help feeling that everyone knows more about her disappearance than she does.

Now Nora has met a stranger that is very mysterious and that she finds she is both drawn to and afraid of. At least he is able to shed some light on her memory loss. Unfortunately this leads Nora to find out that she is about to embark on the fight of her life and that she is in the middle of ancient enemies that is almost more than she can comprehend. If that wasn’t enough she is also falling in love. With all the strange occurrences happenings it bring the feeling that she has already done this before.

This is another great story in a series that is proving hard to forget. Watching Nora go through all the trials she is going through and how she deals with all the obstacles thrown in her path makes for a story that keeps readers turning the pages just to see how it will all turn out. It is a different take on fallen angels that makes for an intriguing read. The story comes to life with all the details provided in the story and yet it doesn’t overwhelm the reader with too much to take in. This one will also have readers wanting to read the last book in the series just to see how everything will eventually turn out for Nora and those she loves and cares about. It is also a story that will have readers wanting to read more from this author. ( )
  lrhubble | Oct 18, 2014 |
In this installment of the "Hush Hush" series, we find that Nora has had her memory wiped clean and has just returned to the land of the living after missing for 3 months. Included in that memory loss is her love for Patch, and her knowledge of Scott, her father, fallen angels, Nephilim, and pretty much everything that made us enjoy reading about her for the past two books. Gradually, her memory returns and when it does - watch out! The action we've grown to know and love, along with the heated romance between her and Patch, is renewed once more. ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Riley and Jace xoxo
The sleek black Audi rolled to a stop in the parking lot over looking the cemetery, but non of the three men inside had any intention of paying respects to the dead.
Harrison Grey A Devoted Husband and Father Died March 16, 2008
Just because your home doesn't mean your safe.

Quand elle se reveille dans le cimetière où se repose son père depuis des années , Nora est perdue . Que fait elle ici en pleine nuit ? Et qui est cet étrange personage vêtu de noir dont l'image la poursuit ? Sous le choc , la jeune fille va comprendre qu'elle a disparu depuis plusieurs mois et qu'elle ne garde aucun souvenir de cette période . En allant à la recherche de son histoire, Nora ignore qu'elle s'engage dans un conflit séculaire dont il lui sera difficile de sortir indemne .

Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for -- and their love -- forever.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,722,003 books! | Top bar: Always visible