Silence (Hush, Hush) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence (Hush, Hush) (edition 2011)

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Member:bookwyrmm
Title:Silence (Hush, Hush)
Authors:Becca Fitzpatrick
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2011), Hardcover, 448 pages
Tags:audio book

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence starts with Nora being found and having no memory of who kidnapped her. As the story continues her memory is slowly revealed. Patch is now Jev? Scott is in and out of hiding & the Black Hand is playing mind tricks. I enjoyed this book, but wouldn't say it is the best in the series. There is tons of suspense and little romance. While Scott & Patch are both back in the picture, Nora leans more towards Patch -Like Always. You can probably tell I am team Scott all the way!! I found this book to have alot of good parts, but they never really added up to the finish I expected. Still going to read book #4.... Hopefully the series ends with a bang ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Oct 7, 2016 |
Certainly not as good as the first two in the series, but it was okay. Seems more like a transitional book, so I'm cutting Fitzpatrick some slack. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Still loving these books! Vee has annoyed me once again, but maybe it's just a personality thing. I keep hoping to see her change her tune and starting being FULLY supportive of Nora instead of just when she wants to be. Maybe in book 4? Patch, Nora, Scott, love them all, the dynamic is not like a love triangle and I like that difference in this series. The action and adventure and mystery is still super fast paced and keeps me wanting to read until I drop. I'm anxious to see how Nora handles her new life in book 4. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I remember the first time I read Hush Hush, it wasn't just that the cover was breathtaking with silver, black, white and red, it was filled with thriller, sexiness (Patch!) and edginess Vee and Nora. I loved the first book so much that I read it 3 times. I can't wait to finish this book and see how everything will end in Finale. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Silence is the third book in the Hush Hush saga and I think this was my favorite in the series so far. Click here for the link to Barnes and Noble if you would like to read the official synopsis.

At the end of the second book, we have a cliff hanger when Nora and Patch were overtaken at Delphic Amusement Park and separated. I had to get the next book right away to see what was going to happen. We begin this third book with Nora being found three months later and remembering nothing of the last five months of her life... that's right, five months. Which means, all memories of Patch are also gone and it seems like no one, not her mom, or her best friend Vee, want her to remember him. This annoyed me a bit at first because it was just another wrench thrown into the story to keep them from being together a bit longer. I predicted however, that this couldn't last long and I was right. Once I read the first couple of chapters, I couldn't put the book down.

The author did an excellent job with Nora's search for her memories. Nora was smart and determined and her character in my opinion was more admirable than in the first two books. I really enjoyed her journey toward the truth. Slowly, little pieces begin to come back to her through a combination of instinct, flashes of memory, and strange occurrences. Patch enters her life again, somewhat reluctantly at first, but then can't stay away and finally tells her what really happened when she was taken. Once she puts it all together, she and Patch must try to stop the villain, who threatens everyone she loves. Vee and Scott Parnell, also known as "Scottie the Hottie" both return for a smaller part in this story but I got the impression toward the end that they will both have a bigger role in the final book.

This book, like many others I have read (City of Bones, Twilight, The Host, etc.), has a set of rival groups with several individuals in each who don't agree with the majority. Those characters usually end up working together for the greater good. In this book we have Patch, who is a fallen angel, and Scott, who is Nephilim, who in my prediction for the next book, will work as a team to help Nora on her quest to stop the brewing war between the two groups. Will there be a love triangle? I don't think so this late in the series but you never know.

I won't spoil the ending of the book but I was definitely satisfied and look forward to the final installment of the series, which I will most likely purchase today. My hopes...well, I always like a good deal of adventure, a little romance, some suspense, and an ultimately happy ending. I guess I will have to wait and see if those hopes become a reality. :) ( )
  Lagnella | Mar 4, 2016 |

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionscalculated
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Riley and Jace xoxo
The sleek black Audi rolled to a stop in the parking lot over looking the cemetery, but non of the three men inside had any intention of paying respects to the dead.
Harrison Grey A Devoted Husband and Father Died March 16, 2008
Just because your home doesn't mean your safe.

Quand elle se reveille dans le cimetière où se repose son père depuis des années , Nora est perdue . Que fait elle ici en pleine nuit ? Et qui est cet étrange personage vêtu de noir dont l'image la poursuit ? Sous le choc , la jeune fille va comprendre qu'elle a disparu depuis plusieurs mois et qu'elle ne garde aucun souvenir de cette période . En allant à la recherche de son histoire, Nora ignore qu'elle s'engage dans un conflit séculaire dont il lui sera difficile de sortir indemne .

Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for -- and their love -- forever.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,789,861 books! | Top bar: Always visible