City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments) by…

City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments) (edition 2012)

by Cassandra Clare

2,5201142,403 (4.04)39
Member:natalieleclerc
Title:City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments)
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Info:Margaret K. McElderry Books (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 544 pages

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

English (109)  Italian (2)  All languages (111)
I just couldn't finish this. It seemed like the same thing over and over again. ( )
  Electablue | Apr 20, 2016 |
As always, this installment of The Mortal Instruments kept me enthralled to the very end. I was sad through the beginning, nervous and anxious through about all of it, and now I just can't believe my rotten luck that I have to wait to 2014 for the next one. Cassandra Clare's world of nephilim and downworlders leaps off the page at you and creates this universe that you just don't want to put down. Since book one, Clary and Jace have remained in my head for weeks after finishing a book. The struggle between good and evil, the romance between many characters, the heartbreak of defeats and the joy at triumphs, these books are epic. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
[Tuesday, November 30, 2010] City of Lost Souls (scheduled May, 2012).

[Monday, ‎March ‎05, ‎2012] Did I say how much I'm in LOVE with this cover?!

[‎Saturday, ‎May ‎26, ‎2012] I got my copy yesterday! Yay!! When Jace vanishes with Sebastian, Clary and the Shadowhunters struggle to piece together their shattered world and Clary infiltrates the group planning the world's destruction.

[Saturday, ‎August ‎18, ‎2012] Since I got the book, I've been dying to actually sit and read it but with my crazy workaholic life I had NO time, so I got the audio-book, I already finished part I so I was looking forward to continue but when I heard who was reading I got so upset. It's the same chick who read "Wolves of Mercy Fall" series and I HATE her voice... it makes me so SO so sleepy... I wished that the first girl would be reading from City of Bones. Now I have to go sleepy to see what will happen to Jace and Clary!!

[‎Saturday, ‎January ‎26, ‎2013] For a moment there I almost had a stroke! I wanted Clary to do the right thing but at the same time... it's Jace! My favorite!! But all in all it was kind of a happy ending. By the way I love Maia and Jordan together! ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
[Tuesday, November 30, 2010] City of Lost Souls (scheduled May, 2012).

[Monday, ‎March ‎05, ‎2012] Did I say how much I'm in LOVE with this cover?

[Saturday, ‎August ‎18, ‎2012] Since I got the book, I've been dying to actually sit and read it but with my crazy workaholic life I had NO time, so I got the audio-book, I already finished part 1 so I was looking forward to continue but when I heard who was reading I got so upset. It's the same chick who read "Wolves of Mercy Fall" series and I HATE her voice... it makes me so SO so sleepy... I wished that the first girl would be reading from City of Bones. Now I have to go sleepy to see what will happen to Jace and Clary!!

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gordon, RussellCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rosamilia, MikeDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
No man chooses evil because it is evil.
He only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks.
- Mary Wollstonecraft
Love is a familiar. Love is a devil. There is no evil angel but Love.
-William Shakespeare,Love's Labour's Lost
I love you as one loves certain dark things
-Pablo Neruda, "Sonnet XVII"
All changed utterly:
A terrible beauty is born.

-William Butler Yeats, "Easter, 1916"
For Nao,
Tim, David,
and Ben
"How much longer will the verdict take, do you think?" Clary asked. - Chapter 1
Simon stood and stared numbly at the front door of his house. - Prologue
(p 155)

Simon, I've been trying to call you, bit it seems like
your phone is turned off. I don't know where your are
right now. I don't know if Clary's already told you
what happened tonight. But I have to go to Magnus's
and I'd really like you to be there.

I'm never scared, but I'm scared for Jace. I'm scared
for my brother. I never ask you for anything, Simon,
but I'm asking you now. Please come.

Isabelle.
(p 379)

Now this is the Law of the Jungle,
as old and as true as the sky,
And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk,
the Law runneth forward and back;
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf,
and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
(p 388-389)

To mirror when she straightaway
And did her ebon hair array
And for her gown she much did pay.
Then down she walked along the street,
A handsome lad she chanced to meet,
And sore by dawn were her dainty feet,
But all the boys were gay.
(p 432)

Black for hunting through the night
For death and sorrow, the color's white.
Gold for a bride in her wedding gown,
And red to call enchantment down."

Can the lost be reclaimed? What price is too high to pay for love? Who can be trusted when sin and salvation collide?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge.

Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,252,679 books! | Top bar: Always visible