City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments) by…

City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments) (edition 2012)

by Cassandra Clare

Member:natalieleclerc
Title:City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments)
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Info:Margaret K. McElderry Books (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 544 pages

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

English (79)  Italian (2)  All languages (81)
Two words for my review: HOLY COW! ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
Loved this book! Can't believe I have to wait almost 2 months for the next one.. ( )
  Tiffy83 | Aug 11, 2014 |
Actual Rating: 3.5/5 stars

So... This is full of spoiler-y stuffs. I just reread it so I could remember what happened and then read the last one. I'm not in such a hurry to read City of Heavenly Fire but I might as well start with it so I won't forget things..

So here's my thoughts about this one:

Clary. Woah. This made me remember her stubbornness. She's reckless and impatient. She asks for permission about some things but when she's not allowed to do it, she do it anyway. I don't like the way that she always gets what she wants. But still, I liked her loyalty to her friends and loved ones.

Simon. Oh goodness I forgot how funny Simon could be.

"You don't just get to say no."
"This plan involves me! I get to say no. No!"
"Simon-"
Simon patted the seat beside him as if someone was sitting there. "Let me introduce you to my good friend no."

Pity that he's just the friend. Anyway, I totally ship him with Isabelle. Ugh, just the pride. As if that could help you.

Aww. Alec. It's so sad that Magnus chose to leave him. I think that he's also the one to blame since he didn't trust Magnus that much. You cannot love someone without trusting them. It's because when you love, you give a part of yourself. I wish they would fix things between them though.

Sebastian. One word. Ew. I can't believe I shipped him with Clary before. Mind you, that was only for a minute but still.. Ew. Ugh. I wish he would die. And he would, of course. But after having some casualties.

Ugh. I'm not emotionally invested at this series like I am with The Infernal Devices (I LOVED THAT ONE!) but still.. Cassandra Clare don't you dare kill so many people!!

Okay. There you go. ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
Actual Rating: 3.5/5 stars

So here's my thoughts about this one:

Simon. Oh goodness I forgot how funny Simon could be.

"You don't just get to say no."
"This plan involves me! I get to say no. No!"
"Simon-"

Okay. There you go. ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gordon, RussellCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rosamilia, MikeDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Can the lost be reclaimed? What price is too high to pay for love? Who can be trusted when sin and salvation collide?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge.

Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.

When Jace vanishes with Sebastian, Clary and the Shadowhunters struggle to piece together their shattered world and Clary infiltrates the group planning the world's destruction.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,707,506 books! | Top bar: Always visible