City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments) by…

City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments) (edition 2012)

by Cassandra Clare

Member:natalieleclerc
Title:City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments)
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Info:Margaret K. McElderry Books (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 544 pages

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

English (86)  Italian (2)  All languages (88)
just okay as usual. the main character in this series is just lacking. ( )
  jodiesohl | Oct 9, 2014 |
I am loving this series with its multitude of quirky and paranormal characters! Still, I have to say, does Jace have to suffer some sort of personality change/possession/blinding with an evil person in every book? I'm really hoping he stays normal Jace in the next book, because his ever changing personality and loyalties (though he always comes back to the right side in the end) are getting a little tiresome. Nevertheless, this book is well worth reading. I enjoy Simon, Isabelle, Maia, Jordan, Magnus, and Alec just as much (if not more!) than Jace and Clary. Fun reading! ( )
  wagner.sarah35 | Oct 5, 2014 |
At the end of “City of Fallen Angels,” Sebastian compelled Jace to mix their blood by using the ancient twinning rune created by his demonic mother. With Jace completely under his power Sebastian rose from the dead, took Jace, and vanished. Since Jace and Sebastian are now inextricably linked, neither can be hurt without feeling each other’s pain. Knowing the Clave will kill Jace to get to Sebastian, Clary frantically tries to locate him. Read the rest of the review on my blog: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2014/06/19/city-of-lost-souls-cassandra-... ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
This one took a little longer to read, mostly because I had so much other stuff to get through and do. The story is just as good as ever, but I think that due to the time gap between the last book and this book, I had lost momentum with the story and had a harder time getting into it. I was hoping for some resolution at the end of this book, but in the end, they are back to Clary and Jace being together and Sebastion is on the loose (again), threatening to come back. We all know this means there will be a book 6 and this battle will continue on. Sadly, even the romance between Clary and Jace is getting old. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I need something fresh from this series. ( )
  recipe_addict | Sep 21, 2014 |
  recipe_addict | Sep 21, 2014 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gordon, RussellCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rosamilia, MikeDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Can the lost be reclaimed? What price is too high to pay for love? Who can be trusted when sin and salvation collide?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge.

Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.

When Jace vanishes with Sebastian, Clary and the Shadowhunters struggle to piece together their shattered world and Clary infiltrates the group planning the world's destruction.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,484,698 books! | Top bar: Always visible