Fated by S.G. Browne

Title:Fated
Authors:S.G. Browne
Info:NAL Trade (2010), Paperback, 368 pages

Fated by S. G. Browne

3.5 stars! This is a story of a love so powerful it can heal broken people. An abused girl grows up unable to feel emotions. When she takes a temp job for a hot wealthy photographer she never even considered they would have a connection so deep they cannot resist a slow build up of heated desire. the story unfolds from Laurens POV and her healing from the pain of her past and her brave lay it all out there honesty was refreshing. Caedan is a paradox, hot artsy womanizer that has never had anything more than sexual relationship with a long list of women. All that changes in a lust at first sight moment. His father had obsessive love issues that ends in tragedy and Caedan has made it his job to not ever fall in love.

I don't want you to miss out on the emotional roller coaster of this book so I will not discuss the ending. I will say that it is satisfying and hopeful.

sharonhd | Mar 13, 2014 |
What if you were Fate? You could see what is down people's paths based on the choices they make? Your best friend is Death and you have a frenemy in Destiny. You hang out with Gluttony, Sloth, Temptation, etc....and answer to the big guy... This is the premise of Fated. So funny and touching. Fabio is fate and is in a rut. His people just make bad decision after bad decision and he just can't bring himself to care anymore. After all, it's their decisions to make. Until Fabio meets a mortal that changes his life completely.

I loved this book. It is so touching and funny and just amazing. I highly recommend it. Better than Breathers, which I also loved. ( )
  bookwormteri | Feb 14, 2014 |
This is a clever combination of Greek/Roman mythological gods shown as underlings working for the Christian God, who goes by the name Jerry. Fate is getting a little complacent, a little sloppy in his work, and then he falls in love with a human. The ending actually surprised me yet made sense - I guess you could say it was "fated." ( )
  michellebarton | Dec 11, 2013 |
I really liked this one, it had some good steamy moments, and some good angsty moments! Overall an intriguing read but I got a little dulled with the same old sex scenes. She could have cut a few out and it wouldn't have taken away from the book. ( )
  asgwilli | Dec 2, 2013 |
Once again, a poorly written book based on an interesting premise reminds me that I'm kind of a snob. I cannot help but wish a different writer had this idea first. Oh wait, he did, and it was called American Gods. I'm not sure I'm going to make it through this before it's due back at the library. ( )
  templetonbreaks | Mar 29, 2013 |
For my parents. Thank you for believing.
Rule #1: Don't get involved.
The thing about Destiny is that she's a nymphomaniac.
The thing about Sloth is that he's narcoleptic.
The thing about Gluttony is that he's lactose intolerant.

From the acclaimed author of Breathers--an irreverent novel about fate, destiny, and the karmic consequences of getting involved with humans.

Over the past few thousand years, Fabio has come to hate his job. As Fate, he's in charge of assigning the fortunes and misfortunes that befall most of the human race-the 83% who keep screwing things up.

Frustrated with his endless parade of drug addicts and career politicians, Fate has to watch Destiny guide her people to Nobel Peace Prizes and Super Bowl MVPs. To make matters worse, he has a five- hundred-year-old feud with Death, and his best friends are Sloth and Gluttony. And worst of all? He's fallen in love with a human.

Getting involved with a human breaks Rule #1, and about ten others, setting off some cosmic-sized repercussions that could strip him of his immortality-or lead to a fate worse than death.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:57 -0400)

It's a grind, working the Fate Radar and the Fate Generator program and reporting to Jehovah--known here as Jerry--who believes Fate's work has grown sloppy. Even his no-contact romance with Destiny has become distinctly unfulfilling. Then he falls in forbidden love with human Sara Griffen, and once he reveals his true self to her, their relationship is drastically transformed, and, naturally, big consequences threaten to crush him--Booklist.… (more)

S. G. Browne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

S. G. Browne chatted with LibraryThing members from Nov 8, 2010 to Nov 22, 2010. Read the chat.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fated by S. G. Browne was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,494,930 books! | Top bar: Always visible