Just Being Audrey by Margaret Cardillo

Just Being Audrey (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Margaret Cardillo, Julia Denos (Illustrator)

Member:Mols1
Title:Just Being Audrey
Authors:Margaret Cardillo
Other authors:Julia Denos (Illustrator)
Info:Balzer Bray (2011), Hardcover, 32 pages

Just Being Audrey by Margaret Cardillo (2011)

This bibliography about Audrey Hepburn was a great read. Especially for young readers. This book is great for introducing bibliographies to ones who haven't read a bibliography before. It had great illustrations n the book that really help bring out Audrey. The author provides great background on who Audrey Hepburn was. Showing how she reached her dream with struggles.
  Katie-Langston | Apr 18, 2016 |
This book is short and to the point. I would defiantly use this book to introduce biographies in my elementary classroom. ( )
  mbt121 | Mar 22, 2016 |
It's such a beautiful book. The illustrations and summary of Audrey Hepburn's life is beautiful. This is a beautiful book for her fans old and young. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this book about Audrey Hepburn. My favorite thing in the book was a quote Audrey had on the very first page, "I never think about myself as an icon…I just do my thing." What an interesting person she is. She doesn't think of herself as a famous actress, icon, or let the fame get to her head, she stays true to herself and lives her life just as a normal person would. I never realized Audrey was a young girl during World War II and the things she had to go through at such a young age, but I was happy to find out her and her mother were able to move to London when the war ended and she was able to pursue a career as an actress. She started off with little money, only having a few items of clothes to wear, but she would wear those few items in different ways to make it into twenty different outfits. She never took anything for granted and when she realized her dreams of becoming a dancer weren't going to come true, she started acting and moved to New York City. She worked harder than anyone else, starred in famous movies including "Roman Holiday" which she even won an Oscar for her performance. Audrey played many different roles and went through transformations inside and out, but in real life Audrey stayed true to herself and knew exactly where she came from. Not only was this a good biography of Audrey Hepburn, but the pictures in the book were amazing. The pictures really caught my eyes and drew me even more into the book. ( )
  lcrosby | Jan 19, 2016 |

Margaret Cardilloprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Denos, JuliaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Short biography of actress Audrey Hepburn. Includes author's note, illustrator's note and timeline.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Just Being Audrey by Margaret Cardillo was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,529,379 books! | Top bar: Always visible