Silverlicious (Pinkalicious) by Victoria…

Silverlicious (Pinkalicious) (edition 2011)

by Victoria Kann, Victoria Kann (Illustrator)

Member:MaryARogers
Title:Silverlicious (Pinkalicious)
Authors:Victoria Kann
Other authors:Victoria Kann (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2011), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 40 pages
Collections:Lower Elementary Levels, Your library
Tags:Picture Book

Silverlicious by Victoria Kann

Silverlicous was a good book, but it was not one of my favorite books. The story focuses around a young girl who loses her tooth. The tooth that she lost she believes to be her sweet tooth. She writes letters to the tooth fairy asking her to bring different sweet treats so that she is able to taste sweets again. While this was not one of my favorite books there were aspects of the book that I really do like.
In the book Pinkalicious writes letters to all the different holiday characters who come to visit her while she sleeps. The way the author did this was she wrote the letters in the illustrations. That way when you are reading the story you actually get to read the letter that she is writing in the letter format. I think that this is a fun aspect of the book. It keeps the reader engaged and allows them to feel like they have a connection to the story and to the characters.
I also enjoyed how the book goes through all the different holiday characters. They each have a different way that they decorate Pinkalicous’s room and the illustrations really help to enhance the story on these pages. For example cupid is the first to visit her. In her room he completely decorates it with hearts and streams and balloons. The illustration takes up both ages and shows the reader all the fun decorations. The illustrations throughout the entire story help to keep the story moving along and keep the reader interested. ( )
  Khammersla | Apr 13, 2015 |
It was really cool because she had all the holidays in her room because she left a note under her pillow. And it was interesting because I did not know anyone had a sweet tooth. ( )
  Maya.Gaytan | Oct 19, 2014 |
I love the Pinkalicious series and I really did enjoy "Silverlicious". These books are always full of color and such sweet books with great meanings. Everything I babysit I always end up reading one of Victoria Kann's books.

Summary:

The children's book, "Silverlicious", is about a young girl, Pinkalicious, who bites into her brothers cookie and looses her tooth. But she didn't loose just any tooth, she lost her "sweet tooth"! She writes a letter to the tooth fairy explaining that she lost her sweet tooth and that while her other one grows back in if she could leave her something sweet to eat. But when Pinkalicious wakes up she finds that the tooth fairy does come but Carols Cupid did! She tried his red candy hearts but did not like them at all. She writes a note back to Carols Cupid and saying that they were disgusting and would prefer something sweet. She does this multiple times but gets Edgar Easter Bunny with his Jelly beans, and Elf #351 with candy canes. At the end, Pinkalicious does get a letter from the Toothfairy but she explains to her that sweetness comes from the heart and that when you are sweet, the world and all the delicious things in it will be sweet too.n ( )
  mnorth2 | Aug 31, 2014 |
This is another book in the "pinkalicious" series. I found the illustrations to be very good, and loved how it incorporated all the "mythical" creatures from various holidays. It is a cute book to read when a child loses her first tooth! ( )
  mariahpolen | Dec 10, 2013 |
I had a wiggly tooth and I wanted to get rid of it, so I bit into a cookie. That cookie didn't taste very good! Ugh oh the little girl thought, I lost my sweet tooth. That night the little girl put her tooth under her pillow expecting the tooth fairy to come but cupid came instead. She wasn't happy that cupid came so she put her tooth under her bed expecting the tooth fairy to come again, but this time there were candy eggs scattered around her room. Many nights after that she would awaken to many different things in her room, but one morning she found three silver coins under her pillow. She was wondering what they were, but her brother had already noticed that the coins were made out of chocolate. She was starting to get mad at her brother, but her brother was being very nice and gave her the chocolate coins back so she could have them. She had wanted to be as nice to her brother as he was to her. She wanted to be as sweet as her sweet tooth.
This book was a great book because one tooth had so much meaning to it and can make children understand the meaning of being sweet and having a sweet tooth. I would recommend this book to
  MariPechacek | Nov 11, 2013 |
David
i had a wiggly tooth, it had been wiggling for days.
" when your sweet the world and all the delicious things in it will be sweet too!"

When Pinkalicious loses her sweet tooth she turns to the Tooth Fairy for help.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Silverlicious by Victoria Kann was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,430,629 books! | Top bar: Always visible