Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts

Chasing Fire (edition 2012)

by Nora Roberts

6893513,825 ()19
Member:EstherShaindel
Title:Chasing Fire
Authors:Nora Roberts
Info:Jove (2012), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 464 pages

Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts (Author)

Recently added byarena100, private library, October16, thejasp, jerhogan, LoriAnnK, Dawn772, davidakachaos, Snowlady

English (34)  Spanish (1)  All languages (35)
A fun read. Quite gritty. Possibly a bit too much romance. Guessed the villain but all in all a good read. ( )
  jerhogan | Feb 6, 2015 |
Lots of fast paced exciting action in this story about the daring life of fire jumping. I really enjoyed the alpha heroine and hero. I always like when the male pursues the female and the secondary romance was a nice addition. Gull finishes training as a new firefighter when he meets experienced smoke jumper Rowan.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
I really, really wanted to like this book but I just cannot get into Nora Roberts. So, whoever reads this review keep that in mind. I simply seem to be at odds with her characters. I love the JD Robb books but hated all three of the Nora Roberts books I have read - though if you can think of one I would like after you read the below, let me know.

My main issue is the depth of the characters - they feel stereotypically shallow, borderline stupid and hysterical. I know I am being harsh but that is how it appears to me. The women seem to be by far too interested in nail polish and nonsense, the men seem to aspire to the stereotypes of the 1950s without any substance. Her writing is engaging and interesting, it is just that there is rarely a character I would actually want to meet. Having said that, the book is worth reading purely for the imagery and whit. ( )
  Christine_Blackthorn | Jun 28, 2014 |

Christine_Blackthorn | Jun 28, 2014 |
Meh. Characters were very one-dimensional. Story started dragging about 3/4 the way in. Ok, not great. ( )
  AJRyan6of7 | Feb 6, 2014 |
AMAZING, simply AMAZING!

This book was like reading three books in one. An action-packed firefighter story, a romance novel and a mystery. I loved every page-turning second of it.

Story One - the action-packed firefighter story: Never before have I wished that I could jump out of a plane. Heck, I don't even really like sitting inside a plane but how I longed to be one of the 'Zulies' and join in for just one smoke-jump. WOW, what a crazy job to have. The vivid imagery that Nora Roberts used made me not only see the flames but feel the heat as they burned through the gorgeous wilderness that the 'jumpers' were fighting so hard to protect. From the moment the siren sounded to the moment they 'killed the dragon', my heart would race and I was fighting the urge to read ahead to make sure everyone made it safely back to base.

Story Two - the romance novel: Just enough 'smut' to make the story good. Budding romances between Rowan and Gull, as well as Lucas 'Iron Man' Tripp and Ella, were something that made any woman long to be seduced again... the start of any relationship is so great and these two do not disappoint. After hours on the battlefield, risking your life, I can only imagine the passion behind some of the romance.

Story Three - the mystery: Totally unexpected. When things start to go awry on base, vandalism, gun shots, and equipment failure, the police are called in and an intense investigation begins. Bodies start showing up during hard-fought fires and fingers are pointed in every direction. Who would put people who already risk their lives in such danger? Who has a grudge that they aren't willing to let go?

Overall, I LOVED this book and was so sad that it ended. An amazing adventure and one that I would recommend to any and all fans of good writing and even better reading!

Popular, prolific Roberts delivers hair-raising smoke-jumping sequences along with the obligatory thrills, sex and a mystery even the greenest armchair sleuths will be able to solve.
added by Shortride | editKirkus Reviews (Apr 1, 2011)

Roberts, NoraAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lowman, RebeccaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Montana wildfire fighter Rowan has a strict rule: never get romantically involved with anyone she works with. But the moment she meets new recruit Gull Curry that rule is severely tested. And when it becomes clear that someone blames Rowan for her jump partner's death, and is determined to get revenge, Rowan finds that she needs Gull's help and support more than ever.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,704,087 books! | Top bar: Always visible