Fair Game (Alpha And Omega) by Patricia…

Fair Game (Alpha And Omega) (edition 2012)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:willowsmom
Title:Fair Game (Alpha And Omega)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace Hardcover (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 304 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:series, werewolves

Fair Game by Patricia Briggs

English (83)  Piratical (1)  All languages (84)
This book was quite exciting! Werewolves, witches, fae oh my! A predator is stalking the streets of Boston, taking prisoners and torturing them gruesomely. He has done this before. For years. The time for him to be caught is now. Anna and Charles are called in as consultants. The FBI, homeland, and a new branch nicknamed cantrip try to solve the crimes, yet the killer leaves no clues behind. With the help of these two special wolves justice is meted and Charles' guilt is destroyed by purpose. And the fae, oh, the fae... They do something incredible. So indescribable that I can't wait to get my hands upon the next book to find out the consequences. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
Another strong book from Briggs. This one takes place some time after the events of the second novel and the world now knows and has changed by the knowledge of more spiritual creatures. I did not guess the killer in this one until the reveal. I like how Anna is growing as she changes. She is growing into herself and trusting herself more and more. Briggs gives an interesting human character that I would love to see more of.Learning more about the Fae of this world was interesting too. Briggs stay very traditional with them. Very powerful, immortal unless murdered, and beyond human understanding. The world is becoming more complicated and more interesting. I would like to see more of the human supernatural powers other than witch. A very solid third book.

I give this book a Five out of Five stars. ( )
  lrainey | May 4, 2016 |
This series just gets better and better! After years of being Bran's assassin and eliminating those wolves who threaten the well being of the pack, Charles is being haunted by their ghosts. The resulting guilt has affected his bond with Anna. In an effort to help Charles, Bran sends him to Boston with Anna, where they assist the FBI as they hunt for a serial killer.

The killer strikes again while they are in Boston and they join forces with the girl's father (a powerful fae) and a dark witch in hopes of finding her before it's too late. As always, there is excitement, suspense, fascinating creatures and danger.

I also love, love, LOVE, how Anna has come into her own after such a rough beginning. Her wit and strength are very endearing and she's perfect for Charles. As always, the chemistry between the couple is AMAZING. This was a great book and the ending was out of this world!
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
awesome! ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
Overall I enjoyed the book - especially the aspect of a murder mystery - which gave it something a little different compared to the first two books in the series. The author did a great job at creating all the elements for the mystery and connecting it together slowly. I figured out who was behind it early on, but she did do a good job at building everything up to the end and resolution the mystery.

While the build up to the end was well done and at times, suspenseful, I found that the actual ending and reveal was underwhelming. There was so much careful time and plotting to get there and then it was a bland way to do a final showdown compared to the rest of the book. I also found Charles' brooding started to become frustrating - he's already not the top of my favourite characters list, but I found him to be even more bothersome in this book.

Anna on the other hand has become a fantastic character over the series and this book really showed how much she's grown. I'm really enjoying her and I can't wait to see what the author does with her in the rest of the series - Anna has really come into her own and this book shows it. In the end it was a good read - I'm looking forward to what the rest of the series has to offer as well as starting on the author's other series.

Also found on my book review blog Jules' Book Reviews - Fair Game ( )
  bookwormjules | Feb 20, 2016 |
Fair Game is the 3rd book in the Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs. If you want to read these books in order and have not started them yet, I would recommend starting with the short story titled Alpha and Omega in the book On the Prowl.

Charles is the enforcer and son for the leader of the North American Werewolves. It is a job that has changed dramaticlaly now that werewolves have come out to the public. Charles is becoming conflicted about enforcing new rules and expectations of werewolves everywhere. When his mate, Anna, is sent to help law enforcement find a serial killer that is now murdering werewolves he finds himself dangerously close to the edge. Anna is an Omega and can calm the wolf inside. Can Anna convince Charles to let her help when it is the man that is in trouble?

I really liked Fair Game. The deepening of the story line to this whole world has me craving the next book (don’t want to give spoilers so I really cannot say more). Anna has grown as a character and it great seeing her keep everyone in check. The story flowed very well and the ending was great! I would recommend reading this series in order, although I do think that Fair Game could be read interdependently as well.

Briggs, Patriciaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Briggs, MikeAuthor photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
DeFex, Annette FioreCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
del Rosario, KristinDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enzweiler, MichaelCartographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES (for the Hardcover First Edition):

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental. The publisher does not have any control over and does not assume any responsibility for author or third-party websites or their content.

No part of this book may be reproduced, scanned, or distributed in any printed or electronic form without permission. Please do not participate in or encourage piracy of copyrighted materials in violation of the author's rights. Purchase only authorized editions.

Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data provided

The snail mail addresses are given for various Penguin offices in this order: USA, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, India, New Zealand, and South Africa.

FIRST EDITION March 2012.

The first printing line is 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1.

The Marrok sends Charles and Anna to Boston to cooperate in the investigation of a serial killer who has been operating for decades, recently targeting werewolves. Charles' soul has been sickened recently by having to mete retribution rather than justice, and the ghosts of those he has killed are haunting him.

"It is said that opposites attract. And in the case of werewolves Anna Latham and Charles Cornick, they mate. The son--and enforcer--of the leader of the North American werewolves, Charles is a dominant Alpha. While Anna, an Omega, has the rare ability to calm others of her kind. Now that the werewolves have revealed themselves to humans, they can't afford any bad publicity. Infractions that could have been overlooked in the past must now be punished, and the strain of doing his father's dirty work is taking a toll on Charles. Nevertheless, Charles and Anna are sent to Boston when the FBI requests the pack's help on a local serial-killer case. They quickly realize that the last two victims were werewolves, and identify others originally thought humans as fae. Someone is targeting the preternatural. And now Anna and Charles have put themselves right in the killer's sights.."--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,851,169 books! | Top bar: Always visible