Fair Game (Alpha And Omega) by Patricia…

Fair Game (Alpha And Omega) (edition 2012)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:willowsmom
Title:Fair Game (Alpha And Omega)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace Hardcover (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 304 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:series, werewolves

Fair Game by Patricia Briggs

English (75)  Piratical (1)  All languages (76)
Its been too long since there was an Alpha and Omega book. Something killed three werewolves and then they figure out its also been killing the Fae. Anna and Charles help the FBI solve who or whom the serial killers are. We also have the start of a Fae war against humans. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Another great installment of the Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs. My only criticism (and my mom concurred) is that it felt like an over-long short story - not quite long enough to be a whole novel, but a great story nonetheless. Once the story gets fully underway, it's a real page-turner. And WHOA! The ending! Some very interesting stuff to come in both of her series! ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
I can't explain how much I love Charles and Anna, they're my favourite charachters in the "Mercyvers".
I've already re-read three times the trilogy and it seems I can't get tired of them.
But I ABSOLUTELY want a next new story...please, Patricia!!! ( )
  AzureStrawberry | Jan 12, 2016 |
So so good! I'm impressed! Review soon... ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
Wow. This one blew me away compared to first of the Alpha and Omega series .

Small correction to the synopsis at goodreads site -- all the victim are not werewolves (all the victims are werewolves or other supernatural beings like the fae).

Being a fan of Ms. Briggs and the Mercy Thompson series, I was, of course, interested in more of Charles and Bran and her whole upbringing but until this book the A&O series lacked some oomph! or something for me (in fact whole passages of earlier books were rather sluggish and uninteresting to me; felt needed to either be more on the romance or less on the romance with more on the action or more on the shaman spiritualism; books just did not seem to find the right balance. I enjoyed as this author can write--but not a huge fan).

Fair Game, despite Charles' persistent soul searching, was an intense, enjoyable read that had to be done in one sitting (okay, pre-ordered for March because of author without realizing which series but once started could not put down until finished). Story arc built well, characters interesting, mystery progressed with reasonable clues without irritatingly intense foreshadowing, worldbuilding and politics in the world where supernatural beings were out in public (I believe this author was one of first to use that plot device) rather plausible -- just kept my interest start to finish.

And what an ending! No cliffhanger ending just to make you buy next in series; but, oh boy, you can see it opening a whole new can of worms to make the series get even more interesting. ( )
  Spurts | Oct 29, 2015 |
Fair Game is the 3rd book in the Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs. If you want to read these books in order and have not started them yet, I would recommend starting with the short story titled Alpha and Omega in the book On the Prowl.

Charles is the enforcer and son for the leader of the North American Werewolves. It is a job that has changed dramaticlaly now that werewolves have come out to the public. Charles is becoming conflicted about enforcing new rules and expectations of werewolves everywhere. When his mate, Anna, is sent to help law enforcement find a serial killer that is now murdering werewolves he finds himself dangerously close to the edge. Anna is an Omega and can calm the wolf inside. Can Anna convince Charles to let her help when it is the man that is in trouble?

I really liked Fair Game. The deepening of the story line to this whole world has me craving the next book (don’t want to give spoilers so I really cannot say more). Anna has grown as a character and it great seeing her keep everyone in check. The story flowed very well and the ending was great! I would recommend reading this series in order, although I do think that Fair Game could be read interdependently as well.

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Briggs, MikeAuthor photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
DeFex, Annette FioreCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
del Rosario, KristinDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enzweiler, MichaelCartographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES (for the Hardcover First Edition):

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental. The publisher does not have any control over and does not assume any responsibility for author or third-party websites or their content.

No part of this book may be reproduced, scanned, or distributed in any printed or electronic form without permission. Please do not participate in or encourage piracy of copyrighted materials in violation of the author's rights. Purchase only authorized editions.

Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data provided

The snail mail addresses are given for various Penguin offices in this order: USA, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, India, New Zealand, and South Africa.

FIRST EDITION March 2012.

The first printing line is 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1.

The Marrok sends Charles and Anna to Boston to cooperate in the investigation of a serial killer who has been operating for decades, recently targeting werewolves. Charles' soul has been sickened recently by having to mete retribution rather than justice, and the ghosts of those he has killed are haunting him.

"It is said that opposites attract. And in the case of werewolves Anna Latham and Charles Cornick, they mate. The son--and enforcer--of the leader of the North American werewolves, Charles is a dominant Alpha. While Anna, an Omega, has the rare ability to calm others of her kind. Now that the werewolves have revealed themselves to humans, they can't afford any bad publicity. Infractions that could have been overlooked in the past must now be punished, and the strain of doing his father's dirty work is taking a toll on Charles. Nevertheless, Charles and Anna are sent to Boston when the FBI requests the pack's help on a local serial-killer case. They quickly realize that the last two victims were werewolves, and identify others originally thought humans as fae. Someone is targeting the preternatural. And now Anna and Charles have put themselves right in the killer's sights.."--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,125,477 books! | Top bar: Always visible