Fair Game (Alpha And Omega) by Patricia…
Member:willowsmom
Title:Fair Game (Alpha And Omega)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace Hardcover (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 304 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:series, werewolves

Fair Game by Patricia Briggs

2012 (20) 2013 (5) Alpha and Omega (29) Boston (10) ebook (13) fae (16) faerie (7) fantasy (67) fiction (49) Kindle (13) magic (9) mystery (13) own (8) paranormal (34) paranormal romance (14) read (11) read in 2012 (12) romance (15) science fiction (5) serial killer (13) series (23) sff (5) shapeshifters (16) supernatural (6) to-read (32) urban (8) urban fantasy (75) vampires (8) werewolves (75) witches (9)

This is set after River Marked but Mercy and her crew only appear in this book by way of a phone call. It is all Charles and Anna taking care of a problem of a serial killer. The fey are involved in the case once Anna and Charles realize that all the victims are fey or part fey. I really liked the ending of the book and will not even hint at what it was but it now has me on the edge of my seat for the next book in the series just to see the results of the actions of the last few pages of the book. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
This third installment in the Alpha & Omega series really packs a punch for what I think most consider a "companion" to Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series. The level of information and the events that take place in this book prove that these books should not be bypassed if you are a fan of Briggs' Mercy Thompson. If you were to skip this book you'd miss what I think might be a pivotal event for the overall story arc of both series.

I think that this book was way less of a "romance" than her previous 2 with Anna and Charles. I definitely found the 'less romance' feel to be preferable. It was good to see Anna has more self confidence and is standing on her own two feet and pushing back at the world in general. Charles is still as stubborn as ever but I think here we finally see him learning a few things about himself with a satisfying amout of character growth.

The writing was superb, with absolutely no repetitive junk thrown in that we often see in series books by other authors. Briggs always leaves me anxious for every word and I never feel there are any wasted. The only downside for me was there were a few supporting cast characters that I think could have been fleshed out a little bit more but they were still well written and though they didn't add too much overall to the story they didn't take away from it either.

I'm already chomping at the bit to get my hands on whatever book Briggs puts out next! ( )
  Pabkins | Jun 24, 2014 |
I think this is the best out of the three in this series. I really got into the book. It’s on par with Moon Called and some of the Mercy books. It was written fairly recently so that could be why. There are authors out there who can get better the more they write. I thought Briggs was losing that a little lately until I read this book and her latest, Night Broken. I’m really glad she’s not. But now I’m all caught up on her werewolf series. I’m going to have to go read some of her other series now. If you’re a fan of Briggs, this is certainly a series you’ll want to read. ( )
  Kassilem | May 31, 2014 |
Of all the Alpha & Omega books, aside from the initial short story (which was excellent), this was by far my favorite. Still, this series never quite lives up to the promise of that short story, and it's not as compelling as the Mercy books. It's worth reading, especially if you love Patricia Briggs' writing (which I do). Worth the library reservation fee, but not $12.99 for the ebook. I just can't go over $9.99 for an ebook. I don't care, that's my limit. ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
A spin off of the Mercy Thompson series we see a different side of the world that Briggs has created. Frustrating at times because so many of Briggs female characters are brutalized and abused, I will be interested in seeing how the series goes. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
Fair Game is the 3rd book in the Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs. If you want to read these books in order and have not started them yet, I would recommend starting with the short story titled Alpha and Omega in the book On the Prowl.

Charles is the enforcer and son for the leader of the North American Werewolves. It is a job that has changed dramaticlaly now that werewolves have come out to the public. Charles is becoming conflicted about enforcing new rules and expectations of werewolves everywhere. When his mate, Anna, is sent to help law enforcement find a serial killer that is now murdering werewolves he finds himself dangerously close to the edge. Anna is an Omega and can calm the wolf inside. Can Anna convince Charles to let her help when it is the man that is in trouble?

I really liked Fair Game. The deepening of the story line to this whole world has me craving the next book (don’t want to give spoilers so I really cannot say more). Anna has grown as a character and it great seeing her keep everyone in check. The story flowed very well and the ending was great! I would recommend reading this series in order, although I do think that Fair Game could be read interdependently as well.

The Marrok sends Charles and Anna to Boston to cooperate in the investigation of a serial killer who has been operating for decades, recently targeting werewolves. Charles' soul has been sickened recently by having to mete retribution rather than justice, and the ghosts of those he has killed are haunting him.

"It is said that opposites attract. And in the case of werewolves Anna Latham and Charles Cornick, they mate. The son--and enforcer--of the leader of the North American werewolves, Charles is a dominant Alpha. While Anna, an Omega, has the rare ability to calm others of her kind. Now that the werewolves have revealed themselves to humans, they can't afford any bad publicity. Infractions that could have been overlooked in the past must now be punished, and the strain of doing his father's dirty work is taking a toll on Charles. Nevertheless, Charles and Anna are sent to Boston when the FBI requests the pack's help on a local serial-killer case. They quickly realize that the last two victims were werewolves, and identify others originally thought humans as fae. Someone is targeting the preternatural. And now Anna and Charles have put themselves right in the killer's sights.."--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,510,116 books! | Top bar: Always visible