Annales du Disque-Monde 09. Eric by Terry…

Annales du Disque-Monde 09. Eric (original 1990; edition 1990)

by Terry Pratchett, Josh ill Kirby (Illustrator)

Member:bergg
Title:Annales du Disque-Monde 09. Eric
Authors:Terry Pratchett
Other authors:Josh ill Kirby (Illustrator)
Info:Atalante (L') (1997), Paperback, 162 pages
Collections:Fiction
Rating:***1/2
Tags:ebook, fantaisie, humour, série Discworld

Eric by Terry Pratchett (1990)

The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett (jpers36)
    The Infernals by John Connolly (JanesList)
    JanesList: Both of these books have interesting portrayals of Hell.

English (78)  Polish (1)  German (1)  French (1)  Danish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (83)
This book doesn't seem to get much love, even from Pratchett fans, but I enjoyed myself! It's short, has Rincewind and Death ... what more do you require? ( )
  tungsten_peerts | Aug 9, 2016 |
This was a very short book (Novella? Bookella?) in the Discworld universe, featuring Rincewind. My Kindle edition said it was 149 pages, and it felt even shorter. Apparently it was originally published with illustrations, but I read a non-illustrated version. People had told me the illustrations weren’t necessary to the story, and I agree with them. It was perfectly coherent on its own. Well, as coherent as the Discworld ever is, I guess. :)

The basic story is that Rincewind, for reasons not worth trying to explain, finds himself unwillingly playing the role of demon for a teenage boy. There really wasn’t much to the plot, although the explanation for everything that happened was somewhat amusing. The book was cute, with some funny moments, but I don’t think it will prove to be particularly memorable. ( )
  YouKneeK | Jun 26, 2016 |
I have a love/hate r'ship with the Discworld books.
I enjoy every encounter I have with Rincewind, the Luggage, and the Librarian.
Carrot is mildly interesting
Bits of concepts throughout the series are clever.
Pretty much the rest of the characters, and books, annoy and/or frustrate me. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
meh ( )
  GeetuM | Jun 3, 2016 |
Definitely not my favorite of the Discworld books, but still fun to listen to.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |

Kirby, JoshIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sweet, Darrell K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
[None]
[None]
The bees of Death are big and black, they buzz low and somber, they keep their honey in combs of wax as white as altar candles.
No enemies had ever taken Ankh-Morpork. Well technically they had, quite often; the city welcomed free-spending barbarian invaders, but somehow the puzzled raiders found, after a few days, that they didn't own their horses any more, and within a couple of months they were just another minority group with its own graffiti and food shops.
It was true about the time measurement as well. The Tezumen had realized long ago that everything was steadily getting worse and, having a terrible little-mindedness, had developed a complex system to keep track of how much worse each succeeding day was.
- "There's a door"
- "Where does it go?"
- "It stays where it is, I think."
- "So we're surrounded by absolutely nothing. There's a word for it. It's what you get when there's nothing left and everything's been used up."
- "Yes. I think it's called the bill."
- "What're quantum mechanics?"
- "I don't know. People who repair quantums, I suppose."
The title is sometimes rendered as Faust Eric.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380821214, Mass Market Paperback)

Discworld's only demonology hacker, Eric, is about to make life very difficult for the rest of Ankh-Morpork's denizens. This would-be Faust is very bad...at his work, that is. All he wants is to fulfill three little wishes:to live forever, to be master of the universe, and to have a stylin' hot babe.

But Eric isn't even good at getting his own way. Instead of a powerful demon, he conjures, well, Rincewind, a wizard whose incompetence is matched only by Eric's. And as if that wasn't bad enough, that lovable travel accessory the Luggage has arrived, too. Accompanied by his best friends, there's only one thing Eric wishes now -- that he'd never been born!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:21 -0400)

Discworld's only demonology hacker, Eric, is about to make life very difficult for the rest of Ankh-Morpork's denizens. This would-be Faust is very bad-at his work, that is. Eric wants to fulfill three wishes: to live forever, to be master of the universe, and to have a hot babe. Instead of conjuring a demon, Eric brings forth a wizard whose incompetence is matched only by Eric's. All he wants is to fulfill three little wishes:to live forever, to be master of the universe, and to have a stylin' hot babe. But Eric isn't even good at getting his own way. Instead of a powerful demon, he conjures, well, Rincewind, a wizard whose incompetence is matched only by Eric's. And as if that wasn't bad enough, that lovable travel accessory the luggage has arrived, too. Accompanied by his best friends, there's only one thing Eric wishes now-that he'd never been born!… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,422,716 books! | Top bar: Always visible