Cattitude by Edie Ramer

Info:
Rating:*****

Cattitude by Edie Ramer

From Lilac Wolf and Stuff

It's a body switch story, except it's between a human woman (who happens to be psychic) and a female cat. Belle, the cat, who finds she generally dislikes how complicated it is to be human. I love that she doesn't let anyone get to her, and continues to come and go as she pleases and does what she wants, she stays very catlike in attitude. Highlight of being human? Learning to use the can opener so she can eat tuna anytime. Also she learns how to read and gets sucked into Harry Potter. As someone who is reading them for the 3rd time, I see how that can happen. lol

Sorcha, finds that she kind of likes being a cat. It's quiet; in the switch, her powers fizzle out and she has silence in her mind for the first time in her life. She also finds a little girl who loves her unconditionally and truly needs her.

Edie keeps the suspense up in this story because not only are you unsure about them switching back, which both generally want to do, but Sorcha has people who want to kill her. Well, technically one of them wants to kill Belle who is in Sorcha's body, but you'll have to read the tale to figure that one out.

And I would say that is also contains the strong female lead and a man who doesn't care that she's strong. And this is odd, because he's a man who is used to taking care of people.

I can now say, without a doubt, I am an Edie Ramer fan! ( )
  lilacwolf | Dec 12, 2012 |
The cover on this is quite fun, and gives you a good idea what the main plot is about. I like the shades of purple and pink used as well, and the wispy detail of Belle's tail on the cover. What the cover won't tell you is the fantastic storyline which meld with the feline story.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I'm a cat person, and the idea of this book intrigued me from the synopsis. The plot far exceeded what I thought it might be, the characters were good, and I adored the swap between Belle and Scorcha, who both gain so much and have to get used to a completely different way of living. I can vividly see the life and habits of many cats reflected in Belle and the crossover made fantastic reading, as did the fantastically woven storyline. I enjoyed this so much!

Meet the main characters - Belle, the cat who dominates her owner Max's life. Caroline, the two faced predator and Scorcha, who is running from a fate that is hunting her down. There's a host of interesting relationships, with murder, romance, friendships, family history and responsibility all in the mix, on top of the fascinating transition from cat to human and just desserts for everybody. The book is very touching and sweet in places, especially concerning Max.

The only reason this didn't get a merit rating is because Scorcha is a psychic before the switch, and when the switch happens, this element has got left behind and not mentioned for the new recipient...I was curious to see where that might have led.

Overall, don't be fooled into thinking this is just about our feline friends. There's so much more to this book. Edie Ramer brings not only a different twist on cat stories, but also a fantastic storyline which works so well alongside it. I couldn't put this one down and read it in one sitting. ( )
  CloverHillReviews | Dec 29, 2010 |
I quite enjoyed this light romantic tale of body switching. As an owner of three cats, I have to admit I may be a little biased. I gravitate to cat-based stories like a dog to a chew toy, but the story still needs to hold its own and this one certainly did.

Belle (the cat) and Sorcha (the human) switch bodies (or souls, if you prefer) and experience what it is like to live like the other. They must adapt to their new experiences while dealing with murderers, unfamiliar amorous feelings, mean nannies, and lonely little girls.... among other things.

The narrative and dialogue were comfortable and I found myself easily drawn from one page to the next. The characters were interesting and Belle, as a human, was just as stubborn and independent as my own cats. I could easily relate to all of her cat-related behaviors. I also really liked the banter between Max and his brother, Ted.

There is intrigue to the story but I wouldn’t call it a mystery since the bad guys are revealed to the reader from the start. It is more a slowly unraveling plot of what happens to both Belle and Sorcha in their newfound bodies, what happens to the bad guys and their evil plans, and how it all ends up happily ever after. And there are HEAs all over the place. Except maybe for poor Ted… perhaps the author will take pity on him and give him a book of his own one day (hint, hint, nudge, nudge).

My only nitpick is the number of typos. There were quite a few, but the other elements of the story were strong enough that I didn’t factor that into the rating.

Cattitude is a charming story for anyone who might enjoy a sweet romance with a “Freaky Friday” feline twist.

Rating: 4 (I Really Liked It)

http://indieparanormalbooksreviews.blogspot.com/ ( )
  mishmelle | Nov 7, 2010 |

It’s all in the Cattitude . . .

After Belle the cat switches bodies with a psychic on the run from a murderer, she wants her perfect cat body back instead of this furless human one. But she doesn’t count on falling in love with her former owner. Or that a CEO and a beauty queen want to use up her nine lives. Now is her chance to prove anything a human can do, a cat can do better.

Edie Ramer is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,400,314 books! | Top bar: Always visible