Curious Folks Ask 2: 188 Real Answers on Our…

Curious Folks Ask 2: 188 Real Answers on Our Fellow Creatures, Our Planet,… (2014)

by Sherry Seethaler

91None199,429 (4.25)None
2011 (2) @1 (1) B&N (1) children (1) CROwns (1) deleted (1) digital (1) ebook (11) epub (1) freebie (4) Glen (1) indie-kindle (2) K (1) Kindle (14) Kindle book (1) kindle-books (2) light reading (1) loomad (1) Lu (2) non-fiction (14) nonfiction-biography-memoir (2) nook (3) own (4) reference (7) science (13) Science & Nature (1) taimed (1) to-read (14) trivia (3) unread (3)

No reviews
Information from the Estonian Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.

Why do lizards do pushups? What will happen if the Earth’s magnetic field reverses? How does water get from the roots to the tops of trees? Why and how do stars die? Is there really such a thing as the green flash? In Curious Folks Ask 2: 188 Answers about Our Fellow Creatures, Our Planet, and Beyond, gifted science explainer Sherry Seethaler presents 188 of the most fascinating new questions real people have asked about science–together with answers that are clear, accurate, honest, and a pleasure to read.

Like her previous book, Curious Folks Ask, the Q&As in this book are collected from Seethaler’s popular weekly column in the San Diego Union-Tribune. From the Earth’s strangest lifeforms to the deepest reaches of the universe. Seethaler introduces exciting areas of research, cuts through myths, offers real insight into what science has learned–and reveals the continuing mysteries scientists are still working to understand.

Written in Seethaler’s trademark style, Curious Folks Ask 2: 188 Answers about Our Fellow Creatures, Our Planet, and Beyond presents sophisticated science in a lighthearted, amusing way. Seethaler’s answers will help rekindle the wonder of science in readers of all ages and backgrounds–and help them intelligently interpret the latest news about science and medicine for years to come.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:46 -0400)

What have you always wondered about? For more than seven years, renowned science writer Dr Sherry Steethaler has answered questions in her weekly column and in her best-selling book.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,339,256 books! | Top bar: Always visible