The Ale Boy's Feast: A Novel (The…

The Ale Boy's Feast: A Novel (The Auralia Thread) (edition 2011)

by Jeffrey Overstreet

Member:cabalexis
Title:The Ale Boy's Feast: A Novel (The Auralia Thread)
Authors:Jeffrey Overstreet
Info:WaterBrook Press (2011), Paperback, 400 pages

The Ale Boy's Feast: A Novel (The Auralia Thread) by Jeffrey Overstreet

A very touching end to a magical tale of love, loss, hardship, and forgiveness. ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is definitely not a stand-alone book; you may want to go back through and re-read previous books before you dig in again. I'll admit I never did finish this book; it came across as disjointed and occasionally disorganized, and like the author's heart wasn't in it. The world itself is definitely unique, and the very definition of dark fantasy, so if you're into dark Christian fantasy, go for it...but start from the beginning. ( )
  lyrrael | Oct 18, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
So ends one of the best fantasy series I have read.

I have read all of Jeffrey Overstreet's "The Auralia Thread" and it has been a wonderful adventure.

This book does an excellent job of bringing the story to a conclusion. I did make the mistake of reading several of the books many months apart, so I was a little lost with some of the characters and plot lines when I got to the final book. I am looking forward to going back and reading all of the books in succession.

The Ale Boy's Feast finishes "The Auralia Thread" and Overstreet's amazing writing style continues throughout. The characters and especially the environments come alive in this final story.

There are plenty of twists, surprises, and exciting moments in this novel.

I would highly recommend this novel to anyone that is looking for a different take on the fantasy genre.

4.5 / 5 Stars ( )
  mudrash | Aug 20, 2011 |
Overstreet concludes the Auralia Thread series with this book. It has quite a few surprises. Most of the principal characters from prior novels received somewhat less time, and I think this affected the overall continuity. Still, this is one of the finest of modern fantasy series, with well developed characters in a world that is well thought out. I can easily see other series taking place in this universe, and eagerly anticipate the next Overstreet novel. ( )
  Bill.Bradford | Aug 15, 2011 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Honestly, at this point in the series, I'm a little bit lost in all the allegory. I really liked Auralia's Colors, but I think I missed the boat on what all of this is meant to 'be', and now it's just a pale imitation of Lord of the Rings. ( )
  boppie | Aug 13, 2011 |
For Anne
Her imagination inspired the adventure, her belief in these stories gave me the confidence, her listening ear helped me tune the instruments, her hard work alongside me made the series possible, and her presence was a blessing on the journey from the grasses beside the River Throanscall to the mists beyond the Forbidding Wall.
A mystery led the old man from the shelter of the trees.

The king is missing. His people are trapped as the woods turn deadly. Underground, the boy called Rescue has found an escape. Hopes are failing across The Expanse. The forests, once beautiful, are now haunted and bloodthirsty. House Abascar's persecuted people risk their lives to journey through those predatory trees. They seek a mythic city - Abascar's last, best hope for refuge - where they might find the source of Auralia's colors. They journey without their king. During a calamitous attempt to rescue some of his subjects from slavery, Cal-raven vanished. But his helper, the ale boy, falling through a crack in the earth, has discovered a slender thread of hope in the dark. He will dare to lead a desperate company up the secret river. Meanwhile, with a dragon's help, the wandering mage Scharr ben Fray is uncovering history's biggest lie - a deception that only a miracle can repair. Time is running out for all those entangled in The Auralia Thread. But hope and miracles flicker wherever Auralia's colors are found.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Ale Boy's Feast by Jeffrey Overstreet was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,475,131 books! | Top bar: Always visible